Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- SV lobster tail, with lobster oil, and mukimo

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited August 2021 in EggHead Forum
Inspired  by a recent thread about lobster. I’ve made the lobster oil before, and it beats the pants off the usual butter, or garlic butter,  dip. 

Made the lobster oil yesterday. Shells, fennel bulb, bag leaves, garlic, peppercorns, tomato paste, and some other stuff. Rested overnight. Strained all the solids out today. 

Learned about mukimo from a David Chang podcast. And , then remembered, that caliqueen gave me the book (In Bibi’s Kitchen) for my birthday 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Tweaked the recipe a bit, mainly by adding berbere, since the recipe just called for salt to season it. 

Onions, cannellini beans, hominy. Puréed kale, and mashed potatoes went in later. 

The tails were kinda small. Sprinkled some Oakridge BBQ SPOGOS, and topped with butter pats. SV at 140F x 20mins. 

Plated:

Farkin’ unreal, if I do say so myself 😎

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments