Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• I think its @thetrim in the shadows flagging, especially all the Navy guys.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Gulfcoastguy
    As of right now I have no desire to move to Texas.. especially if they are going to accommodate my schedule like they are proposing. 
    I've visited/toured a few of the areas and can't find a place that "feels like home" 
    One of the biggest issues with me moving- my parents have a working cattle farm and my dad is having some health problems where he Is needing more and more help and I love that place.

Ladyfriend would ultimately move with me but her kid has a few more years in high school and a big move like that would be unfair to him as he is finally fitting in and happy where he is now, and she has a really solid job and all of her extended family is here as well.

She is supportive of me looking for other options even in Texas.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2021
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy
    As of right now I have no desire to move to Texas.. especially if they are going to accommodate my schedule like they are proposing. 
    I've visited/toured a few of the areas and can't find a place that "feels like home" 
    One of the biggest issues with me moving- my parents have a working cattle farm and my dad is having some health problems where he Is needing more and more help and I love that place.

Ladyfriend would ultimately move with me but her kid has a few more years in high school and a big move like that would be unfair to him as he is finally fitting in and happy where he is now, and she has a really solid job and all of her extended family is here as well.

What area of the country are you from? Texas has literally every topography I can think of minus glaciers of course. East Texas is similar to Georgia and South Carolina. Central Texas is like California minus the ocean. North Texas is mostly farmland, south Texas is ocean and west Texas is desert and mountains. Of all of these North Texas where I am is the most boring. One area we don't have an equivalent for is New England. Which sucks in my opinion. But the good news is I can get to all the other places minus west Texas within a few hours drive.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

What area of the country are you from? Texas has literally every topography I can think of minus glaciers of course. East Texas is similar to Georgia and South Carolina. Central Texas is like California minus the ocean. North Texas is mostly farmland, south Texas is ocean and west Texas is desert and mountains. Of all of these North Texas where I am is the most boring. One area we don't have an equivalent for is New England. Which sucks in my opinion. But the good news is I can get to all the other places minus west Texas within a few hours drive.
    You’re high.
  • DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

Okay, just a suggestion and I imagined the kid was younger.
  • Legume
    No income tax in Texas.
  • DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

I grew up in New England, and trust me College Station is just like it, minus the mountains and trees and rivers and educated residents.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Who is the friggin nerd going around flagging every post? Every thread almost every post is flagged. I got flagged for talking about something I cooked on the Egg.....
    Why does it bother you?  Honest question.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    ill take new england, i hear texas is infested with texans =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Who is the friggin nerd going around flagging every post? Every thread almost every post is flagged. I got flagged for talking about something I cooked on the Egg.....
    Because why take the time to do that? Especially for things that are "on topic". They flagged a guy who posted some ribs he cooked on the egg. I ain't gonna lose sleep about it, just an observation.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Who is the friggin nerd going around flagging every post? Every thread almost every post is flagged. I got flagged for talking about something I cooked on the Egg.....
    Because why take the time to do that? Especially for things that are "on topic". They flagged a guy who posted some ribs he cooked on the egg. I ain't gonna lose sleep about it, just an observation.
    My guess is because they are a troll and that’s what they do. I’ve always found it odd that people on this site worry about this ****. If you care goto Facebook. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2021
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

I grew up in New England, and trust me College Station is just like it, minus the mountains and trees and rivers and educated residents.

Sorry I read my own post and realized it could be misconstrued. I'm not saying New England sucks. I'm saying it sucks we don't have a climate and topography like New England anywhere in Texas. I wish we did. It's too friggin hot here.

• ill take new england, i hear texas is infested with texans =)
    Ya I meant it sucks we don't have any areas like New England in Texas. I love the north east.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I don't understand why you are ignoring the great hill country glaciers of west Austin or the resort island of Martha's Vinado outside of Galveston...

• DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

Sorry I read my own post and realized it could be misconstrued. I'm not saying New England sucks. I'm saying it sucks we don't have a climate and topography like New England anywhere in Texas. I wish we did. It's too friggin hot here.
    No worries man.  I actually think I read your post the way that you intended it.  I was mostly making fun of College Station, which is one of (the many) armpits of the state of Texas.  
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

No worries man.  I actually think I read your post the way that you intended it.  I was mostly making fun of College Station, which is one of (the many) armpits of the state of Texas.  
    I'll say it...New England Sucks!  B)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    ColtsFan said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Gulfcoastguy

I'll say it...New England Sucks!  B)

maine....a state that runs on tourism....a state that hates outsiders....gates locked  septemer 6, 2021.   bring us your money next spring, better yet, just send it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume

Yep, no glaciers.
  • Isn't "Texas Tech and alcoholics" a little redundant?
  • @JohnInCarolina you live Durham.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I thought Texas had a bunch of mini-glaciers during ted cruz’s vacation.   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

One of these days I’m going to have to figure out a way to get you back here so I can show you this isn’t some southern hellscape.
    One of these days I’m going to have to figure out a way to get you back here so I can show you this isn’t some southern hellscape.
    I’ll be sure and get some travelers checks. ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    My guess is because they are a troll and that’s what they do. I’ve always found it odd that people on this site worry about this ****. If you care goto Facebook. 
    It's just a bit sad, really. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,870
    edited September 2021
    @JohnInCarolina you live Durham.
    How about this?  If you come down to visit, just to prove to you we’re all not a bunch of low-rent drunks down here in Durham, I’ll pick up the tab for the first six rounds of bourbon.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @JohnInCarolina - Please extend the offer.
    I've got a few local logistical issues that I can sort out and I am quite confident I can make that road trip happen.  But it has to be a decent six rounds spread over at least six hours to be agreed upon prior.  Game on?  =)
    No worries beyond the rounds.  Made that road trip a few times for high-end soccer tournaments so bourbon just elevated the incentive.  
    Just shoot me a PM with the opening venue date/time and address.  
    Sty healthy and safe out there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
    How about this?  If you come down to visit, just to prove to you we’re all not a bunch of low-rent drunks down here in Durham, I’ll pick up the tab for the first six rounds of bourbon.
    Absolutely generous offer sir. 6 rounds of bourbon and you may have to pick me up…. Who are we kidding, what are we going to do after lunch?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Doing a little organizing with a label printer...
    Doing a little organizing with a label printer...
    I can't find my label printer. organizing has ceased 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI