Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Shipping is very reasonable
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Wolfpack said:
    Shipping is very reasonable
    I had a $500 gift card, so that covers shipping.  I still need to get them installed on my end.  That is just drop shipped, but I have installed a lot of appliances over the years, so I am not to worried.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ordering some new appliances.  Was going Bluestar until I saw these beauties 

I feel seen.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Botch said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    What caused you to have one eye closed shut and the other crying in the first place?  
    I can't speak for eyes, but it may have to do with your dominant hand.
    Right about 1988 in Albuquerque, my buddy and I split a bushel of freshly-roasted Hatch chile, and we peeled the whole bunch and divided them into bags, for the freezer.  It took several hours (we were clueless gringos) and I had to take a leak.
    Scream.  Vigorous Dance.  And finally a jump into the shower, fully-clothed.  I know both hands were stinging at that point, but I know my dominant hand is employed during a piss (sorry, TMI).  
    My buddy laughed his ass off; at least, until he rubbed his eye, then I got to laugh a bit.  Don't remember which eye, or which hand, but I bet it has something to do with your dominant hand.  

I've heard blowing on it by someone of the opposite gender will make it feel better.
  • Saw this at Costco today…….

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    To congratulate my wife on her new job that comes with a modest raise, I did what every loving husband would and bought myself this. 

It’s also for work, so tax write off?

Nice stick, Sig definitely stepped up their game lately. Have a Romeo 5 on an MPX sub gun, love it for the price point
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    To congratulate my wife on her new job that comes with a modest raise, I did what every loving husband would and bought myself this. 

Do you actually have to shoot a perp with it for it to be a tax write off?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Ordering some new appliances.  Was going Bluestar until I saw these beauties 

SMEG make designer looking fridges. A friend had one. Open the door and it was a cheap and nasty fridge with a fancy casing added.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Eoin said:

How ignorant. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    ColbyLang said:

Nice stick, Sig definitely stepped up their game lately. Have a Romeo 5 on an MPX sub gun, love it for the price point
    I also have the Romeo 5 paired with a Juliette 6x on a Ruger 300 BO .

I didn't swing for the nicer rifle, but its a nice little setup for killing pigs
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Eoin said:

How ignorant. 
    I'm guessing around Vegas, taking out one of the local coyotes roaming the streets outside the Luxor probably counts, right?  

j/k
  • You could write it off if you are a contract security or something in your spare time
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Eoin said:
    Ordering some new appliances.  Was going Bluestar until I saw these beauties 

SMEG make designer looking fridges. A friend had one. Open the door and it was a cheap and nasty fridge with a fancy casing added.
    Don't disagree - but mine has been rock solid for 13 years.   No-one as astonished as me....
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn
    billt01 said:
    ColbyLang said:

I also have the Romeo 5 paired with a Juliette 6x on a Ruger 300 BO .

I didn't swing for the nicer rifle, but its a nice little setup for killing pigs
    This came with everything out of the box. Felt like I got a pretty good deal on it. Only thing I’m going to add is a light and some irons. I will probably add a magnifier in the future, but we are only allowed Eotech or Aimpoint. Excited to get it to the range next week. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Eoin said:

How ignorant. 
    I'm guessing around Vegas, taking out one of the local coyotes roaming the streets outside the Luxor probably counts, right?  

j/k

We have been getting more and more mountain lions in the city. Luckily Department of Wildlife comes to take care of those. 

We do have a fair amount of coyotes were I live. The golf course provide ample bunnies for them to chase after. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt said:
    I'm not sure yet, but I just won $10,000 at work. They're doing weekly lottery drawings for all vaccinated employees through the month of October.  That just paid for my Shirley smoker. 

:) 
    Awesome.  Happy Friday man!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    I'm not sure yet, but I just won $10,000 at work. They're doing weekly lottery drawings for all vaccinated employees through the month of October.  That just paid for my Shirley smoker. 

Twas fate it Twas

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    SonVolt said:

Nice!  I got socks.  I like your prize more.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    SonVolt said:

I'm not sure what you're not sure about... but better to be lucky than good.  Your company is making a major investment in the incentives program.  
    Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    paqman said:
    Purchased a couple of Eufy wireless/battery powered cameras that are supposed to last a year on battery and that I was hoping would actually last 3 months. The one facing the parking/street already lost 30% after 2 weeks (many cars passing by = more events to process) so I installed a solar panel for that one.  I did not want to drill holes in the siding so I used vinyl siding anchors that were easier than expected to install and feel surprisingly sturdy.  The charge went from 70% to 79% in a day so that’s promising.

I just recently put the Google one on the front of my house. With that one you can specify the “zone” in which it processes. This way you can have it not notify you of every passing car which leads to better battery life. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited October 2021
    Just bought into a deep discount promo with DirecTV and ebay.  Cut the monthly charges by $50/month for two years.  Not wired to ebay. 
    But in the end-game I am all in with al-a carte pricing.  Hopefully someday we will get there.  My viewing habits are news and live sports-syndicated shows don't have a pulse here.  Being old does that for you!  One of the few senior benes besides getting the booster juice.   B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Edit:  no programming changes.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    kl8ton said:
    Lit said:
    Ended up just getting it all.
    I'll be interested to hear how you like it.  Made in the USA, correct?  I have a Solo Stove (the bonfire size) and would like a larger one for the house.  I may just keep the Solo Stove in the camper.  I am ASSuming they operate in the same way.

Sidenote: I am tired of explaining to passersby that until the fire is mature/fully engaged, yes it smokes.  
    This thing is really nice. Had it burning clean in 5 minutes after one round of lighter fluid. Just added first larger pieces and no smoke at all. Did some jiffy pop for the kids which was pretty cool.