Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.
    I was going to guess it had something to do with the Colts game last night…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.
    I probably need a CPAP, going to get a sleep study done.

However, I just got an ergonomic pillow and three days in, SWMBO has said that I'm not snoring or doing the apnea thing at all now.  Also I feel much better in the morning.

I have a similar pillow.  I call it my nightmare pillow.  First few times I used it I had wicked nightmares.  I attribute it to actually sleeping deep enough to dream.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Guess I was the only one picturing latex, clamps and a woman of a certain age expanding @ColtsFan’s mind. 😂
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @ColtsFan if that doesn’t work, aquaphor and neosporin when it gets really bad.
  • ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

I have the nasal pillow mask.  It bothers my nostrils the first couple of days when I replace it.  Then all is could.  I couldn't imagine not having my machine.  Sleep so much better now.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

I probably need a CPAP, going to get a sleep study done.

However, I just got an ergonomic pillow and three days in, SWMBO has said that I'm not snoring or doing the apnea thing at all now.  Also I feel much better in the morning.

I have a similar pillow.  Spent years trying to get decent sleep using rolled up towels to get the height / neck support right. These are great, I even have a 'travel' pillow I cut down to the minimum size possible for transport. Just packed it into my overnight bag for a stay away tomorrow night.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Thermoworks has the MK4 on sale (limited colors) for $69.  Since my MK4 has been lost for about a year I bought a yellow (2.18394 second) one and the glow-in-the-dark silicone case/sex toy with magnets. 

They came out with the Thermapen One, which is advertised as a 1 second read.  I have the feeling they're going to discontinue the MK4 and they're just starting to unload old stock/materials.
    Thermoworks has the MK4 on sale (limited colors) for $69.  Since my MK4 has been lost for about a year I bought a yellow (2.18394 second) one and the glow-in-the-dark silicone case/sex toy with magnets. 

They came out with the Thermapen One, which is advertised as a 1 second read.  I have the feeling they're going to discontinue the MK4 and they're just starting to unload old stock/materials.
    Thank you for the heads up.  Mine is on the fritz, so a backup is on the way.  Really wanted British Racing Green, but settled for yellow.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • After much mattress shopping (and a prior, refundable deposit on a Tempur-pedic), we have finally settled on a mattress. First one we’ve ever purchased, as the one we’re currently sleeping on is easily as old as I am and was handed down to us years and years ago. Predictably, wifey’s favourite was a locally made, high end model. Let’s hope it helps her pain. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    for a good nights sleep, just buy a mypillow
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Tired of buying an 60$ ink cartridge every time I need to print something
    I bought the 8690 recently as I need the scanning capability.  Previous all in one way a basic HP and chewed through ink.
    Having read all the reviews I gave the connectivity issue little thought, then lo and behold - it doesn't play nicely with the MBA on the scanning function.  The iPrint workaround works though.  Not rid the fax, yet.  Anyone got a fax?

Great printer chat guys.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • I used to know a guy who could fax. I am not sure if it is still required but I haven’t had a land line since 2003.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• When someone asks me to scan a document and email it I ask if I can just take a picture with my phone and email, usually works.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• If I was going to ask someone on this forum to fax something for me i would bet @fishlessman would have the ability. @rrp may still have one plugged in.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    When someone asks me to scan a document and email it I ask if I can just take a picture with my phone and email, usually works.
    Adobe scan app is great for this. It detects the edges of the document and gives you the ability to save as a pdf.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    If I was going to ask someone on this forum to fax something for me i would bet @fishlessman would have the ability. @rrp may still have one plugged in.

just put a new fax in a couple weeks ago.  seems my trade is all old people now, something scanned and emailed just infuriates them.  so sometimes i fill out a fax cover sheet with a sketch, take a quick pic and email the fax
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    CPFC1905 said:

Tired of buying an 60$ ink cartridge every time I need to print something
    I bought the 8690 recently as I need the scanning capability.  Previous all in one way a basic HP and chewed through ink.
    Having read all the reviews I gave the connectivity issue little thought, then lo and behold - it doesn't play nicely with the MBA on the scanning function.  The iPrint workaround works though.  Not rid the fax, yet.  Anyone got a fax?

Great printer chat guys.  
    SWMBO still maintains our fax, which uses an ink transfer ribbon and is connected to a land line (however, that's VOIP, but really, they all are at some point).

edited October 2021
    ColtsFan said:
    When someone asks me to scan a document and email it I ask if I can just take a picture with my phone and email, usually works.
    Adobe scan app is great for this. It detects the edges of the document and gives you the ability to save as a pdf.
    On iPhones, since iOS 14 its built-in.  Go to the Files app, hit the ellipses (...), then "Scan Document", similar to the Adobe app.  It even corrects perspective, pretty cool.

Wish I'd known about it when I was closing out Mom's estate; would've saved me a bunch of trips to Office-R-Us.   :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    On iPhones, since iOS 14 its built-in.  Go to the Files app, hit the ellipses (...), then "Scan Document", similar to the Adobe app.  It even corrects perspective, pretty cool.

Wish I'd known about it when I was closing out Mom's estate; would've saved me a bunch of trips to Office-R-Us.   :|
    Learn something new every day. Thanks for the advice.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the advice.
    Just create a Note, pick the camera icon and choose a can.  Syncs to your Mac and/or export as pdf later.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

I have the nasal pillow mask.  It bothers my nostrils the first couple of days when I replace it.  Then all is could.  I couldn't imagine not having my machine.  Sleep so much better now.
    Neither can I. My wife is on a waiting list for a CPAP, damn chip shortage is causing a large back order 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Been a month and half without my truck. Waiting on a new transmission from Chevy. Supply train is on the struggle bus. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Reversible short/long nap, silk edge, different color from any others I have.  Hoping this keeps them in my "dedicated for auto use" stash.  Someone keeps robbing that stash, so good time to replenish.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    RyanStl said:
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

Neither can I. My wife is on a waiting list for a CPAP, damn chip shortage is causing a large back order 
    @RyanStl Problem is not the chip shortage, it is a recall on pretty much all Philips models because of VOC released by the noise insulation foam they used.  I dont know what their market share was but I’d bet it was nearly 80% based on the ones I’ve seen sold here.  I can’t sleep without mine so I am still using it and waiting to hear back from them about how they are going to fix this.

paqman said:
    RyanStl said:
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

@RyanStl Problem is not the chip shortage, it is a recall on pretty much all Philips models because of VOC released by the noise insulation foam they used.  I dont know what their market share was but I’d bet it was nearly 80% based on the ones I’ve seen sold here.  I can’t sleep without mine so I am still using it and waiting to hear back from them about how they are going to fix this.
    @paqman if you registered for the recall with philips, you’ll get a new one.  I’ve already received mine and they give you a box and label to return the one being replaced.  New one has much bigger footprint, I’m not happy about that, but it is what it is.

btw, I don’t think it’s a VOC issue, the foam breaks down under certain conditions (certain cleaners, etc) and so it’s a small particulate issue.  You can order inline filters that fit between the machine and the hose and that will trap any particles shed in the meantime.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    paqman said:
    paqman said:
    Sensors to add my humidor to Homekit 🤣😂

What are you running, @paqman? Show us your box! 😂
    The humidor is just a plain humidor, nothing fancy.  I replaced the hygrometer with this sensor and I am waiting for another one (without a display and half the size) to be delivered.  I basically created a room in HomeKit for the humidor.  It is too bad sensors are not shown separately (values are the average of all sensors in the room) because I have two so I will have to create a second room when the new sensors come in.
    @GrateEggspectations This is what the smaller sensor (without the display) looks like

edited October 2021
    paqman said:
    RyanStl said:
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    No running here B)

Do they make Resmed, that's what I have.

Edit: my own search says no they don't.  I'm assuming this why the Resmeds aren't in stock. 
  • nolaegghead
    That was quick.
    That was quick.
    That’s what she said 
  • That was quick.
    Good call on the prophylactic.