Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    where does the wad of cash go?
    Less than 10% of people actually carry cash these days. My father on the other hand, has never used a debit card/ATM card in his life. Old school money clip front pocket
    I carry cards but, like your father (and like mine), also carry some cash in a (Swiss Army) money clip in the front pocket. Love that money clip. Has come in handy on so many occasions and is small enough that it is non-threatening. I don’t even know it’s in my pocket. The only downside is that I always need to make a concerted effort to swap it for a regular money clip ahead of flights. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

It’s been years since I’ve seen Canadian currency.  Is that... Queen Elizabeth?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    John- wait till you see/feel the new plastic bills
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I’m not sure when I’ll next have US currency.  I never carry any cash.  Not because of any real preference one way or the other on my side, I just never find the need for it these days.  We even pay the neighborhood kid who babysits for us with Venmo.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My father on the other hand, has never used a debit card/ATM card in his life. Old school money clip front pocket
    How did your father make out during the worst of the pandemic?  There were some places around here that wouldn't accept cash.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    My father on the other hand, has never used a debit card/ATM card in his life. Old school money clip front pocket
    How did your father make out during the worst of the pandemic?  There were some places around here that wouldn't accept cash.  
    Zero issues. He has a old school house account at his local grocery store. He could email them an order, they’d email when it was ready. He’d pull up and they would load it, charging it to his account. I don’t mean that he has zero cards, just no debit or ATM. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

You can opt for clip or strap with the ridge.   This is titanium.  There are now knock offs for 15 bucks.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Stopped by Atlanta Hobby on the way home from the skate park with my son to get him his first real rc car. This thing is really fun.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Lit said:
    Stopped by Atlanta Hobby on the way home from the skate park with my son to get him his first real rc car. This thing is really fun.
    Really cool. I bet he will have a lot of fun.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Lit said:

We have a couple.  Need to get them fixed.  We've done some upgrades. Would like the xmaxx that thing is a beast! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    My first plastic loonie was a pretty big surprise, especially the clear/see-thru section.  Was in Waterton Nat'l Park photographing bears and eating poutine (two years ago?)  

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Lit said:

We have a couple.  Need to get them fixed.  We've done some upgrades. Would like the xmaxx that thing is a beast! 
    They are crazy. This is a beginner one and it flies. Love how it has different modes. Racing mode it will do a backflip if you squeeze the trigger but training mode it wont even pull a wheelie but will still run 20 plus. My boy is only 4 so it works great for him. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

It’s been years since I’ve seen Canadian currency.  Is that... Queen Elizabeth?
    Sure is. Just one of the many privileges of being a part of the Commonwealth. 🙃

At least her stern and disapproving face deters me from foolish purchases. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Congratulations nice looking ride. Safe travels..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sweet ride!
    Options
    Friend of mine gave me this sheet panel lift.  Free!
    Options
    And works sideways
    Options
    And works sideways
    That's for sheetrocking the walls.  :D  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Replacing my 20+ yo 3.5 ton Craftsman floor jack (it got sluggish and I messed up trying to fix it  :)

I bought that same exact floor jack maybe 4 years ago.  It was on sale at Costco.  Has some aluminum in it, still heavy, but zero problems so far.

wimp  =)

canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Lit said:
    kl8ton said:
    Lit said:

They are crazy. This is a beginner one and it flies. Love how it has different modes. Racing mode it will do a backflip if you squeeze the trigger but training mode it wont even pull a wheelie but will still run 20 plus. My boy is only 4 so it works great for him. 

I've had several RC trucks through the years. Mostly nitro powered. They are a lot of fun! Ironically, I was looking at the Revo 3.3 nitro the other day online. Getting the itch again
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    edited April 2021
    Options

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Friend of mine gave me this sheet panel lift.  Free!
    By definition, this *free* acquisition does not meet the criteria for this thread. Just sayin’. 😉

Still cool though!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Illumination for the patio, mounted around perimeter of a pergola.  I'm typically not a fan of home "smart-devices", but got swayed by these.  From a phone app you can control brightness, a full spectrum of white color temps and any color of the rainbow.  18 bulbs on a 36' string, $70. at Costco.
    Waiting on darkness to see what they do.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Spent the afternoon buying the VW.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Illumination for the patio, mounted around perimeter of a pergola.  I'm typically not a fan of home "smart-devices", but got swayed by these.  From a phone app you can control brightness, a full spectrum of white color temps and any color of the rainbow.  18 bulbs on a 36' string, $70. at Costco.
    Waiting on darkness to see what they do.

Keep us posted as I am in the market
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Is it the same as here where the buying process involves informing you of all of the important additional things you 'need' like finance, gap insurance, wheel and tyre insurance etc.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Is it the same as here where the buying process involves informing you of all of the important additional things you 'need' like finance, gap insurance, wheel and tyre insurance etc.
    Yep, but I let them stretch it out because my new vehicle was charging all the while on their electricity. I didn’t buy all of the extra insurance, maintenance plans etc. My down payment and trade in were more than sufficient to make gap insurance a waste of money. I did let them finance it at 3% for the remainder though.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    This topic is costing me as much money as Big Green Egg accessories.  Just had to buy a Trayvax wallet and now want to buy string lights at Costco!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX