Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast/Brunch Ideas

Options
I am looking for any and all ideas for breakfast/brunch on the BGE. I have used the search function and found some amazing food, stuffed breakfast fatty, smoked breakfast pepper boat and lots more but they are scattered all over. Drop a link to your favorite breakfast/brunch foods here if you don't mind. Is there enough to start a sub forum?
Always be surrounded by good friends and great BBQ!

Comments

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    I like to cook bacon in a cast iron skillet on the egg, then use the bacon fat to cook scrambled eggs and hash browns.  If it is a special event, I'll also cook up some sausage gravy to pour over the hash browns and some biscuits.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Breakfast pizza- sounds strange but really good
    Greensboro, NC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    Real Deal Holyfield Brisket Breakfast Tacos .....you'll be a hit 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    fillet mignon topped with sunny side up quail eggs. skip the bacon wrap on the steak and grill up some prosciutto wrapped asparagus as a side
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Real Deal Holyfield Brisket Breakfast Tacos .....you'll be a hit 
    Greatest breakfast taco ever.  I'll fight anyone who disagrees.  lol Have one every time I am in Austin.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    I have made these breakfast enchiladas a couple of times now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlaFNJ0EmA

Sam's personality isn't for everyone, but the recipe here is legit.  The enchiladas are phenomenal.  I've finished them in the oven, but there's no reason you couldn't finish them in the BGE.  I bet the added smoke flavor would add an element that would only improve things.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    Slice up a bunch of potatoes, green peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, onions and mushrooms. Cook up some sausage links cut in quarters or thirds and cook all the above in a big cast iron skillet with salt, pepper and garlic powder put it in separate bowls and top it with cheese and eggs!
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    search, sausage/cheese bread roll, on this site and there’s a very easy recipe that is always a hit for me.  Someone else posted it years back in a similar thread 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Think this is the one @Moleman was referring. 
    I will 2nd it!
    Jay has been making it at Eggfests for many, many years and it’s always a winner.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1133517/sausage-cheese-bread-roll
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited May 2021
    Options
    This Crab and Baby Bella Quiche is from a long time Egghead, Chubby. I apologize if origin is someone else.
    It's over the top good!

Take a quiche dish or deep pie plate and coat with non stick. 
    Shred 2 cups of fresh spinach and press into bottom of dish. on top of that press in 8 oz thin sliced mushrooms. On top of the shrooms sprinkle one finely diced shallot. 12-16 ounces crab meat( I did a 16 oz can of claw meat) then for the cheese, I used 4 oz shaved Asiago and 8 oz shredded Gouda layered and spread. Mix 4 eggs and 1 cup heavy cream or half-and- half 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, couple shots of hot sauce, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup Bisquick and whisk together. Pour evenly over dish and cook on the egg ( NO SMOKE)at 375 for about 45 minutes or until nice and brown and the center is set up. let rest for 10 minutes.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Breakfast flattie . . . out of order  :s

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • dkmiller16
    dkmiller16 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for all the ideas. I will be trying these out for sure.
    Always be surrounded by good friends and great BBQ!