Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Acn said:

That is quite a score right there.  You must have great connections to get that.  Let us know how you like it.  Better to be lucky than good!  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Acn said:

A unicorn! Nice find
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I do, installed and done.
    Was just surprised by the retroactive purchase post. Most folks likely would have posted the purchased item prior to installation. But I know you beat the drum to your own rhythm. 🙂

Carey on. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Was just surprised by the retroactive purchase post. Most folks likely would have posted the purchased item prior to installation. But I know you beat the drum to your own rhythm. 🙂

Carey on. 
    Installed.  Days later: ryantt - I bought this, which one did you buy?  I post link.  (Ensuing bedlam and confusion)
    Options
    Eoin said:
    RyanStl said:
    We got different brands. Hope they both work fine.  I was surprised to read reviews of some other sinks rusting. I have never seen a kitchen sink rust.
    Somtimes stainless steel can show signs of rust. Usually, this is from the manufacturing process where a steel die will be used to press the sink. Traces of (non-stainless) steel will be on the surface and will then show as rust tarnishing. Some vinegar is all that's needed to remove it.
    Some of the "16 gauge" sinks rust.  Inferior alloy of stainless.  I read avoid the 16 gauge, stick with 18.  But mine is heavy AF and seems like 18.  Got good reviews and we love it so far.  First world problems.  I'm not that picky as long as I wake up alive each morning.

I went with 16, thinking the thicker the better. I'm several weeks away from install though.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    As previously posted, bought a heavy duty floor jack from Costco. Problem lo is I can't bear the thought of getting rid of the old one, literally took it to the curb and brought it back twice  :)

Chatted with @nolaegghead and he pointed me to a great online video on how to fill and bleed, also checked few other similar ones. I was also missing the oil fill plug. Took a chance and ordered these fairly common 8mm mushroom caps that come in pack of 12 from Amazon, thankfully it fits!

So far so good, raises full height per specs, no squeak, no leak and no sinking. 

Thanks Carey for the assist. It's the only repair/maintenance needed in probably 20-25 years, what do I do with 200 years' supply of 8mm mushroom caps? 😂

Needless to say, the new one is going back to Costco. And no, the mushroom caps are NOT going back to Amazon.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    2 things:

1) new company hats. Got some really terrible ones from a local company that I regret even paying for

2) 1 stock share in the local country club. Membership effective Sunday. Golf, tennis and a pool, along with dining and summer camps for the kiddos
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Hold my beer

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    2 things:

1) new company hats. Got some really terrible ones from a local company that I regret even paying for

2) 1 stock share in the local country club. Membership effective Sunday. Golf, tennis and a pool, along with dining and summer camps for the kiddos
    1) pictures please?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    New leaf blower. Exciting times!
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Legume said:
    I just bought one as well.  $269 bones from Lowes.  I got the Ego no cord and 180MPH on Turbo!  makes things so much easier without the cord!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    I just bought one as well.  $269 bones from Lowes.  I got the Ego no cord and 180MPH on Turbo!  makes things so much easier without the cord!!
    I bought an Ego as well, just a slower model.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    2 things:

1) pictures please?

But on a FlexFit trucker style instead of this used looking hat they sent the mock-up on. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Let me know where to get one @ColbyLang
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Let me know where to get one @ColbyLang
    10-4. Still waiting on final mock-ups. Paid deposit. We’re debating between a 2” and 2.25” patch. I don’t want it to look too small and lose the detail of the logo
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I think this could be my build, unless someone else ordered a double-sided smoker. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Nice beads
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Picked this up for $35.  The original, never duplicated, Walking Lawn Sprinkler.  Built like a tank by National Manufacturing in Lincoln, NE.
    This is the big boy model B3

Nice!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Picked this up for $35.  The original, never duplicated, Walking Lawn Sprinkler.  Built like a tank by National Manufacturing in Lincoln, NE.

Agree, nice find. I was looking at these last year and they are expensive. I settled for the plastic gear yellow tractor. I love it.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Well, there went two hours I will never get back.  I live in an apartment and have no yard, but now I feel the need to buy a vintage sprinkler!  That is very cool!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I think this could be my build, unless someone else ordered a double-sided smoker. 

Tyler just replied that it, is in fact, my cooker.  

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My trailer is heading home from Beaumont...it'll be like Christmas!
    Options
    Picked up some sale items....

@Canugghead

I think this thread should be renamed to: “How Nola is enjoying his disposable income.”
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    My trailer is heading home from Beaumont...it'll be like Christmas!
    We can all see Satan's Tail in the photographer's shadow.  I'm leaving the forum and burning my laptop, now.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month