Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Cheesesteak EGG Rolls

Options
Smokin_Joe_GA
Smokin_Joe_GA Posts: 3
edited October 2021 in Appetizers
I tried this recipe for the first time, and it turned out pretty good -

https://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/philly-cheesesteak-egg-rolls/

I made a couple of deviations from original recipe; 1) I used regular boneless ribeye steak instead of Wagyu steak because that's what's available at Food Lion and I didn't want to experiment with expensive meat, 2) I used an orange bell pepper instead of a green bell pepper because that's what we had in the refrigerator, 3) I left out the mushroom because I don't care for mushrooms, and 4) I used Provolone cheese instead of white American cheese, because that's the way I wanted it. Don't bother with the comments about how this recipe isn't real authentic Philly cheesesteak - it tasted good and I was happy with it.

I got the grill and cast iron skillet preheated to between 400- and 450-degrees, started cooking the pepper, then added the onion, then added the steak, and then melted the cheese over it all. It was a bit difficult to hold the grill temperature steady because this recipe involves a lot of adding and stirring of ingredients. My Lodge leather cooking gloves came in handy. I might reconsider adding the cheese so early next time, because it turned the skillet into a cheesy sticky mess.

Next the cooked cheesesteak mixture went into the egg roll wrappers. Thank goodness my wife knew how to roll these up correctly - I would have messed them up doing it myself.

After cleaning the cheese out of the skillet, I added some oil and then back onto the grill to brown the egg rolls.

They turned out pretty good. This is definitely a recipe I'll make again.

Comments