Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• avoid early CBS fenders unless they mistakenly made a decent one.

That’s a given. The ones I’ve been mulling over are all between 1960 and 1962. This being said, I knew a SERIOUS collector who stated that even some within this timeframe could still be “real dogs.”
  • Got my sink!  Will Install next day or two.
    Love the size and rack on the bottom. Good choice. For your home kitchen? Wifey and I were just talking about how we miss the big, deep sink from our old house. Our current place features what is very likely to be the original kitchen from the 50s, including a tiny little sink. We plan a reno in the next few years and will ensure we equip it with a nice, spacious sink. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    25 bags of mulch, 10 bags of topsoil. Exactly half of what I’ll need for the flower beds. This gets the social side done.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Spray on bug remover and one habanero pepper plant. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Got my sink!  Will Install next day or two.
     Very similar to but larger than ours. Wish we got drop in instead of undermount which can detach although we haven't experienced that problem yet. Rounded seams are easy to clean but the bottom rack is pita to clean.
    canuckland
  • The stuff dreams are made of

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hmmmm....measured the inside of the old sink.  Skirt filled a bigger hole from and even older sink.  Will have to get some SS to gasket it.
    That’s frustrating 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    That is how a kitchen upgrade happens. First you replace the counter with stainless because "easier to keep clean and sterilize and it can be cut to fit the new sink, right? Then "Ooh - Under the counter lights - uhm what color matches the refrigerator. Dang they don't have that color light in LED. Guess we need a new refer...... and so it goes"
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    SamIAm2 said:
    That is how a kitchen upgrade happens. First you replace the counter with stainless because "easier to keep clean and sterilize and it can be cut to fit the new sink, right? Then "Ooh - Under the counter lights - uhm what color matches the refrigerator. Dang they don't have that color light in LED. Guess we need a new refer...... and so it goes"

You are so right about that!
    That's how our last house got remodeled. Started with painting kitchen cabinets, which snowballed into new counter tops and appliances. Which then led to a bathroom remodel and new trim throughout the house...lol Whatever keeps the little lady happy, right?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,672
    Hmmmm....measured the inside of the old sink.  Skirt filled a bigger hole from and even older sink.  Will have to get some SS to gasket it.

some how nobody would notice that in my kitchen =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    ColtsFan said:
    SamIAm2 said:

You are so right about that!
    That's how our last house got remodeled. Started with painting kitchen cabinets, which snowballed into new counter tops and appliances. Which then led to a bathroom remodel and new trim throughout the house...lol Whatever keeps the little lady happy, right?
    My last house. . . started picking out a wood floor so that all the main floor rooms would match.  Well 1.5 years of construction later - the house was doubled in size and everything inside and out was new.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    I bought a house for $61 a Sq ft that was a gut. We renovated completely on a “loose budget”. 10 years later and about $250,000, it’s time for cosmetic updates. Ain’t looking forward to it 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Not buying one, but going thru the hellish process of moving personal and business accounts to a different bank. Makes me want to keep my cash in a mattress 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fishlessman
    TTC said:
    Not buying one, but going thru the hellish process of moving personal and business accounts to a different bank. Makes me want to keep my cash in a mattress 

the bank girl running my business stuff right now, ppp loans and forgiveness was selling lotto tickets where i buy my gas, less than a year ago. builds confidence, doesnt it
    fukahwee maine

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    My problem is I want it both ways. I want the service from a smaller community bank, but I know every community banker in town and I don’t want them knowing my business. So I’m left with regional or national banks who could care less and struggle with basic execution 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fishlessman
    TTC said:
    My problem is I want it both ways. I want the service from a smaller community bank, but I know every community banker in town and I don’t want them knowing my business. So I’m left with regional or national banks who could care less and struggle with basic execution 

i keep personal with one bank, business in another. a bit of a pain but less frustrating trying to keep everything separated with one bank. both screw up at times
    fukahwee maine

• Trying to talk myself out of buying a new F-150.  Just priced what my old F-150 is worth.  My goodness trade ins are like gold right now.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Trying to talk myself out of buying a new F-150.  Just priced what my old F-150 is worth.  My goodness trade ins are like gold right now.  
    The lots here are bare.  I guess the global supply chain is bow-fiddle tight right now.  They have resorted to filling the first row at the dealer by my house, and leaving the back rows nearly empty.  New cars/trucks are a bit scarce right now.

https://www.greatstuff.dupont.com/
    Clinton, Iowa
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2021
    Going out on a limb here, but can you return the sink for one that fits? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang
    Trying to talk myself out of buying a new F-150.  Just priced what my old F-150 is worth.  My goodness trade ins are like gold right now.  
    They gave my brother more for his gas 2500HD that was a 2014 than he paid for it brand new. His new F150 Lariat is nice. My next truck won’t be a GM product 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2021
    My father-in-law just retired amicable from GM after 30+ years and said the same thing. He drives a F-250. Maybe it's seeing how the sausage is made, but he wasn't hot on GM's quality at the end. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLang said:
    They gave my brother more for his gas 2500HD that was a 2014 than he paid for it brand new. His new F150 Lariat is nice. My next truck won’t be a GM product 
    Yeah I priced mine on Carmax and they are offering me 25,500 for it.  It has almost 80k miles on it.  I don't see how I can pass this up.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Finally broke down and got a basket for the rotisserie. Ready for wings and charred Brussel sprouts!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SonVolt said:

It was $150 on Amazon, PITA to send back and I already threw the box away. 

I went ahead and split the difference in the gap.  Have it glued in, letting that cure and will use a little stainless-steel caulk to cover up the seam.

This is a temporary thing until we do a major kitchen renovation sometime in the next 5 years.

I'll shoot a pic when I'm done with this.  You won't be able to tell the hole was bigger than the sink.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SonVolt said:

It was $150 on Amazon, PITA to send back and I already threw the box away. 

I went ahead and split the difference in the gap.  Have it glued in, letting that cure and will use a little stainless-steel caulk to cover up the seam.

This is a temporary thing until we do a major kitchen renovation sometime in the next 5 years.

I'll shoot a pic when I'm done with this.  You won't be able to tell the hole was bigger than the sink.
    Show your work.