Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2021
    has anyone received their Bronco yet? I am still hell bent on getting one, when do you think they will be in stock at the local dealers?
    I put one of the refundable deposits down on one back in December. EDIT: I looked and put my deposit down last September. Then the dealer called me back in December and said based on my configuration and number in line I would receive mine in mid 2022 so I cancelled it and bought my GX460. Which I will likely give to my wife when it's paid off in a couple years. Then I will likely buy the Bronco or a Jeep. Can't get that itch to stop...

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    has anyone received their Bronco yet? I am still hell bent on getting one, when do you think they will be in stock at the local dealers?
    I followed one the other day, still had its dealer's tag, so they're out.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Botch said:
    I followed one the other day, still had its dealer's tag, so they're out.  
    Was it the fullsize or the Sport version of the Bronco?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I put one of the refundable deposits down on one back in December. EDIT: I looked and put my deposit down last September. Then the dealer called me back in December and said based on my configuration and number in line I would receive mine in mid 2022 so I cancelled it and bought my GX460. Which I will likely give to my wife when it's paid off in a couple years. Then I will likely buy the Bronco or a Jeep. Can't get that itch to stop...
    I always think of predator when I see those grills.

I’ve yet to see a full sized one in person. Hell, the Ford dealer here has 2 (that’s right) new pickup trucks on the lot right now. Inventory coming in either has a deposit on it or it’s already been sold. 
  • nolaegghead
    ColbyLang said:
    I’ve yet to see a full sized one in person. Hell, the Ford dealer here has 2 (that’s right) new pickup trucks on the lot right now. Inventory coming in either has a deposit on it or it’s already been sold. 
    Slightly off-topic but the psychology of so many people "wanting" a new vehicle because they're scarce and further driving up demand and prices, and then insisting on paying a premium rather than just waiting until the supply chain catches up, all-the-while driving perfectly sufficient vehicles for non-professional transportation, is as baffling to me as the reasons behind why I just wrote a massively run-on sentence here.

I suppose creating that frenzy as a marketing person would be the holy grail.

Very cool....reminds me of some of my early cars.  This tractor was invented before the tractor seat, it's so old.

was watching a new steam roller the other day, no seat, remote controlled. guy was standing in front of it while working it, that should go well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Very cool....reminds me of some of my early cars.  This tractor was invented before the tractor seat, it's so old.

was watching a new steam roller the other day, no seat, remote controlled. guy was standing in front of it while working it, that should go well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PrZ-J7D3k

ColbyLang said:
    Slightly off-topic but the psychology of so many people "wanting" a new vehicle because they're scarce and further driving up demand and prices, and then insisting on paying a premium rather than just waiting until the supply chain catches up, all-the-while driving perfectly sufficient vehicles for non-professional transportation, is as baffling to me as the reasons behind why I just wrote a massively run-on sentence here.

Dealership offered me a little more than what I paid for my truck, 4.5 years and 35,000 miles ago. It’s unreal
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,346
    edited July 2021
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Dealership offered me a little more than what I paid for my truck, 4.5 years and 35,000 miles ago. It’s unreal
    Yeah the dealer here gave me $25,500 for my used F150 that had 80k miles and had some issues.  My payment now is considerably less than it was on the one I traded in.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • WeberWho
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Yeah the dealer here gave me $25,500 for my used F150 that had 80k miles and had some issues.  My payment now is considerably less than it was on the one I traded in.  
    My brother in law traded in his 2013 V6 Silverado with 89k that had light scratches, light rust bubbling, non working air conditioning, and had some major warranty work done on the engine that was a temporary fix and failed again outside of warranty.  (A mechanic told him he's going to have some major issues down the road because of it) 

CarMax didn't drive it because of the pandemic. They took four pictures of it and offered him 19K for it. He really didn't have plans to sell it but he couldn't turn down the offer. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

My brother in law traded in his 2013 V6 Silverado with 89k that had light scratches, light rust bubbling, non working air conditioning, and had some major warranty work done on the engine that was a temporary fix and failed again outside of warranty.  (A mechanic told him he's going to have some major issues down the road because of it) 

CarMax didn't drive it because of the pandemic. They took four pictures of it and offered him 19K for it. He really didn't have plans to sell it but he couldn't turn down the offer. 
    Unless you have an extra vehicle, the only problem with taking advantage of the high used (and new) vehicle values right now is you have the same problem when you need to replace it.  Granted, in his case, looks like he flipped a lemon, which is great for him (not so much for whoever buys it, depending on what kind of prep they do on it).

I’m getting crazy offers for my car from the same dealership I bought it from.  I’m tempted to sell it to them, but I see two issues giving me some pause:
    1) I like my car.
    2) I’d have to replace it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,738
    I’m getting crazy offers for my car from the same dealership I bought it from.  I’m tempted to sell it to them, but I see two issues giving me some pause:
    1) I like my car.

i would be looking to barter up to a price i couldnt refuse. ask them how much they can afford =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Unless you have an extra vehicle, the only problem with taking advantage of the high used (and new) vehicle values right now is you have the same problem when you need to replace it.  Granted, in his case, looks like he flipped a lemon, which is great for him (not so much for whoever buys it, depending on what kind of prep they do on it).

He traded it in for a newer Ford F-150 through CarMax. That way he only had to pay the difference between the two trucks and not have to be taxed twice. 

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Car dealers and realtors are the ones making all the coin.   Unless you go without the replacement car or house, you are just lining their pockets, IMHO.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    1) I like my car.
    You have a manual transmission Audi coupe if I'm not mistaking? I can't see the value going down and only up as Audi doesn't offer any vehicle here in the US in manual transmission. You will always have someone lined up for it if you were looking to sell. 

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    WeberWho said:
    1) I like my car.
    You have a manual transmission Audi coupe if I'm not mistaking? I can't see the value going down and only up as Audi doesn't offer any vehicle here in the US in manual transmission. You will always have someone lined up for it if you were looking to sell. 
    John's old S5 coupe had a stick, I drove it once (pro-tip, don't let him drive *you*). 

I recall his new car is an automatic, but I may be wrong.

Wonder what I can get for a 2005 toyota 4runner with 270,000 miles on it?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    @TEXASBGE2018….. Teed up😎
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 70
    When the chip supply shortage catches up the dealers will likely have the 2021 model year that is sitting waiting for chips and the 2022 model year hit the market at the same time.  2021 models will bring the prices back to normal and negotiable.  That is my bet as I wait for a Honda Ridgeline.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    My bet is you don’t have a 2022 model, or you have a very minimal one. They’re literally sitting on several 100,000’s of vehicles waiting on chips. 
  • Wonder if Ford or any of the other majors are looking into building their own chip factory so this never happens again.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    nealmgb said:
    When the chip supply shortage catches up the dealers will likely have the 2021 model year that is sitting waiting for chips and the 2022 model year hit the market at the same time.  2021 models will bring the prices back to normal and negotiable.  That is my bet as I wait for a Honda Ridgeline.
    Family friend own's a GMC dealership has already had to tell several customers who special order '21s several months ago that they will not be getting them.  GM is already switching to '22s.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    Wonder if Ford or any of the other majors are looking into building their own chip factory so this never happens again.
    It would seem to make sense, they probably couldn't do it cheaper, but the bean counters are going to have to re-calibrate their strategies.

Tesla (Elon) decided to fix their bottleneck with their battery plant.  IMO, a great idea, but I'm the guy that will pay more for the tool than it would cost to fix the problem, just because I'm an extreme DIY weirdo.

For any fans of Dumb and Dumber. I appreciated the video...

https://youtu.be/X-WgGh9lvx4

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Wonder what I can get for a 2005 toyota 4runner with 270,000 miles on it?
    You buy it at Costco?  Maybe just return it?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    WeberWho said:
    1) I like my car.
    I traded it in last year.  It had 70k miles on it and despite no real major repair issues, it was a German sports car and I was only willing to push my luck so far.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @JohnInCarolina- dang- I took a 1970 Porsche 911 to 305,000 miles before the engine fire death knell.  Yes, there were repair costs along the way but absent a chain tensioner failure in 1978 and major engine overhaul that thing was a hacker. 
    Then went with a BMW 540 Sport Pack 6 speed 2001 model acquired in 2003 that only lasted 185K miles (quality definitely going south).
    The BMW replacement NA V-8 ride regrettably has a slush box tranny but that's the wave of the near-term future.  Fortunately I will be off the planet before this one hits the boneyard, I hope. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.