Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your superpower?

Comments

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Having a great strategic thinking mind, yet missing that one tactical thing that'll jack the whole project up...

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Wolfpack said:
    Boiling water on the egg
    I didn’t realize you could do that!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited May 2021
    My superpower is overshadowed by my failings. But it works well at cocktail parties. 

I can talk in depth with anyone about anything, including whatever their profession is, for about three minutes. Sometimes five. 

Then I run dry and have to bail. “Go get another drink”

And I mean, like, brain surgery, diamond cutting, 18th C watchmakers, how to get rid of a body,....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited May 2021
    Wolfpack said:
    Boiling water on the egg
    Actually John I posted a long "slap my head dummy" reply years ago after I misunderstood a recipe for an omelet breakfast which called for LOTS of water.  I just didn't catch the bit about DRAINING the water before adding the beaten eggs and other ingredients! I pitched all of that mess as even both of our Westies looked at me like saying "you think we will eat that watered down crap - even cooked in a skillet on the stove?"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I drink and I know things.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,184
    edited May 2021
    RRP said:
    Wolfpack said:
    Boiling water on the egg
    Actually John I posted a long "slap my head dummy" reply years ago after I misunderstood a recipe for an omelet breakfast which called for LOTS of water.  I just didn't catch the bit about DRAINING the water before adding the beaten eggs and other ingredients! I pitched all of that mess as even both of our Westies looked at me like saying "you think we will eat that watered down crap - even cooked in a skillet on the stove?"
    Ron - that reminds me of the time I made your banana bread recipe and read that it called for “one stick” of butter. Only “stick of butter” I’d ever seen were the 16oz blocks sold in my area, one of which I had in the fridge. Used this in its entirety rather than the 4oz that were actually intended. Knew something was up when the bread was erupting like an oily volcano towards the end of the cook. No one could claim that it turned out dry!!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have a supernatural knack for pissing caliqueen off. Without even trying.

Hers is that she puts up with me. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    I talk very inappropriately during all sudden silences.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2021
    RRP said:
    Wolfpack said:
    Boiling water on the egg
    We’ve all done some pretty boneheaded things in our time.  The key thing is being able to look back and laugh at them. Like that time I picked up that hitcher carrying a dead girl in a bag!
  • PigBeanUs
    I talk very inappropriately during all sudden silences.
    That’s called a f*rt
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

My super power is to talk with lots of confidence about certain things, and also mis-remember most facts.  My family now calls them "Jeff facts", and warns folks to look up things after talking with me.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • PigBeanUs
    edited May 2021

My super power is to talk with lots of confidence about certain things, and also mis-remember most facts.  My family now calls them "Jeff facts", and warns folks to look up things after talking with me.
    I already took this one.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited May 2021
    I gave it serious thought.  My true super power is escalating situations.

I can make a bad situation worse, and a make a mountain where there wasn't even a mole hill. I sometimes do it for fun, but sometimes I am like Cyclops without his special sunglasses.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    Innate ability to not post pictures of food on the webz.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• PigBeanUs said:

I already took this one.
    I thought your superpower was rotting meat to the point of delicacy. That and breathing pretentiously. 
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Faking it til I make it.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited May 2021

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I seem to have the ability to walk into a bar, and the band will be wrapping up a set, and taking an extended break. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    not my superpower but a girlfriend back circa 1983 i affectionately nicknamed HUNN is still ranting about me all this time. had not known this til about a week ago. maybe that was MY superpower
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Ability to slow down whichever line I pick
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    not my superpower but a girlfriend back circa 1983 i affectionately nicknamed HUNN is still ranting about me all this time. had not known this til about a week ago. maybe that was MY superpower
    Did "HUNN" stand for something?  Like HUman Nut Nurse?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674

typo.... HUN as in attilla.  ive heard some stories over the years but never knew it got this bad. fishing with most of the old 70's group that hung around back then in a few weeks. its weird, i still see most of her family from time to time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Hide under numerous napkins?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Uncanny ability to spot frickin bass boats in my neighbors yard/driveway and call the HOA Po-Po.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Inability to name one... since I try to be jack of many trades but mediocre at best at any and make a jackass of myself  :)
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Common sense. Much like highlander there used to be many of us, unfortunately now there are only a few remaining.
    It's a real shame how we started decapitating people with common sense.