Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options

The leaves are changing colour while patterns are emerging in the PL. The season feels fully underway now there’s a nip in the air.  We start tonight;

Friday 

Arsenal v Villa, just how good are either of these teams? Evenly matched on performances so far and tonight will offer no new information about that. 2-2.

Saturday 

Chelsea v Norwich, home win by 3, 4, 5?  Playing it safe 3-0.

Palace v Newcastle, sooner or later we won’t let a goal in during the last minute.  I don’t mind if that’s not this week and we are 4 up. Toon are a shambles and the takeover came at precisely the wrong time with no transfers possible until January while the team tears itself to pieces. Surely we can’t mess this one up? 2-0

Everton v Watford,  will take while for Ranieri to even the Hornets’ keel, the Toffees have what it takes to see this home. 2-0

Leeds v Wolves, still not happening for Leeds yet and Wolves are in form.  Grizzly 1-1.

Southampton v Burnley, probably the weekend’s low-light. Screams nil all, so 0-0 it is.

Brighton v Man City, finally the filthy Seagulls play a top team.  Let’s see how accurate those accolades about being genius level footballers they are now.  Hopefully the start of a massive losing streak. 0-2. 

Stoke suffered a reverse to in-form Bournemouth mid-week, no shame in that.  Away to Millwall this time which is never pleasant and the hosts are on a roll.  Tough match in every respect. @eoin will know what I am doing here : 2-0

Sunday 

Brentford v Leicester, similar output so far and a good test for each team.  The Foxes ought to  have enough but Europe is bogging them down.  All three results possible, so I’m going home win 1-0.

West Ham v Spurs, I reckon this will be an absolute stinker of a match. Neither team fully effective at either end. 1-1

Man Utd v Liverpool, could be a cagey bore fest but I just cant see Utd keeping a lid on things. 0-1 

There you go,  get your bets on that lot.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Cleaning/disinfecting day. 
    Can you still open the cuffs with one of these?

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    edited October 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

The leaves are changing colour while patterns are emerging in the PL. The season feels fully underway now there’s a nip in the air.  We start tonight;

Friday 

Arsenal v Villa, just how good are either of these teams? Evenly matched on performances so far and tonight will offer no new information about that. 2-2.

Saturday 

Chelsea v Norwich, home win by 3, 4, 5?  Playing it safe 3-0.

Palace v Newcastle, sooner or later we won’t let a goal in during the last minute.  I don’t mind if that’s not this week and we are 4 up. Toon are a shambles and the takeover came at precisely the wrong time with no transfers possible until January while the team tears itself to pieces. Surely we can’t mess this one up? 2-0

Everton v Watford,  will take while for Ranieri to even the Hornets’ keel, the Toffees have what it takes to see this home. 2-0

Leeds v Wolves, still not happening for Leeds yet and Wolves are in form.  Grizzly 1-1.

Southampton v Burnley, probably the weekend’s low-light. Screams nil all, so 0-0 it is.

Brighton v Man City, finally the filthy Seagulls play a top team.  Let’s see how accurate those accolades about being genius level footballers they are now.  Hopefully the start of a massive losing streak. 0-2. 

Stoke suffered a reverse to in-form Bournemouth mid-week, no shame in that.  Away to Millwall this time which is never pleasant and the hosts are on a roll.  Tough match in every respect. @eoin will know what I am doing here : 2-0

Sunday 

Brentford v Leicester, similar output so far and a good test for each team.  The Foxes ought to  have enough but Europe is bogging them down.  All three results possible, so I’m going home win 1-0.

West Ham v Spurs, I reckon this will be an absolute stinker of a match. Neither team fully effective at either end. 1-1

Man Utd v Liverpool, could be a cagey bore fest but I just cant see Utd keeping a lid on things. 0-1 

There you go,  get your bets on that lot.

Love this as always @CPFC1905.  Thank you.

I think there are some opportunities for improvement here though.  

Yes, Palace could mess it up.  Ultimately, I don't think they're capable of the reasonably comfortable 2-0 victory you predict and it will be 2-1.

Watford players will be extra motivated to impress the new gaffer and will manage a 1-1 draw with Everton.

Southampton and Burnley will have some goals.  I don't know who will score them but there will be some goals just by sheer random chance because a ball is bouncing around the field in front of two poor defenses.

West Ham gave it everything they had in the Europa League and they aren't deep enough to consistently put out good effort in more than one league, so I think Spurs take that one 2-0.

Lastly, I wouldn't mind seeing Man U lose 1-0 to the scousers because that would mean their defense didn't fair too badly.  Unfortunately, I see this one going 3-1 in favor of Liverpool.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Vegan burgers for tea.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I really feel like fuzzy cuffs would be a much better crime deterrent. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options

With fuzzy Mom slippers in matching pink and a bright yellow jumpsuit.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Vegan burgers for tea.

The people have spoken (flagged).  
    You know the rules : If it didn't have a face, it don't deserve the grill space.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Can you still open the cuffs with one of these?

Probably, cuffs a fairly easy to defeat if one has a basic tool and patience. 

I had a pair, but the department said no. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• CPFC1905
    Options
    @Botch  
    my original set weren’t exactly new, you could slide the pin over the teeth to release them.  
    We went to Quick cuff, the rigid ones after that.  Awkward if you had them on the wrong part of your belt.  Plus the extendable baton falling out your waist band pouch constantly meant we added rubber bands around the grip to act as a grommet.  That  gave you a bit more grip for the more enthusiastic deployments, too.   Then we got Captor and didn’t need to get so close to the fighty ones. 
    Once PPE vests became standard issue we had increasing amounts of webbing / molle options. 
    Flash forward to my time in Kabul and slamming the G17 grip in the car door to ping the shoe off the mag was our next trick.   16 x 9 mm FMJ in the mud and snow. At least there was one in the pipe good to go.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Being a YouTube junkie, I have food related content that will pop up for suggested videos. One of those random food videos was someone trying out Burger King ghost nuggets. Being a sucker of spicy food, I had to check it out. Even if it's fast food nuggets....

I have to admit they were much better than anticipated. Again, that's not saying much as it's still a Burger King nugget but the heat was nice. A slow burn as I wasn't that impressed with the heat from the first nugget. After a couple more nuggets the heat was there. Not extreme heat but some good heat. I found them better than a typical fast food chicken nugget. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My wife hates the shiny hardware on our gas fireplace, even though it matches the hardware on her piano perfectly. It does date the insert though. I figure I’ll take some sandpaper to it to make the gold matte. Any recommendations on grit level and approach? @nolaegghead

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    My wife hates the shiny hardware on our gas fireplace, even though it matches the hardware on her piano perfectly. It does date the insert though. I figure I’ll take some sandpaper to it to make the gold matte. Any recommendations on grit level and approach? @nolaegghead

Our gold stuff unclipped pretty easily.  We just removed and what was left looked great. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Our gold stuff unclipped pretty easily.  We just removed and what was left looked great. 
    Thanks for the suggestion. When I played around with the gold accents, removal resulted in it looking incomplete. I think outright omission is not an option on this model. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Thanks for the suggestion. When I played around with the gold accents, removal resulted in it looking incomplete. I think outright omission is not an option on this model. 
    I would say move!   But  I would miss your car pics.  Could you take gold off and bring those items to a powder coater?  Or paint with high temp black or woodstove paint? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,611
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Take them off and paint them high temp black 
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

Assuming the gold isn’t a super thin coating, I’d start with “0000” steel wool or a soft plastic scrubbie. Good luck!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Foghorn
    Options
    @CPFC1905, so far I'm 3 for 3 in principle - although my precision is definitely lacking.

"Yes, Palace could mess it up.  Ultimately, I don't think they're capable of the reasonably comfortable 2-0 victory you predict and it will be 2-1.

Watford players will be extra motivated to impress the new gaffer and will manage a 1-1 draw with Everton.

Southampton and Burnley will have some goals.  I don't know who will score them but there will be some goals just by sheer random chance because a ball is bouncing around the field in front of two poor defenses."

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, so far I'm 3 for 3 in principle - although my precision is definitely lacking.

"Yes, Palace could mess it up.  Ultimately, I don't think they're capable of the reasonably comfortable 2-0 victory you predict and it will be 2-1.

Southampton and Burnley will have some goals.  I don't know who will score them but there will be some goals just by sheer random chance because a ball is bouncing around the field in front of two poor defenses."
    Football is a cruel mistress. You are being drawn by the allure of new and different, excited by playing with fire.   You'll get found out and spanked soon. 

Overall the Watford result is the most upsetting.  An irredeemable bunch of cloggers.

Palace could/should/would have - but didn't and lets trust that 3 'nice but not quite' is it and we find that final 1% of professionalism soon.  Away to Man City is probably too soon, though. 
  • My wife hates the shiny hardware on our gas fireplace, even though it matches the hardware on her piano perfectly. It does date the insert though. I figure I’ll take some sandpaper to it to make the gold matte. Any recommendations on grit level and approach? @nolaegghead

Remove that completely hideous surround piece.  It is very architecturally incorrect and ugly.  Add stone work to meet the perimeter of the insert.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Football is a cruel mistress. You are being drawn by the allure of new and different, excited by playing with fire.   You'll get found out and spanked soon. 

Overall the Watford result is the most upsetting.  An irredeemable bunch of cloggers.

Palace could/should/would have - but didn't and lets trust that 3 'nice but not quite' is it and we find that final 1% of professionalism soon.  Away to Man City is probably too soon, though. 
    I guess I could construe your weekly offerings of prose as the work of the debbil as they serve  to draw me in. What responsibility do you own?

On another note I was 1 for 2 on my Sunday predictions.  Man U’s defense is as bad as I feared.  On the other hand, West Ham is better - or Tottenham are worse - than I thought.  

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

Remove that completely hideous surround piece.  It is very architecturally incorrect and ugly.  Add stone work to meet the perimeter of the insert.
    But I like having something to taunt my guests with. You’ll have to come by sometime. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Roasted a pile of beets for salad and freezing

Have been sharing a tel tru dome gauge between XL and L (seldom fire up both eggs at the same time since I also have two Traegers)... found this foolproof meat thermometer in my junk collection and calibrated it as the egg was cooling down. It has same diameter as the teltru so no drilling needed. Emailed this to myself for future reference. 

canuckland
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Made some deep fried chili dogs on Brioche Buns for dinner.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Better?…..

I’m sure the squirrel approves.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    Better?…..

You seem to be a very dapper fella.  Stone, Art, Wood, baseboards, nice thresholds, accent walls.  All very nice.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I guess I could construe your weekly offerings of prose as the work of the debbil as they serve  to draw me in. What responsibility do you own?

On another note I was 1 for 2 on my Sunday predictions.  Man U’s defense is as bad as I feared.  On the other hand, West Ham is better - or Tottenham are worse - than I thought.  
    Consider me your beacon of caution. I am not even the ex-con who tries to tell you that crime don't pay because I haven't got as far as acknowledging my crime yet.