Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I knew Jeep was coming out with a V8 Wrangler but I had no idea it was already on the market:

https://youtu.be/xA80I_x7koQ

$70k+...Nope
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Jeep shopping. Local dealer has 2 Wrangler Unlimited on their lot. Damn COVID

I had no idea, I searched a few lots around here and they each had 1-2 or nothing. weird
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I knew Jeep was coming out with a V8 Wrangler but I had no idea it was already on the market:

When I was looking for @co@ColtsFan I ran across a $70k jeep. That must be it, I about fell out of my chair seeing a $70,000 jeep but that makes a bit more sense.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,764
    Options
    WeberWho said:

When I was looking for @co@ColtsFan I ran across a $70k jeep. That must be it, I about fell out of my chair seeing a $70,000 jeep but that makes a bit more sense.

the 70k isnt bad when you consider most that buy that jeep will add another minimum of 30-40k in extras ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    WeberWho said:

the 70k isnt bad when you consider most that buy that jeep will add another minimum of 30-40k in extras ;)
    Call that the high school girl package around here. My FIL has one. I make fun of him every time 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Boring stuff, half loonie a can, best price I've seen

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead: Hope your house has a lot of windows. 🙂
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Just picked this up. Hoping to make a new friend. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited June 2021
    Options

Relocating squirrels or trapping bunny for pet?

Rabbits roam here every spring/summer, first time discovering a rabbit hole in my yard though, after feeding she covered the hole with dry leaves.

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead: Groundhog. There is a lot of wildlife where we are. Bunnies, toads, bats, squirrels of all types, etc. If I have even one window open during a conference call, people assume I keep birds as pets. 

Did you get rid of the rabbit? If so, I never saw your stew in the What Are you Chefing Tonight, Dr.? thread. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2021
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:

$70k+...Nope
    I almost bought a jeep back in December. The build quality seems to be much better but like
    most cars nowadays they are way overpriced. No way I would pay $50k for a 4 door jeep let alone $70k. Even the rubicon's are about $15k-$18k overpriced. A top of the line jeep should cost no more than about $40k. There are cars worth their price tag but a jeep is not one of them.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:

$70k+...Nope
    I almost bought a jeep back in December. The build quality seems to be much better but like
    most cars nowadays they are way overpriced. No way I would pay $50k for a 4 door jeep let alone $70k. Even the rubicon's are about $15k-$18k overpriced. A top of the line jeep should cost no more than about $40k. There are cars worth their price tag but a jeep is not one of them.
    I could be wrong, but according to consumer satisfaction reports I remember hearing on the radio last year, Jeep consistently ranks very low. 

I am not a hater; my brother in law owned a TrackHawk that I absolutely loved. 😁
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

I tapped a woodchuck in one of those.  It was burrowing under pole barn. Concrete had cracked as it sank into its network of holes.  Well I just put the cage into a 55 gallon trash can full of water.  Cage stuck out of the top of the can by  about 2 inches.  It was not humane. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I tapped a woodchuck in one of those.  It was burrowing under pole barn. Concrete had cracked as it sank into its network of holes.  Well I just put the cage into a 55 gallon trash can full of water.  Cage stuck out of the top of the can by  about 2 inches.  It was not humane. 
    Had been planning on taking it to a wooded area and letting it go free. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Groundhog. 
    Back in the early 90’s me and a friend of mine trapped some groundhogs while working in Chillicothe, Ohio at Mead Paper on a boiler outage. We brought the groundhogs back to Mississippi and released them. I was hoping that they would thrive here. Guessing they did not as I have never seen a groundhog since releasing them almost 30 years ago. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I did that with rats that were eating up my garden.  Afterwards the stray cats got a meal.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I catch and then release on the other side of the interstate. If they make their way back they have earned it. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I catch and then release on the other side of the interstate. If they make their way back they have earned it. 
    Storm drain pipes run under the interstate. Now around here sometimes this big drain pipes have Moccasins and alligators living in them. 
    If I still had my boat I might take. them 10 miles off shore to Horn Island. Let them try to make it back from there.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I preferred poly tipped boat tails in 223, get them with some high velocity lead poisoning.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,764
    Options
    neighbor didnt like me trapping and relocating squirrels and turned me into to conservation. turns out they see that as inhumane as theres only so much food source for the animals already there. they told me to drown them. neighbor was horrified. no more squirrel problem, theres raccoons up in the cherry tree right now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I tapped a woodchuck in one of those.;
    It's friday!  I giggled.  I admit it.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I preferred poly tipped boat tails in 223, get them with some high velocity lead poisoning.

Whistle pigs get a tap on the shoulder with a .17hmr around here, but if I live trap a racoon, cat, or possum I usually relocate.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    neighbor didnt like me trapping and relocating squirrels and turned me into to conservation. turns out they see that as inhumane as theres only so much food source for the animals already there. they told me to drown them. neighbor was horrified. no more squirrel problem, theres raccoons up in the cherry tree right now
    Because grey squirrels are considered an invasive species (as opposed to the native red) they are officially a pest. If you trap one, it's illegal to release it. We have a tree filled garden in the middle of open fields, so don't often get squirrels and deal with them immediately if we do.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    At the last house we had, I was able to play sniper from the loft of a small barn and take them out with a 17 WSM.  That was fun.  We had families of chucks burrowing throughout the property.  I also would mow with a .22 Lever action on my lap.  Dang those things are smart. I would try to fool them into thinking I was mowing.  It was kind of fun.  I have several bogey down photos I will not share.  My friend and I kind of had a competition going.

@Langner91 gotta love swype on the cell phone!  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    kl8ton said:

My first trash can was too small also. Led to an exciting escape when I tried to hold him down with a stick... I improved my tool and managed to send 8 to the next life one season. Imagine a wooden hand tamper with nails stuck through it. Now I have a 90 gal can provided by the borough, and no groundhogs.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Decided to get a Kickash Can.  smokeware.com has a storewide 15% off deal going thru June 16, use coupon code DADDAQUE at checkout.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Decided to get a Kickash Can.  smokeware.com has a storewide 15% off deal going thru June 16, use coupon code DADDAQUE at checkout.
    That's kickass!
    Options
    Too many drowned woodchucks/groundhogs here, and no "Rodent and Fine Wine" threads to match.  I'm disappointed.   :|   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Botch said:
    Too many drowned woodchucks/groundhogs here, and no "Rodent and Fine Wine" threads to match.  I'm disappointed.   :|   
    Drown some mice in a warm bath and voilà, souris vide.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Made my friend after all. The folks on the internet didn’t lie… he needed a few days to get used to the presence of the cage before he became brave enough to enter.