Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Great 2021 Heinz Hot Dog Pact

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    At band camp we learned to just force two wieners into one bun. As long as you can find two people who are into it, it works out, bun-wise. 

At first it sounds difficult, but you’ll be surprised how good it can be 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2021
    Options
    The 'ol chili dog. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Five packs of buns and four packs of dogs and all is well. Don't forget the ketchup!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    just buy extra buns, sometimes i dont even buy the hotdogs

New England Split-top Frankfurter Hot Dog Bun or Lobster Rolls - Pack of 6  12 or 24 count Amazoncom Grocery amp Gourmet Food

only hot dog roll there is.

buttered and grilled, can't do that with a d*mned coney island roll

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    At band camp we learned to just force two wieners into one bun. As long as you can find two people who are into it, it works out, bun-wise. 

Did you use any condom mints?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    just buy extra buns, sometimes i dont even buy the hotdogs

New England Split-top Frankfurter Hot Dog Bun or Lobster Rolls - Pack of 6  12 or 24 count Amazoncom Grocery amp Gourmet Food

only hot dog roll there is.

buttered and grilled, can't do that with a d*mned coney island roll

hard pass on a potato roll, it aint happening
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    Those look killer @fishlessman
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Those look killer @fishlessman

lifted off the web but ive eaten a ton over the years. lobster prices should drop in a couple weeks hopefully since july 4 is behind us
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Options
    Ten dollars sez the elitist weirdo snobs at Hebrew National will ignore the petition and continue to ship.... seven.  :angry:    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Condoments are always well advised in such situations. 
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Why do those type of things always happen at Band Camp?
  • SonVolt
    Options
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Hotdogs sold by weight. Cluster pans in a bakery system hold 4. Same for hamburger buns. The bakeries ain’t changing configurations. 
  • PigBeanUs
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Hotdogs sold by weight. Cluster pans in a bakery system hold 4. Same for hamburger buns. The bakeries ain’t changing configurations. 
    Thanks, Mr. Killjoy

(also: the petition isn’t serious. It’s an attempt at viral marketing)
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Thanks, Mr. Killjoy

Subject has been approached before by grocers believe it or not…change ain’t coming. White bread bakeries around me cannot make enough hotdog buns between Memorial Day and Labor Day. They start making them in February and putting them in cold storage. It’s unreal
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    womaus said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Why do those type of things always happen at Band Camp?
    They happen at church camp too, they’re just not consensual.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    Options
    A lot of times they're consensual. Especially when it's the pastor's wife and a Deacon. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    A lot of times they're consensual. Especially when it's the pastor's wife and a Deacon. 
    Or the pastor’s daughter and the new kid from out of town:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Thanks, Mr. Killjoy

Subject has been approached before by grocers believe it or not…change ain’t coming. White bread bakeries around me cannot make enough hotdog buns between Memorial Day and Labor Day. They start making them in February and putting them in cold storage. It’s unreal
    The problem here is that you know what you are talking about, and we are all just making jokes. 

(Srsly tho: excellent info)
  • Botch
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    ColbyLang said:
    The problem here is that you know what you are talking about, and we are all just making jokes. 

(Srsly tho: excellent info)
    Agreed,  However, I could easily see the weiner manufacturers reducing their packages from 10 to 8, keeping the same price, lowering shipping costs, and somehow advertising that they "responded to public demand".  
    I'm old now, and can see things like that.  

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    So. You are on record as being in favor of smaller weiner packages? 
  • Botch
    Options
    Economically, yes.  :tongue:  

• ColbyLang
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Smaller wiener here. I’ve got no complaints tho….wait, that didn’t come out right