Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Options

Comments

• nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Ok since this is the covid thread,   doctors,  math geniuses weigh in. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KnhUu7Ba4&feature=youtu.be
    This is where my kids go to high school!  Strange days, indeed.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    nlovold said:
    kl8ton said:

I called that doctor's office today, actually managed to speak with him.

Let's just say it was an...interesting conversation.
    If anyone would like to do the same his name is Dan Stock, the practice is PureHealth Functional Medicine, the number is 317-559-2515.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    nlovold said:
    kl8ton said:

If anyone would like to do the same his name is Dan Stock, the practice is PureHealth Functional Medicine, the number is 317-559-2515.
    Didn't he threaten to report you to the authorities? 
    Options

Options
    It is embarrassing the amount of dumbs that listen to this quack, who I’m being told is not board certified.  He starts off questioning the science and then goes on a persuasive ramble using his own emperical evidence to confirm his claims.    :ohstop:
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Reading between the lines, I think the doctor got fired for quackery and the hospital is trying to protect the patients from him.
    Options
    DMW said:
    nlovold said:
    kl8ton said:

Didn't he threaten to report you to the authorities? 
    He did indeed. When I mentioned that I know more about the law than he seemed to, he hung up. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Wow that was fun, I see little wine cooler is still an idiot.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    This is all so shocking.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Got a really bad headache at work today so since being exposed they thought I should take a test. It was negative. Glad to know the vaccine is working. Not going to lie. Didn’t want to be one of those that gets it twice. I know I still can, but it felt good to dodge a bullet for once. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’m old enough to remember being told the media would stop talking about covid and the pandemic once Biden came into office.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    edited August 2021
    Options
    just to make sure about returning to work from covid, its ten days from when symptoms first develop, not a first positive test date plus 24 hours no fever and you are feeling better?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    just to make sure about returning to work from covid, its ten days from when symptoms first develop, not a first positive test date plus 24 hours no fever and you are feeling better?
    That’s what I was told, and also what I did. And as I sat in my upstairs bedroom alone for six days feeling fine, I definitely wondered how many people quarantine properly and don’t just decide “the heck with it I feel fine…”
    New Orleans LA
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    That’s what I was told, and also what I did. And as I sat in my upstairs bedroom alone for six days feeling fine, I definitely wondered how many people quarantine properly and don’t just decide “the heck with it I feel fine…”

thanks,  was looking at negative tests and those dont look like they test negative for weeks to months. its day 11 for my brother, might just tell him to take the rest of the week off.
    fukahwee maine

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I’m old enough to remember being told the media would stop talking about covid and the pandemic once Biden came into office.
    Wasn't he supposed to fix all this? Just saw on the news Tyson is raising pork prices by 39%, beef by 11%, and chicken by 15% due to inflation. Glad Biden knows something they don’t.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    ...and this forum will be flooded with Chinese cooking.
    canuckland
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Lit said:
    Wasn't he supposed to fix all this? Just saw on the news Tyson is raising pork prices by 39%, beef by 11%, and chicken by 15% due to inflation. Glad Biden knows something they don’t.
    July inflation numbers get released tomorrow morning. Should be interesting. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Lit said:
    Wasn't he supposed to fix all this? 
    This isn't a failure of the Biden administration; it is a "success" for republican governors, marjorie taylor sh*thead and Faux News.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• fishlessman
    Options
    ...and this forum will be flooded with Chinese cooking.

was i supposed to take pics of my chinese terryaki chicken takeout this afternoon, darn the memos always go out when im off line.
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2021
    Options
    We did buy a prime brisket from Costco this past weekend.  $3.99 a lb.  I guess the full force of the Biden inflation hasn't quite hit this part of the country yet.  It's probably because Durham is blue. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    Fast food  jobs aren’t supposed to last forever, Lit. 

Maybe time to look elsewhere?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:

Maybe automatic toll booth operator?  

• Lit
    edited August 2021
    Options
    We did buy a prime brisket from Costco this past weekend.  $3.99 a lb.  I guess the full force of the Biden inflation hasn't quite hit this part of the country yet.  It's probably because Durham is blue. 
    It was what $2.99 a lb or $3.29 a lb before? Thats only like 20-25%. You and Biden are both right. Nothing to worry about no inflation there.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:

Automatic - so he won’t have to make change?  😂
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Lit said:
    It was what $2.99 a lb or $3.29 a lb before? Thats only like 20-25%. You and Biden are both right. Nothing to worry about no inflation there.
    So if the average brisket is 15 lbs, that’s  $15 dollar increase in cost. 

Can’t you just work an extra hour at the Filet O Fish station?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Lit
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:

You get a gold star for those math skills
  • Lit
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:

Automatic - so he won’t have to make change?  😂
    Yes that would be automatic genius
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Lit said:
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:

You get a gold star for those math skills
    $2.99 to $3.99 is 1 dollar. 

Definitely the automatic toll booth for you. 

Dennis - Austin,TX