Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crawfish Boil - April 17th

I just thought of this today.

My shop, April 17th.  (Unless local restrictions change and I can't do it or there's some major issue with crawfish supply)  3PM CST

Don't show up if you're sick or unvaccinated.

Prices should have dropped below $2/lb which is my threshold for throwing a boil (because I'm a cheap bastard!).

BYOB, RSVP, XYZPDQ, ETC

I haven't boiled crawfish in over a year and I'm John Jonesing to fire up my boiler again.

I'll probably be smoking some brisket, cooking gumbo, Jambalaya, frying stuff or something also.

There's plenty of parking, big outside area and the inside will be well ventilated.  I'll try to get some live entertainment (Henrik and ????).

@lousubcap I'll invite Linda for sure.

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited March 2021
    Checking with my kid to see if he’s in. I’ve got a credit with SWA from last year and he has a ton of hotel points. Both fully vaccinated.

EDIT: Also depends on how the knee is doing - going back to the OR on Tuesday for a “Manipulation Under Anesthesia,” or MUA to break up scar tissue. ROM is only at 90 degrees and today is 12 weeks post-op.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2021
    I’m currently working night shift at Chevron. However I am suppose to be finished in about 2 weeks. If that is the case me and the Party Monster will load up in the Welfare Wagon and head over. He has actually been asking when we would go see you again. This would be a good time 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Game on-Flights booked.  I will deal with the remainder later.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @lousubcap Henrik is in, so he will automatically invite Linda (hopefully she's vaccinated).

@SGH awesome, Scottie!  I miss you and party monster.  Maybe we can get him to lift and move some heavy objects around the shop!

@CTMike - would love to have you down here again, best of hope for knee health!
    Just hit a friends boil last weekend 
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • SGH
    @SGH awesome, Scottie!  I miss you and party monster.  Maybe we can get him to lift and move some heavy objects around the shop!
    He is a very hard worker. You just have to catch him before he gets drunk, high or both. Other than that it’s no problem 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited March 2021
    I got 4 fresh pork bowels we can through in the boil 👍

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Sure, but at the "end" of the boil....
    Sure, but at the "end" of the boil....
    😱

Status- Standing by.

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I really want to attend a forum gtg 

Is NC happening? Is that a spring event? 
    Brisket camp in October? 

I may be able to wander down for this but not too likely.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    No butt blast.  Brisket camp is on.

The crawfish boil is not really worth the trip unless you just need an excuse to get out of Dodge and hang in New Orleans.  
    @nolaegghead - I resemble that remark... B)  But no excuse here unless the following counts:  Road tripped to Central Texas to eat that elusive brisket and since I'm on a chargrilled oyster kick I have been contemplating a run to enjoy Drago's.  The crawfish boil is enough to seal the deal.  That plus the Linda hook!   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    My second dose is 4-13. Hmmmm...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    dmchicago said:
    My second dose is 4-13. Hmmmm...
    You are good.
    Never had crawfish in any form  :s
    very tempting if it wasn't so far from NE Kansas
    too cheap to fly, too far to drive (for me)
    nice gesture though
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    Shameless bump for visibility purposes.  
  • lousubcap
    Asheville does have some great local beers.  Enjoy @MotownVol.  Great reverse flip on the birthday!  Well played.  
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Currently looks like my wife and I are going to make the drive down. Haven’t road tripped since BB2018 and have had a hankering for crawfish ever since. Both fully vaccinated.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    MotownVol said:
    April 17th is the wife’s birthday and would love to attend, but I am taking her to a cabin in the mountains for the weekend.  She gets to watch me drink a bunch of Asheville brewery beers.
    Ever had a Asheville Brewing Company Shiva? One of my favorites. Enjoy yourself. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Yep.  Took my daughter to the SoCon basketball tournament right before the Covid shut down last year and we spent an evening at Asheville Brewing Company.  Great pizza too.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • lousubcap
    Shameless bump for visibility.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    No butt blast.  Brisket camp is on.

The crawfish boil is not really worth the trip unless you just need an excuse to get out of Dodge and hang in New Orleans.  
    @nolaegghead , do you have a date bor Brisket Camp yet ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    @lkapigian just about.  I'll cement it down soon.
    edited April 2021
    So @lousubcap will be here.  @SGH and @Thatgrimguy have been discussing it, along with Party Monster.  @DMW is trying to make it.  Hope to see @tonytiger @buzd504 and @nolabrew@CTMike will make if the medical stars align.

Good chance Linda will be there.  "Red Girl" (aka Deven) will be there. 

Henrik said he'll play guitar and he thinks he'll bring along a bad-ass accordion player that just moved into the area.

I don't know what kind of sports stuff will coincide, but I have a couple TVs there and internet for streaming. 

I have a men's and woman's bathroom and some hoses if anyone needs a NC mountain @piney shower.

Clothes are optional but encouraged.  Vaccination is mandatory, but I'm going to allow anyone with a theoretical protection above the Johnson and Johnson level to attend. So if you are 3 weeks past your first Moderna or just got your second shot, whatever that 75% level is, you're good. 

Masks are not required.  Kids are not allowed (nasty little disease spreaders). 

Plenty of refuge from bad weather, so bad weather won't impact this at all.  I have 5000 square foot of inside and I'll throw up some pop-ups outside.

BYOB, DTF, RSVP, XYZPDQ, etc, et al....

...almost forgot to mention....I only have one cowbell.  So I would ask everyone take turns with it in an orderly, considerate fashion.  We're civilized humans, not animals, for Pete's sake.

Use more cowbell  Just for laughs Make me laugh Quotes and notes
    I’m confirmed fully vaccinated so looking good. 👍
    NOLA
  • lousubcap
    @nolaegghead - F any concerns with the sports stuff.  "I don't know what kind of sports stuff will coincide, but I have a couple TVs there and internet for streaming."  I am quite sure all in attendance are there for the enjoyment of the occasion.  
    A great time will be experienced by all.  And if not, then it's your own da-n fault!
    Many thanks for making this happen.  
    See ya April 17th-