Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859

Look @Eoin - a thumping win for the former colony over another former colony.  Everyone join in " U S A   U S A"   
    Obviously the influence of Prince Harry.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • I didn't even know the US had a cricket team.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    I didn't even know the US had a cricket team.  
    Shame on you John.   There they are toiling away against the mighty PNG and you can’t even spare them a thought.   And you seemed so nice. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Getting ready to do some yardwork.  Which also means sit on the patio with the stereo on and have a beer.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    A previous employer of mine in the Midwest had a cricket club.  I had a good friend who ran one of the teams.  He was recruiting players from our extensive Indian and not so extensive British pool of employees.  I asked him if I could join.. He laughed very boisterously and then calmed down and said No.  They don't let Americans on their team.  He was dead serious.  Said we didn't have the attention span to play nor the intelligence to understand the rules let alone the strategy.  He was serious.  I never got to join.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I didn't even know the US had a cricket team.  
    A previous employer of mine in the Midwest had a cricket club.  I had a good friend who ran one of the teams.  He was recruiting players from our extensive Indian and not so extensive British pool of employees.  I asked him if I could join.. He laughed very boisterously and then calmed down and said No.  They don't let Americans on their team.  He was dead serious.  Said we didn't have the attention span to play nor the intelligence to understand the rules let alone the strategy.  He was serious.  I never got to join.
    Well, but I mean… did you still *want* to join after that explanation?  Lol.

I have to say that we don’t let the British or Indians play in the NHL, NBA, NFL or MLB, so this seems fair.   
  • CPFC1905 said:
    Shame on you John.   There they are toiling away against the mighty PNG and you can’t even spare them a thought.   And you seemed so nice. 
    Not true!  I spared them A thought right after I read your post about them.  I just won’t spare them another… 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,334
    Washing this old thing. 17 years old/190k. Never had an issue with it except a new transmission a couple years ago

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Collected the chassis from Dom's Beetle from the sand blaster. Got it inside and put a coat of weldable etch primer on quick. Hard to tell the difference - grey steel, grey primer.

• CPFC1905
    Well, but I mean… did you still *want* to join after that explanation?  Lol.

I have to say that we don’t let the British or Indians play in the NHL, NBA, NFL or MLB, so this seems fair.   
    It's geometry / biomechanics thing.  You do balls in the air and we do balls below waist height.    More or less.

And @Ozzie_Isaac - that bloke sounds a total c*ck. I hope you spat in his tea? 
  • Yesterday I picked roughly 12lbs of tomatoes, fresh green peppers, onions, all from the garden.  Browned 6lbs of burger of local beef, (my neighbor and I split his angus cows). Made a killer chili in a huge pot. I left it on the stove to cool until about 11pm.  
      This is where I screwed up... I cleaned all the beer out of my kegerator and put the pot of chili in.  When I woke up this morning I probed it and it was at 65 degrees.
      Smart play would have been to chill it in a ice bath or go ahead and bag it, at any rate I had some for lunch, probably fine but kicking my own butt for all the work and not taking it clean through the finish line.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @alaskanassasin - good on you for the upfront post above.  I have hosed many an adventure and had to be reminded the next day.  At least you cleared that hurdle.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    WeberWho said:

Is that a pet or supper?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap said:
    @alaskanassasin - good on you for the upfront post above.  I have hosed many an adventure and had to be reminded the next day.  At least you cleared that hurdle.   B)
    Thanks, I wish I had a excuse other than my own dumbassery. I think I may have done a similar job on a pot of Brunswick stew a year or two ago….
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Watching a heckofa match here - US Open.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:

Is that a pet or supper?

It should be supper but a random duck. Never seen one with a red head. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    WeberWho said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:

Is that a pet or supper?

It's a Muscovy duck. We used to keep them, they're quite a heavy bird, especially the males, so often kept for meat. Prolific layers in season (spring) and nice eggs, but not much use for the rest of the year.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Getting ready for my fantasy football draft.  Time to redeem myself, it's been a rough last few years.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    Better prepped for the challenge this time   :)

canuckland
  • Better prepped for the challenge this time   :)

I don’t know what challenge it is that you are referring to here, but if it is between you and the toilet bowl, I do not care to see the results. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    WeberWho said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:

Is that a pet or supper?

Looks like a no Quack duck.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    edited September 2021

I don’t know what challenge it is that you are referring to here, but if it is between you and the toilet bowl, I do not care to see the results. 
    I thought it was obvious…try wiping your anus umpteen times for 2+ hours with TP; repeat next morning  ;)
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I thought it was obvious…try wiping your anus umpteen times for 2+ hours with TP; repeat next morning  ;)
    My bidet literally saved my a$$ when I went through that.