Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Show Me Your Art

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Had a friend paint these of our dogs for my wife’s birthday.  Wanted a touch of pop culture flair and I think she nailed it.  
    Those are so cool!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

New piece from an artist who just moved into the area. I am apparently the first sale in this city. Upon delivery, I noticed she hadn’t signed the piece and handed her a sharpie to do so. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    My buddy makes cool lights and hoods for restaurants…he hand paints all of the signs for the hoods    A lot of his lights are images from around our hometown.  I’m always amazed when I see his work, and am proud that he is doing what he loves   

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• DavidCrumpton
    Options

I did the design and Carman Allan did the rest. Nothing fits like a custom pair of handmade boots. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

I did the design and Carman Allan did the rest. Nothing fits like a custom pair of handmade boots. 
    Slick AF. 
  • DavidCrumpton
    DavidCrumpton Posts: 198
    edited August 2021
    Options

Kempter Kustoms weld up the receiver cover and I painted. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    It’s kind of art, I guess.  My wife wanted a feature wall, and I thought, “I can do that.”

This thread is great, by the way. 

Looks extremely cool, but just what are we lookin’ at here?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @DavidCrumpton - that is an impressive skill set.  Thanks for sharing.
    @ryantt - Great work right there.
    @GrateEggspectations - sweet piece and great move to get the signature.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Wonder if people get grossed out over what I really do for art? Before and after pics of smiles. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Wonder if people get grossed out over what I really do for art? Before and after pics of smiles. 
    Skills are skills.  Besides I am a retired submarine sailor so the gross out threshold is well up there.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Skills are skills.  Besides I am a retired submarine sailor so the gross out threshold is well up there.   B)
    Ahhhh! When the kitchen freezer is the morgue. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    Fortunately never had to roll out the body bag(s) for that event.  But yes, the skill set was there.  
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options

Bunch of teeth had to go. 
    A bunch of implants were placed. 5 hrs of surgery. 
    And a new smile created. 
    Yes I have patient permission to share. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    DavidCrumpton said:
    And a new smile created. 
    @DavidCrumpton, a question, if I may. 
    I've had two teeth replaced with implants, at separate times.  Once the bad tooth was extracted, and allowed to heal (many months) a threaded socket was then screwed into my jaw bone, and allowed to heal (many more months); finally, a new tooth was bolted to the socket, and I heard the familiar "thread-ratchet-thread-ratchet" sound, and finally he slowed down and I felt/heard a "click"; when he pulled out of my mouth I asked, "Was that a torque wrench??"   It was!  
    And yet, in the ads on TV now, and it sounds like from your story too, that can all be done in one day; is that true, and if so, how?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch - perhaps a PM would work here...Just sayin'.  
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Botch said:
    DavidCrumpton said:
    And a new smile created. 
    @DavidCrumpton, a question, if I may. 
    I've had two teeth replaced with implants, at separate times.  Once the bad tooth was extracted, and allowed to heal (many months) a threaded socket was then screwed into my jaw bone, and allowed to heal (many more months); finally, a new tooth was bolted to the socket, and I heard the familiar "thread-ratchet-thread-ratchet" sound, and finally he slowed down and I felt/heard a "click"; when he pulled out of my mouth I asked, "Was that a torque wrench??"   It was!  
    And yet, in the ads on TV now, and it sounds like from your story too, that can all be done in one day; is that true, and if so, how?  

Well it can be done in one day(all the surgery). “
    The ads are miss leading. It doesn’t mean you will be finished product that day. Those ads require the patient to be in some sort of temp as things heal and then the final restorations can be placed. 4-6 months later. 
    The system I do is done in one day(all the surgery), temp placed and final done in 8 weeks. This system places more implants than those guys. Splinting more together means they can be loaded sooner. Also, if one implant fails then you have 4-5 others to fall back in to hold the final. And costs less even though you provide more. 
    Everyone I work for when doing these cases are educated that it will take 8-10 weeks. And, unfortunately I have to tell some people that their case may take the traditional path of 4-6. Everything boils down to the health of each patients bone. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Thanks David, that makes sense.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Another neighbour had this guy commissioned by a local, well-known artist. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Is it Canada?
    Are you asking if the blob in the middle is a physical representation of the country? I don’t know. If so, there are a lot of missing bits. When you get up close, it’s mixed media with some photos and new clippings embedded. Huge canvasses - so in that way, it is a good physical representation of our nation. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    Is it Canada?
    Are you asking if the blob in the middle is a physical representation of the country? I don’t know. If so, there are a lot of missing bits. When you get up close, it’s mixed media with some photos and new clippings embedded. Huge canvasses - so in that way, it is a good physical representation of our nation. 
    Yes, clearly not a map, but wondered if it was meant to be an artistic rendering of the country.  Maybe not.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    Is it Canada?
    Yes, clearly not a map, but wondered if it was meant to be an artistic rendering of the country.  Maybe not.
    Not sure. Very well could be. I’ll have to get the backstory. Funnily, we didn’t talk about the why. Too many kids running about for good conversation, but still a great time. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Most commissioned art the artist comes and makes sure it’s hung properly. Right spot, securely, lit properly. 

They should ask for a discount of at least 15%!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Most commissioned art the artist comes and makes sure it’s hung properly. Right spot, securely, lit properly. 

They should ask for a discount of at least 15%!

Unfortunately no discount called for - he’s coming back later this week to hang it. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited October 2021
    Options
    He better, or some sh!t better go down. 

Shouldna unwrapped it though. 

The people who commissioned it should get the full treatment. 

Go out to dinner and come back, find it installed and see it for the first time. 

Great story about Pollock and Peggy G when she walked in and saw it (she hated it, and yet now it’s worth $200 million)
  • Givengold3
    Options
    My day job.
    Concord, CA