Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

covid crazy

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    I've heard farmers are really having issues getting a hold of horse and sheep de-wormer.  Not sure what that's about...
    Does this stuff have street value?
    That does legit appear to be what some people are taking, yes.  Only to discover that they mostly end up pooping a lot.  

What a time to be alive.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Mix with a few other ingredients and it might have substantial street value. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I've heard farmers are really having issues getting a hold of horse and sheep de-wormer.  Not sure what that's about...
    Does this stuff have street value?
    That does legit appear to be what some people are taking, yes.  Only to discover that they mostly end up pooping a lot.  

What a time to be alive.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DavidCrumpton
    Options
    I miss George. He made people think. 
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    Options
    I still prefer my Mayo cold. 
    And I don’t understand why guys get neutered when they get married. 
    I would throw down with my wife about putting the mayo up.  I’m tired of being told what to do.
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    I would throw down with my wife about putting the mayo up.  I’m tired of being told what to do.
    Well I can see the sarcasm is strong with this one. 
    Now  go get your nads out of her purse before you do throw down. 😉
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Actually I think it might go clear back to the proverbial chicken and egg question! I mean mayo is made from chicken eggs.  I know for a fact that our BIG Kroger super store has had barely any eggs in stock several times lately! So if chicken wings and other parts are also in short supply maybe they are killing the egg laying chickens to sell for the higher profit meat...hence fewer eggs to make mayo plus fewer chickens driving up the price...supply and demand at work! 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Blame the Wallaces  ;)
    canuckland
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    been looking for sliced liverwurst for a room temp sandwich and a cold beer for lunch the last couple weeks, have lost hope in finding the deli liverwurst.

side note: there was no miracle whip, not as many haters as one would suspect
    Karl’s Sausage Kitchen
    1 Bourbon Street
    Peabody

(I am frankly STAGGERED that you don’t know about him)

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited August 2021
    Options

lkapigian said:
    Homemade mayo will be more likely to go bad@ room temp, it is made with raw eggs, commercial stuff has additives although there are some commercial producers that are going natural

Also, as stated above, double dipping adds to the party, that's why you will see squeeze bottles are ok @ room temp

At the end of the day, make your own, its easy and rule typically use what you make right then...eazy peasy..eggs oil salt acid
    Nothing to do mythical “additives”

It’s simply that commercial mayo is more acidic

It’s not because they add polysorbo-biannulate-trimonoxyhyrdil-acedonine

It’s fvcking citric acid. 

At home. Lemon juice

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

lkapigian said:
    Homemade mayo will be more likely to go bad@ room temp, it is made with raw eggs, commercial stuff has additives although there are some commercial producers that are going natural

Also, as stated above, double dipping adds to the party, that's why you will see squeeze bottles are ok @ room temp

At the end of the day, make your own, its easy and rule typically use what you make right then...eazy peasy..eggs oil salt acid

At home. Lemon juice

I stand corrected , I recognize ph is the reason for stability and they are adding acid ( mayo is fat salt acid)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

lkapigian said:

At home. Lemon juice

There is more to it than just the PH, eggs are pasteurized, other ingredients receive anti-bacterial treatment, etc.

Well I can see the sarcasm is strong with this one. 
    Now  go get your nads out of her purse before you do throw down. 😉

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Try the word “half”. Then add the house, and her alimony.
    Just sayin’.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky