Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I just had a stupid accident.  I was trying my son's VR setup and ran into a bookcase.  Kids were watching me.  They thought I was hilarious. VR is pretty fun.   I was needing to get a gun from across the room and asked how much space in reality I had.  I was told plenty.  I smashed my face into built in bookshelves.  A cut almost through my face above my lip.  I was cleaning up my blood. I blacked out.  Kids freaking out.  My ears are ringing.  Face hurts.  Won't stop bleeding.  Wish I had a cooler story to go with this injury. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Doing a little organizing with a label printer...
    One of those drawers looks like it contains props of a weird fetish. Must be the screw and nut drivers. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I can't find my label printer. organizing has ceased 
    A Picked up a Brother labeler for 20 bucks at Costco.  5 pack of assorted label cassettes (generic brand) is about 12 bucks.
    Options
    SGH said:
    Check out the price of this fire ring. It must be marketed towards folks like Ron. 

Inflation good buddy, inflation.  That was only $34.99 in November 2019.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I just had a stupid accident.  I was trying my son's VR setup and ran into a bookcase.  Kids were watching me.  They thought I was hilarious. VR is pretty fun.   I was needing to get a gun from across the room and asked how much space in reality I had.  I was told plenty.  I smashed my face into built in bookshelves.  A cut almost through my face above my lip.  I was cleaning up my blood. I blacked out.  Kids freaking out.  My ears are ringing.  Face hurts.  Won't stop bleeding.  Wish I had a cooler story to go with this injury. 
    That is hilariously tragic.  Sorry about the injury part.  Kids need a good beating for the misdirection  ;)
    Options
    You need to find out which kids had their phones out and filmed it.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Just tell them you were in a gunfight and dove for your gun.  Leave out the VR stuff and it will be cool.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Enjoying 4 Roses and practicing another hobby.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Enjoying that Lil ol’ band from Texas. 

At 6 in the morning?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Enjoying that Lil ol’ band from Texas. 

At 6 in the morning?
    Also, I thought one of them (Dusty Hill) had passed. Is this a sub?
  • kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I can't find my label printer. organizing has ceased 
    A Picked up a Brother labeler for 20 bucks at Costco.  5 pack of assorted label cassettes (generic brand) is about 12 bucks.
    I have 3 label makers.  For the love, where are they.  

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options

It's like I have a small second mouth above my original. Feeling decent this morning.  Glad it hit where it did.  An inch higher and my already huge hereditary nose would have been the victim.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @kl8ton - ouch man that hurts me just looking at it!  Looks like you took one in the face pretty good.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Options
    kl8ton said:

It's like I have a small second mouth above my original. Feeling decent this morning.  Glad it hit where it did.  An inch higher and my already huge hereditary nose would have been the victim.  
    I have a scar in the same place, that looks nearly identical to your cut. Mine happened in high school when I was working at Pizza Hut. Got super hot and began feeling dizzy, on the way back to the office to sit down I passed out and smashed face on a wire rack. It was fun. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I have a scar in the same place, that looks nearly identical to your cut. Mine happened in high school when I was working at Pizza Hut. Got super hot and began feeling dizzy, on the way back to the office to sit down I passed out and smashed face on a wire rack. It was fun. 
    I clicked "like" because there isn't an "Oh that sucks" button.  I guess I could have just flagged you.  ;-) 

Stay safe out there!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:

VR wasn't so safe after all.  That looks very painful.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You might get confused with Joaquin Phoenix now
    kl8ton said:

VR wasn't so safe after all.  That looks very painful.
    He's going to have tocome up with a better story to tell the guys, maybe something Chuck Norris level. "There were (rioters that you oppose)trying to rob these nuns. I managed to run them off but not before one tagged me with a broken beer bottle."
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Bro, that needs stitches.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Battleborn
    Options
    It’s my son’s 18th birthday and he gets to pick dinner. Instead of going with his normal hot dogs or burgers, he came out of left field with wanting pork chops. 

Got up and made a brine and left the pot on the stove to cool. Came back from the store and realized my MIL had dumped the brine to wash the pot. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Guess I’m making another brine now. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Mark_B_Good
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Next time, just listen to your wife, would ya?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    It’s my son’s 18th birthday and he gets to pick dinner. Instead of going with his normal hot dogs or burgers, he came out of left field with wanting pork chops. 

Got up and made a brine and left the pot on the stove to cool. Came back from the store and realized my MIL had dumped the brine to wash the pot. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Guess I’m making another brine now. 
    At least it’s pretty simple to put together. Or you could repurpose a near-empty jar of pickles or other pickled veggies. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Can’t complain about my lunch hour today. Work has been intense, but I made some time for a proper lunch. Just gearing up for some landscaping over the coming days. 

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I can see a near disaster if you get confused reaching for something in the top left drawer. Looking for your fleshlight and grabbing a .357 could lead to trouble.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yno said:
    I can see a near disaster if you get confused reaching for something in the top left drawer. Looking for your fleshlight and grabbing a .357 could lead to trouble.
    or the other way around...

Options
    Yno said:
    The screw and nut drivers don't go in the dildo drawer?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Just got my flu shot.

I will probably get hit by a bus tomorrow.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Got my booster scheduled , not sure if its needed but I will take my chances 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian