Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    CPFC1905 said:

Wow, that week’s flown by.   Can’t believe we’re back in to a full set of fixtures again so soon.  Fans are allowed back, Everton are not 7th and there’s a battle on for 4th.  Here we go;

Tonight

Man Utd v Fulham : hosts are all but nailed on 2nd and the Cottagers have gone. Ole will want a professional win to please the fans and cement the runner up spot. 3-0 caveated that a massive protest against the Glazer family of Tampa Bay fame can’t be ruled out and mayhem ensues. 

Southampton v Leeds : a sprinted affair with nothing at stake.  The visitors are keeping their mojo going. 2-2

Brighton v Man City : a  filthy Seagulls drubbing by ten would be about right in my option. Although a routine 0-2 is more probable.

Chelsea v Leicester : the big one. A Foxes win assures them CL next season, but I just don’t think they have the cajones despite being in the box seat.  Very much the wrong time for them to be playing this fixture and it’s a 2-1 for me. 

Wednesday

Newcastle v Sheff Utd : the Toon faithful back in St James and will probably use that opportunity to hurl abuse at the owner for the whole game.  Heart warming stuff but a dire match. 1-0

Everton v Wolves, the Toffees are leaving their run for ‘first loser’ late and need a win here. Wolves ain’t for rolling over though.  A tight 1-1

Spurs v Aston Villa : Sir Harry of Kane, saviour of the nation, has concluded (after 20 years, having been on the team since soon after birth) that Spurs are just too Spursy.  He wants a seat at the big boys table. Trouble is the owner invariably disagrees unless all the gold in the world is exchanged.  We shall see.  3-1

Palace v Arsenał : the end of an era as Roy bids farewell to 4 of the Eagles most successful years ever. Many other places are out contract and so this has the feel of a last hurrah for many of them too. Gunners are the right team to let Palace play the more exuberant style that’s only just emerged.  Going against type I am going for a home win 2-1. If that doesn’t provoke a 0-4 total capitulation I don’t know what will.

Burnley v Liverpool : invoking the ire of @Foghorn junior - it’s a 0-3 no mercy thumping I’m afraid. 

West Brom v West Ham : last chance saloon for the Hammers to sneak in to Europe.  Going to be tough at the Hawthorns, though. 1-1

Only 3 more sleeps until Friday’s last forecast of the season, so see you when we’ve cleared the hump.

As always, I love this post.  I think Leeds will take Southampton and Arsenal will edge out CPFC in a nervy affair.  Otherwise you're spot on - especially where Burnley rolling over is concerned.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Thar she blows! 

Discussion not found! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    I guess I'll never know now.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Traveling for work tomorrow and I have to use the Hilton app for “contactless check in” this should go well...
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Good to see that you are getting back in the game @lousubcap.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    (people at hospital) "I remember when these candy stripers were cute, younger women..."
    Seriously, nice public service, Frank.  You are a saint.
    (people at hospital) "I remember when these candy stripers were cute, younger women..."
    Yeah....the Cap is a nice guy, but he ain't candy striper cute for sure.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    I didn't need that visual.

San Antonio, TX

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Grilled 10 chicken thighs seasoned with a local rub and glazed with a sweet Asian glaze. I picked up both rub and glaze at the gun show Saturday. No pics as it is already foiled and in the cooler. Got to go tend to elderly parents again. 
  • nolaegghead
    Foghorn said:
    I didn't need that visual.
    Technically speaking, Frank would wear an apron before a pinafore.
    ColtsFan said:
    Traveling for work tomorrow and I have to use the Hilton app for “contactless check in” this should go well...
    Good luck, it is a joke.  Phone is supposed to open your room but I have had about a 25% success rate with that and the other times I end up going all the way back to the front desk for a key.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    ColtsFan said:
    I’ve used this for a few years.  I like it, personally never had an issue with the phone keys but they are a bit slow.  I usually stop at the front desk to get my free water bottles and snacks.  When I first traveled post covid the website mentioned contactless check in but the hotel was still checking in people as normal when I arrived.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Playing with my new soundbar.  Replaced a 3.1 system with this new Atmos enabled bar.  Pretty impressed so far.  Able to use my sub which is nice.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Learned yesterday that Apple Carplay can now use Google Maps, not just Apple Maps.  Have been trying to download it since, and am frustrated as hell.  :anguished:  

Will be leaving for Des Moines Thursday morning, with my trusty State Farm Atlas sitting on the passenger seat.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited May 2021
    Botch said:
    Learned yesterday that Apple Carplay can now use Google Maps, not just Apple Maps.  Have been trying to download it since, and am frustrated as hell.  :anguished:  

Will be leaving for Des Moines Thursday morning, with my trusty State Farm Atlas sitting on the passenger seat.  
    Worth a stop if you have time. Ribs are very good. 

https://smokeydsbbq.com/
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Inspiration found - got wings at Amigos on 30A &98 in the panhandle. Achiote marinated wings, grilled then tossed in Buffalo sauce and served. For my family, it’s like thanksgiving meets happy hour. 

We’ll be trying this on the egg soon!

(Purity of review may be tainted by spicey blood Orange margaritas)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Botch said:

You can use wayz on CarPlay too 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:

You can use wayz on CarPlay too 
    Carplay and Android auto are game changers for the auto industry. Truly the best innovation in car electronics in a generation. I use Waze with Spotify’s ‘daily drive’ into work or on car trips, love it.  I really like Google maps lane guidance, wish that would get into the Waze code stream (google owns Waze). 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Botch said:

I-80 eastbound. One road. Just print that out for your directions, now you have more room for snacks. 😛
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

I miss the Atlas days.  Made trips more exciting.  You never knew what you were actually getting into.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    If I want to get lost, I just let SWMBO drive.
    Botch said:

I miss the Atlas days.  Made trips more exciting.  You never knew what you were actually getting into.
    I drove deliveries for a while in LA/Orange County in college all with a Thomas Guide (two actually)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    A couple of the Ewetube videos I watched, I was very impressed with how Google Maps (hereby GM) (haha!) showed the times for different routes, the congestion, and even gave you local gas prices and distances to each.  Nice!  
    I was extremely frustrated that GM wouldn't download, but after playing with my iStupidPhone, I realized it was still linked to a long-expired CC; tomorrow, when I kan tpye betert, I'll get that changed.  
    Onwards!   =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Playing with my new soundbar.  Replaced a 3.1 system with this new Atmos enabled bar.  Pretty impressed so far.  Able to use my sub which is nice.

You want to sell your old one?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Botch said:

@WeberWho if you want to hit the po dunk of Luther north of West Des Moines, they got a pretty decent mom and pop BBQ joint as well, Whatcha Smokin’ BBQ.  Well, can’t vouch necessarily for the BBQ, but the sandwiches and fries are good for sure.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited May 2021
    Botch said:

@WeberWho if you want to hit the po dunk of Luther north of West Des Moines, they got a pretty decent mom and pop BBQ joint as well, Whatcha Smokin’ BBQ.  Well, can’t vouch necessarily for the BBQ, but the sandwiches and fries are good for sure.
    Thanks for the heads up @FarmingPhD

I don't find myself in Des Moines all that often but I'll definitely check them out the next time I'm in the area!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2021

You want to sell your old one?
    Don't think my old system is what you are looking for.  It was seperates and not a bar.  A set of HSU bookshelfs and a HSU center channel with a Denon receiver and a Rythmik FV15HP.  It sounded great, but this new soundbar is a nice step up for movies.  The surround and height effects are pretty cool, plus it has a much better wife approval.  Will need to see how it works with 2 channel music though.  For scale, that is an 85" tv.