Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your superpower?

Options
13»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    ^^^^ this is what I am talking about ^^^^
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Uncanny ability to spot frickin bass boats in my neighbors yard/driveway and call the HOA Po-Po.
    I too share in this powerful burden. It is a long road we walk, but we must for justice doesn't sleep. Do you also have Costco Return superpowers? Maybe we are both from the same lab.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    Uncanny ability to spot frickin bass boats in my neighbors yard/driveway and call the HOA Po-Po.
    I too share in this powerful burden. It is a long road we walk, but we must for justice doesn't sleep. Do you also have Costco Return superpowers? Maybe we are both from the same lab.
    A definite no on the Costco superpower, the only thing I buy from them is meat and wine, neither hangs around for long.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Common sense. Much like highlander there used to be many of us, unfortunately now there are only a few remaining.
    It's a real shame how we started decapitating people with common sense.  
    My friend went to the local park with his friend who has down syndrome (teen) last week. They were alone in the park when a lady and who appeared to maybe be her granddaughter joined them. The next thing you know the lady comes screaming up to my friend saying that his friend just peed down the slide. (He didn't) It rained the whole night prior. She wouldn't let it go. My friend and his friend walked away. They moved over to the merry-go-round. The lady comes screaming over at them saying that it's unsanitary to let him keep playing on the playground. My friend told her that she needs to leave him alone and to stop harassing them. My friend said you obviously don't know how the male anatomy works. (His shorts were dry in front and had water marks on his back shorts and back shirt from the rain water down the slide) She claimed she was in childcare and demanded to smell his shorts! My friend held his cool but made it clear that he wasn't going to take her harassment any more. She called the cops on the down syndrome kid. The funny part is the cops refused to follow up on the call. 

Common sense and staying out of other people's business is hard for some nowadays....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Common sense. Much like highlander there used to be many of us, unfortunately now there are only a few remaining.
    It's a real shame how we started decapitating people with common sense.  
    My friend went to the local park with his friend who has down syndrome (teen) last week. They were alone in the park when a lady and who appeared to maybe be her granddaughter joined them. The next thing you know the lady comes screaming up to my friend saying that his friend just peed down the slide. (He didn't) It rained the whole night prior. She wouldn't let it go. My friend and his friend walked away. They moved over to the merry-go-round. The lady comes screaming over at them saying that it's unsanitary to let him keep playing on the playground. My friend told her that she needs to leave him alone and to stop harassing them. My friend said you obviously don't know how the male anatomy works. (His shorts were dry in front and had water marks on his back shorts and back shirt from the rain water down the slide) She claimed she was in childcare and demanded to smell his shorts! My friend held his cool but made it clear that he wasn't going to take her harassment any more. She called the cops on the down syndrome kid. The funny part is the cops refused to follow up on the call. 

Common sense and staying out of other people's business is hard for some nowadays....
    As a sibling of a special needs person, your friend gets a gold star. People are idiots. His super power is supreme patience. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    WeberWho said:

What an idiot!  Good for the cops - to bad that can’t cite people for being moroons.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    Options
    I have the uncanny ability to piss off Petunia by merely existing. The force is strong with that one.
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HogFather said:
    I have the uncanny ability to piss off Petunia by merely existing. The force is strong with that one.
    I think you are *VASTLY* underestimating your super-powers. ;)

Options
    I have a really big penis. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have a really big penis. 
    You do, but they are much more impressive to the ladies when they're not attached to your neck.

Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    No superpowers.  Just a regular guy.  Very regular.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That's what they said about Popeye.

That's what they said about Popeye.

They never show you the after from all that tinned spinach.
  • JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    The ability to find the one bit of water fish will never swim in at any given time. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    The ability to find the one bit of water fish will never swim in at any given time. 
    I gave up fishing in my early 20's as I was tired of other people telling me, "Oh, you shoulda been here yesterday!"  :anguished:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Botch said:
    I gave up fishing in my early 20's as I was tired of other people telling me, "Oh, you shoulda been here yesterday!"  :anguished:
    Living where you do then you might not understand how that also applies to us morel mushroom hunters who only come home full of ticks! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    Living where you do then you might not understand how that also applies to us morel mushroom hunters who only come home full of ticks! 
    :lol:
    Not a mushroom hunter (love cooking with them) but I know exactly what you mean!  I spent many summers in northern Minnesota, and many more here in the Rockies, chasing photographs and shaking my coat/hat off (and brushing my hair) to rid myself of the damn things, before jumping back into the truck.  The bad thing is that the Rocky version carry Lyme disease (and I know of two suicides from that).  

I've only had one embedded tick.  There is a 2"-square patch of skin in the center of my back, that I can't reach with either arm, from any direction; so, you know where that little f*cker burrowed in.  Could see him in my mirror, and didn't want to go into Sick Call to have someone else get him.  Took a long hot shower, then was able to grab him with a long-nose pliers, looking thru two mirrors.  Eventually.  

Ah, the enchanting detours of a barbeque forum... :D  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Remembering stupid sheet from 20 years ago but not what happened 5 minutes ago. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Power to overcome the temptation of finishing a project.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • RRP
    Options
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    :lol:
    Not a mushroom hunter (love cooking with them) but I know exactly what you mean!  I spent many summers in northern Minnesota, and many more here in the Rockies, chasing photographs and shaking my coat/hat off (and brushing my hair) to rid myself of the damn things, before jumping back into the truck.  The bad thing is that the Rocky version carry Lyme disease (and I know of two suicides from that).  

I've only had one embedded tick.  There is a 2"-square patch of skin in the center of my back, that I can't reach with either arm, from any direction; so, you know where that little f*cker burrowed in.  Could see him in my mirror, and didn't want to go into Sick Call to have someone else get him.  Took a long hot shower, then was able to grab him with a long-nose pliers, looking thru two mirrors.  Eventually.  

Ah, the enchanting detours of a barbeque forum... :D  
    Not as un-tasteful as some discussions that pop up here! 

I always place a flea and tick collar on my Westie even though my vet says they don’t work (while she says those $6 collars don’t work she only wants to sell me a $75 alternative :D ... ) but these collars work for me...but my barber always asks “what is THAT thing?”  =)
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I also have great facial-recognition. I also unfortunately lack the ability to remember names. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options
    I never forget an orifice. 
    California
  • RRP
    Options
    Remembering stupid sheet from 20 years ago but not what happened 5 minutes ago. 
    While I am 76, soon to be 77 I can remember stuff that make most people even doubt me so then I have to add some kind of refresher to even that! Then if that doesn’t work I just quit! This memory trait is something I inherited from my Mother. Unfortunately Mom could remember very hurtful comments, events etc seemingly from all of her life and she lived to age 96. Many times the hurtful perps would say Mom just “wouldn’t let IT go”...  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Tip2Tip said:
    I never forget an orifice. 
    Must be tough not forgetting your mom's orifice.