Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Locations

I'm geographically curious as to where posters on this forum are located  . . . so, please post some info on your sig line to where you are located . . . city & state IMHO would be great!
Thanks

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    There was a map out at some point tied to google maps ....i dint see sign line on mobile but I do on desk top 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    This comes up every few years; thanks for the reminder!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669

I'll give you 3 guesses where I'm from, j/k I'm from Costa Rica...........

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    loco_engr said:
    I'm geographically curious as to where posters on this forum are located  . . . so, please post some info on your sig line to where you are located . . . city & state IMHO would be great!
    Thanks

In our humble country, Belgium, we do not even have states (let alone them being united). Not sure how many other Belgians embraced the egg around here :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    iudex said:
    loco_engr said:
    Thanks

In our humble country, Belgium, we do not even have states (let alone them being united). Not sure how many other Belgians embraced the egg around here :)
    Hey, you have the GOAT, Eddy Merckx. Five Tours de France, five Giro d'Italas, one Vuelta a Espania and a bunch of one day classics. The best ever. Don't know if he owns an egg. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• iudex said:
    loco_engr said:
    Thanks

Didn’t see any when I was in Brussels a few years back!!
  • loco_engr said:
    Thanks

To this list I would add “country.” 
  • iudex
    Haha, you guys  :).
    Have to admit, grilling and bbqing are not up to par here. However, admittedly, BGE is extremely expensive over here (like 1400 EUR for a large), so only 'hardcore' bbq fanatics will by one. Glad at least you know of our little space on this grand earth!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'll give you 3 guesses where I'm from, j/k I'm from Costa Rica...........
    hmmmm.....capitols....CAPITOL CITY!

No?  Washington DC?

@iudex, maybe we can work out a Westvleteren for brisket exchange?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    loco_engr said:
    Thanks

To this list I would add “country.” 
    Agree . . . you're across the pond?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • iudex
    Foghorn said:

You would not believe how difficult those are to get... Sounding so old, but 15 years ago, you could just drive up there and get like 4 crates or more, no questions asked. These days, you need to pre-book by phone (being extremely lucky to even get in) and get two measly crates at the most. I love good beer so much and still cannot comprehend people going through all that...

In comparion, the butcher who is literally less than half a mile away can still sell me brisket (which is very uncommon in European butchery circles). The world is so damn weird sometimes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    I’m in my girlfriend.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I’m in my girlfriend.
    Who you tryin’ to kidd, John? Everyone knows you ain’t capable of bagging a gf - at least not the ones you don’t have to pay for. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    iudex said:
    Foghorn said:

You would not believe how difficult those are to get... Sounding so old, but 15 years ago, you could just drive up there and get like 4 crates or more, no questions asked. These days, you need to pre-book by phone (being extremely lucky to even get in) and get two measly crates at the most. I love good beer so much and still cannot comprehend people going through all that...

In comparion, the butcher who is literally less than half a mile away can still sell me brisket (which is very uncommon in European butchery circles). The world is so damn weird sometimes.
    Oh, I know how hard they are to get.  That's why I asked for it.  =)

They did a one time (so far) limited release shipment to the US a few years ago and people lined up for several days at the stores that were lucky enough to get some 4-packs.  I only learned about it after it happened.  

I did get one bottle of their quad a few years back from a guy who had been there.  It was outstanding to be sure.  I'd like to do a taste test some day relative to some of the other great Belgian quads - like the Straffe Hendrik Heritage quad (which I think was a one time release in 2016).

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Foghorn said:
    iudex said:
    Foghorn said:

Oh, I know how hard they are to get.  That's why I asked for it.  =)

They did a one time (so far) limited release shipment to the US a few years ago and people lined up for several days at the stores that were lucky enough to get some 4-packs.  I only learned about it after it happened.  

I did get one bottle of their quad a few years back from a guy who had been there.  It was outstanding to be sure.  I'd like to do a taste test some day relative to some of the other great Belgian quads - like the Straffe Hendrik Heritage quad (which I think was a one time release in 2016).

I think I still have a couple in my cellar.  I'll bring some to brisket camp.

NOLA
  • Foghorn
    Great @buzd504. :disappointed:

Drinking great Belgian (or Belgian-style) beer and taunting me with the pics has become a Brisket Camp tradition...

At least this year, I won't have to look at pics of my own son doing it - drinking MY BEER.

San Antonio, TX

• iudex
    Awesome to see people loving the one thing Belgium CAN do right =).

One of the better breweries released a oak flavour infused one, called Cornet. I can't even keep track of how many I've had, so delicious!
  • Foghorn
    I suspect I would love a Cornet or two.  It doesn't seem like it's available in the US.  I would guess that the closest thing I've had to that was from Hof Ten Dormaal.

San Antonio, TX