Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options

506 hp at the wheels, estimate 600 hp crank.

APR tune?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Rolls SUV, I think. They have a royal blue one as well. Rick James daughter.
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    Learn something new every day here.  I had no clue that Rolls Royce manufactured a SUV.  Given it's a Rolls, it seems about 2-3 meters too short.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited October 2021
    Options

the rolls royce offroad navigational system doesnt seem to be working or do they always park like that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    edited October 2021
    Options
    billt01 said:

506 hp at the wheels, estimate 600 hp crank.

APR tune?
    Eurocharged, custom tune, on dyno. 91 stage 1, 94 stage 2, E30 stage 2 unoptimized timing, E30 stage 2 optimized timing.

I also did a dyno last year, before I moved to 94 stage 2 ... stock on 91 pump (but with my full bolt on intake and exhaust) made 375 hp at wheels.  We figure the larger intake and free flow exhaust added around 30 to 35 hp.  So we figure bare stock would be around 340 hp (wheels) for this car.  Compare that to the advertised crank hp of 405 ... I'm losing 16% from crank to wheels due to AWD. 

So that's how we figure 505 hp at wheels is just over 600 hp crank (add 16% loss back).  

Anyhow, the E30 tune increases power by 50% ... this car is a beast now given that power and torque. Looking to make high 10s at the strip on Friday (full weight).  I know there's much faster cars ... but that at least puts me in respectable territory.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    Is that high 10s for 0-60 or quarter mile?  Or some metric BS?
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I hope this is a joke; no judgement implied. 🙃

A 10s 0-60 Audi….

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    If he’s at the strip it’s 1/4 mile
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations thank you, but I’ll do the judging around here.

and the jokes.

I drive a 1982 LeBaron.  Convertible.  I don’t know from racing.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options

and the jokes.

Any pics?  Love those K-Body cars.

"Your door is ajar" computer voice and all!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2021
    Options

and the jokes.

To give you an idea, even domestic, relatively cheap, completely stock, street-destined muscle cars are hitting the 4s mark these days. Been pretty incredible to watch advancements in acceleration over the last few decades. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

the rolls royce offroad navigational system doesnt seem to be working or do they always park like that
    Haha they were pulling up to their gate but there was a delivery truck in their way. 

Frank- it is a beautiful ride. Much larger than it looks in the picture but it is shorter than the typical Rolls. Next time I see the royal blue one I’ll try and grab a picture. From the front it looks really nice. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    Options
    I'm quite sure the 4's quoted above are for 0-60 mph and internal combustion powered cars.  But this would not be the first time I have missed the mark...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Haha they were pulling up to their gate but there was a delivery truck in their way. 

Frank- it is a beautiful ride. Much larger than it looks in the picture but it is shorter than the typical Rolls. Next time I see the royal blue one I’ll try and grab a picture. From the front it looks really nice. 
    I prefer the Bentley SUV, but wouldn't turn the Rolls down.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    You high rollers and on a Wednesday night...all in good fun.   =)
  • PeteSliver
    Options

and the jokes.

Any pics?  Love those K-Body cars.

"Your door is ajar" computer voice and all!
    Now why would I take a picture of my own car?    Who does that?
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Haha, high 10's for quarter mile. The 0-60 should be 3 seconds or just below that. I'm hoping for a 0 to 60 of 2.9 s.
  • fishlessman
    Options

so i could blow the doors off that with a 6000 pound cement blocked shaped rover
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Haha, high 10's for quarter mile. The 0-60 should be 3 seconds or just below that. I'm hoping for a 0 to 60 of 2.9 s.
    What gearbox is in it? I guess not manual for a 2.9 second 0-60.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    edited October 2021
    Options
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    Options

so i could blow the doors off that with a 6000 pound cement blocked shaped rover
    Very true.  The harder thing would be getting both the Rover and DeLorean working long enough to race.

so far im still knocking on that black lacquered grand piano wood trim =)  right now theres a tyre pressure sensor not always functioning, first problem in two years. i did replace the third brake light two years ago so.....maybe the race is off. i did notice that cornering up near 150 is a little iffy during the first wave of covid so maybe that delorian has a leg up
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    NSX

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Eoin said:
    No, it's a double clutch system ... instant changes. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    No, it's a double clutch system ... instant changes. 
    How does the DCT handle the power?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Saw a Rivian in the wild this evening. Guy was flying and it was dark, got best pics I could (passenger took them).  In person the truck is very underwhelming, but the headlights are sweet.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I know it’s not that crazy of a car but the fact he left it running and unattended at the local ace…

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL