Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,179
    SonVolt said:
    @lkapigian - I may need that crane tomorrow!  After over a 2 year wait, she's finally ready. 

Congrats on the awesome rig @SonVolt
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • That microwave looks very nice. We replaced our fridge at the beginning of the year. The repair guy was here yesterday as the new one (6 months old) is dying a slow death. The freezer makes really cold water and I’ve been cooking stuff out of the freezer during the slow thaw. Tomorrow will be a full turkey smoked on the egg. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • SGHSGH Posts: 28,101
    Eoin said:
    Making some salsa.

Standing by for the grand finale. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,908
    That's a lot of ribs.  Most I've ever done is 30 racks...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MasterCMasterC Posts: 558
    He's cooking for wedding. 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • BarBar Posts: 166
    SonVolt said:
    @lkapigian - I may need that crane tomorrow!  After over a 2 year wait, she's finally ready. 

Dude!  You ain’t playin.  That is a serious hunk of metal right there.
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 3,035
    edited August 7
    I'm pumped. They made the stainless shelves twice as deep as I thought they were going to. Kinda shocked they did that honestly, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the extra space.  I just hope I'm tall enough to open the doors ok. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • BarBar Posts: 166
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,310
    SonVolt said:
    I'm pumped. They made the stainless shelves twice as deep as I thought they were going to. Kinda shocked they did that honestly, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the extra space. 
    You will. The ground under the smoker will also thank you. It looks like the shelves will cover the whole food grates when being pulled out and drips from food. That's key. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,179
    SonVolt said:
    I'm pumped. They made the stainless shelves twice as deep as I thought they were going to. Kinda shocked they did that honestly, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the extra space.  I just hope I'm tall enough to open the doors ok. 
    I like the extra doors as well, reverse flows are another beast, can't wait to see it in action 
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,487

Step 1 this morning was tiling a formerly carpeted bathroom in my 91 years old grandmother’s guest bathroom. Carpet in a bathroom, I’ll never understand.

Step 2 was test driving and ordering a new Bronco for the wifey. She approved, so here comes the wait……
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,165
    Why is f*cking plumbing always a nightmare? 

Honey-do: could ya fix the drippy faucets in the bathroom?  Me: sure (inside voice - "groan").

1. Shut off valves under sink stuck.  Don't want to force them and create yet another problem. 
    2. House shut off (ours) - frozen.  Same as above.
    3. Meter shut off - can't find the damn tool.  Drove to shop and welded one.  Good news, works great to shut off water.
    4. Remove handles on 1920s faucets.  Everything corroded.  WW1 design is easy to service (done it before) if it's not all frozen from mineral deposits, etc.
    5. Two locking nuts and one valve.  Tried using regular person tools and I'm just starting to strip the brass. 
    6. Put handles back on, turn water back on and yell "F*CK IT!".
    7. Order super flat open end wrenches from Amazon (might as well get metric too).  Come in Monday. 

(note: I've always wanted/needed a set of these, and still about half the price of a plumber).

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,790
    @nolaegghead I replaced a kitchen faucet today. Luckily, mine went a little better than yours. I hate plumbing. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,502
    @nolaegghead I despise plumbing. I’ll gladly pay a tradesman to do my plumbing for me. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    (2) XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,480
    Remind me to never loan you a breaker bar.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,575
    Time for this little guy to take a nap. 

Womp, Womp. Over cooked. Pretty sure I didn’t let it cool enough before throwing in the cooler. Oh well. I will freeze the leftovers for chili or some random night nachos. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

Remind me to never loan you a breaker bar.

• DavidCrumptonDavidCrumpton Posts: 198
    edited August 8
    Rustic is heaven! There is something peaceful about a rustic backyard. 
  • dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 1,031
    Soon leaving on a short road trip to Fairbury, NE.  Big Boy No. 4014 is making a over night stop there, scheduled to arrive at 5 p.m.
    Then, on the way home, will detour thru Beatrice and have supper at one of our fav restaurants, the Black Crow.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA