Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Show Me Your Art

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Givengold3: Very cool. That’s some impressive detail. How did you get into it?

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options

You need a torque screwdriver  ;) 

canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Most commissioned art the artist comes and makes sure it’s hung properly. Right spot, securely, lit properly.
    I entered a photo of a bee on a flower in an Air Force photo contest, when I went back to look at all the entries, mine was hung upside-down.  I corrected the situation, and it ended up taking 2nd place in the nature category.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

The intent of your comment escapes me. Perhaps I need more caffeine. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Botch said
    I entered a photo of a bee on a flower in an Air Force photo contest, when I went back to look at all the entries, mine was hung upside down
    OMFG
    Botch said
     I corrected the situation, and it ended up taking 2nd place in the nature category.  

That’s pretty great. What a literal turn-around. 

At my first exhibition (one piece per artist), my work was hung over in a corner near the toilets. Hahaha

• PigBeanUs
    edited October 2021
    Options

Only comment i have re tools and such is that one or two of the screws on your light switch cover are not vertical. Get on it. 

Art is pretty cool too
  • Canugghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Only comment i have re tools and such is that one or two of the screws on your light switch cover are not vertical. Get on it. 

Art is pretty cool too
    Nailed it, or should I say screwed it? Most or all of those screws are too tight or too loose, amirite?
    canuckland
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Nah. You don’t want them tightened to the same amount, with the screws randomly pointing every which way. 

Gotta have them all vertical (or all horizontal). 

Now. That remote control slapped on the wall certainly detracts from the art. That remote’s gotta come down 
  • PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

No.  That is architecturally incorrect.  The screws need to be  aligned in the horizontal plane on multi-gang plates.  You are welcome.
  • Botch
    Options
    Geez, I thought I was OCD...   :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Options
    You guys are over caffienated. 
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Most commissioned art the artist comes and makes sure it’s hung properly. Right spot, securely, lit properly.
    I entered a photo of a bee on a flower in an Air Force photo contest, when I went back to look at all the entries, mine was hung upside-down.  I corrected the situation, and it ended up taking 2nd place in the nature category.  
    Did all the photos follow the force of air theme, like the wings on your bee?
    PigBeanUs said:
    Botch said
    I entered a photo of a bee on a flower in an Air Force photo contest, when I went back to look at all the entries, mine was hung upside down
    OMFG
    Botch said
     I corrected the situation, and it ended up taking 2nd place in the nature category.  

That’s pretty great. What a literal turn-around. 

At my first exhibition (one piece per artist), my work was hung over in a corner near the toilets. Hahaha

At least your piece got some frequent exposure to all the men with benign prostatic hyperplasia, whose demographic actually purchase more art than average.

PigBeanUs said:
    Nah. You don’t want them tightened to the same amount, with the screws randomly pointing every which way. 

Gotta have them all vertical (or all horizontal). 

Now. That remote control slapped on the wall certainly detracts from the art. That remote’s gotta come down 
    I hear you, but I can’t take my chances having the remote within reach of the savages. 

So, are you going to make with a few pieces of your art, or what? Crappy pieces (ones hung by the WC) need not apply). 😉 Seriously, would love to see them. PM if you must. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Options
    My mom’s sister was married to a RAF pilot back in the 50s she moved there and she did some brass rubbing off the tombstone’s of historical figures. Story for the flash of my piece of sight I Phone.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

No.  That is architecturally incorrect.  The screws need to be  aligned in the horizontal plane on multi-gang plates.  You are welcome.
    This is what you guys were complaining about?!

Some of y’all have got way too much time on your hands. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

LOL, this from the guy who started threads on exotic cars and artwork … on a barbecue forum.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,266
    edited October 2021
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

LOL, this from the guy who started threads on exotic cars and artwork … on a barbecue forum.
    One can only handle so many posts about brisket, pulled pork and 1/2” steaks, John. 

(Edit: And I’ll have you know that this is my only “social media.” Not a Twitbook nor a Facester to be seen on my end.)
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

Bottom row was not a coincidence…. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Switches are hard.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    None of that OCD sheet is turning me on in any way.
    Switches are hard.
    Switches get stitches?  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Art is pretty cool too

One can only handle so many posts about brisket, pulled pork and 1/2” steaks, John. 

(Edit: And I’ll have you know that this is my only “social media.” Not a Twitbook nor a Facester to be seen on my end.)
    Hey man, just because you can't multi-task, don't take it out on the rest of us who can.  I multi-task like a world champion. 

It's either that or I have ADD.  What's that over there?  Squirrel!
  • Botch
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:

GAAH, this is even worse!  Obviously the #2 screw along the top is over-torqued, as it's distorting the cover plate (note the reflection) and soon will develop a stress crack, have to be replaced, tossed into the ocean, and then we all get plastic poisoning from seafood!  GAAH!  
    (and someone did some pretty fahncy photo editing; the black remote is properly pixellated but the purty plastic plate is pristine)

• Canugghead
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Takes one to notice one  :)

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options

Thank you!  After that ghastly situation at @GrateEggspectations house, I am thankful some people still take pride in electrical plates.  Hopefully you have also placed your electrical receptacles.in the proper orientation with the ground pin at top.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Options

Thank you!  After that ghastly situation at @GrateEggspectations house, I am thankful some people still take pride in electrical plates.  Hopefully you have also placed your electrical receptacles.in the proper orientation with the ground pin at top.
    Nope, it’s called ground for a reason.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Better?

I just died a little inside.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Ground pin at top is safer.  If the plug is not all the way in and something slide between the plug and wall it would just roll off and not arc.  If you have ground at bottom, chances are good it will hit both prongs and rest there causing an arc and fire.  Imagine commercial buildings with old school metal labels.  After decades the adhesive begins to fail and the labels slide off.  With improperly seated plug, these labels arc between the prongs and cause fires when they slide off.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Ground pin at top is safer.  If the plug is not all the way in and something slide between the plug and wall it would just roll off and not arc.  If you have ground at bottom, chances are good it will hit both prongs and rest there causing an arc and fire.  Imagine commercial buildings with old school metal labels.  After decades the adhesive begins to fail and the labels slide off.  With improperly seated plug, these labels arc between the prongs and cause fires when they slide off.
    Weird I have NEVER seen someone install a plug with the ground at the top. So all these electricians who should know that have been installing all these plugs incorrectly for decades?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.