Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    reread my paperwork, im now on a list to be put on a list and in several weeks i can book an appointment for a later date

O Canada!
    Our home and native land!

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    #2 Pfizer me and SWMBO on Friday. Date night 2021, my how things change.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    #2 Pfizer me and SWMBO on Friday. Date night 2021, my how things change.
    Whole lotta pokin' goin on!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Word on the street here is that NC will open up vaccinations to everyone starting sometime in early April.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Word on the street here is that NC will open up vaccinations to everyone starting sometime in early April.

i think theres too many up here in line wanting it. im eligible now as a medical supplier and still cant get an appointment, every thing is booked. my eligibility goes up april 5 with 55 and over as well as being fat as a medical condition on the mass list and still dont see getting it. new hampshire can pretty much just book it at the local mall
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

i think theres too many up here in line wanting it. im eligible now as a medical supplier and still cant get an appointment, every thing is booked. my eligibility goes up april 5 with 55 and over as well as being fat as a medical condition on the mass list and still dont see getting it. new hampshire can pretty much just book it at the local mall
    A big driver down here in the south is (unfortunately) a lack of demand for those who are eligible.  That's why a lot of states are opening up access.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    got my ...im still on the list...email from mass.com. thats exciting

do a search for places taking appointments online and here is the result for the state....No locations match this criteria.

fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,299
    Options
    There are easily 15,000 open first  appointments at the state run drive through clinics. that doesn't count all of the pharmacies, medical clinics, etc. That is in a state of 3 million people. The non takers are pretty evenly split between male Trump voters and minority Biden voters. I don't know what we can do about it until the employers break out the sticks "you will be vaccinated or unemployed". Same for travel, airlines, hotels, etc.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

The non takers are pretty evenly split between male Trump voters and minority Biden voters. 
    Where did you see that? Are you talking nationally or just in your state?

The most recent national polling data I’ve seen indicated the breakdown largely followed by party (with the obvious guess as to which way), as opposed to some kind of an equal split.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

The non takers are pretty evenly split between male Trump voters and minority Biden voters. 

The most recent national polling data I’ve seen indicated the breakdown largely followed by party (with the obvious guess as to which way), as opposed to some kind of an equal split.
    My state specifically, the local news, the number of untaken first vaccination appointments on my State vaccine website and their location ( real high in the Delta counties) , USA Today. Take your pick.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

My state specifically, the local news, the number of untaken first vaccination appointments on my State vaccine website and their location ( real high in the Delta counties) , USA Today. Take your pick.
    Well if there's a USA Today article you can point me to, sure, I'll take a look.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Well if there's a USA Today article you can point me to, sure, I'll take a look.
    Not my job to be your TA. Btw it was multiple separate articles some about minority vaccine resistance , some about Republican male vaccine resistance. After the family reunion today I can probably add more comments about the later case.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Not my job to be your TA. Btw it was multiple separate articles some about minority vaccine resistance , some about Republican male vaccine resistance. After the family reunion today I can probably add more comments about the later case.
    LOL

You are the one who mentioned USA Today.  I just assumed because you had, that you could point to a particular article.  I guess not.  

To be clear, I am not questioning the idea that there is resistance to the vaccine within certain minority populations.  I think that's been well documented.  What I am questioning is that it's "pretty evenly split".  I haven't seen anything that would suggest that on the national level, and was just asking for evidence to support it on your state level.  But if you don't have that at hand, I'm not surprised.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I published the url of our state website earlier in this thread. It breaks down available appointments by county . Delta counties have the most outstanding appts. Delta counties are comprised of a minority of working class whites and a majority of blacks. You can break down the percentages yourself. I read the USA Today on dead trees, work the crossword (in ink) then put them in the recycling bin. Then there is the local paper, the main state paper, the local news. Research it yourself.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I published the url of our state website earlier in this thread. It breaks down available appointments by county . Delta counties have the most outstanding appts. Delta counties are comprised of a minority of working class whites and a majority of blacks. You can break down the percentages yourself. I read the USA Today on dead trees, work the crossword (in ink) then put them in the recycling bin. Then there is the local paper, the main state paper, the local news. Research it yourself.
    Good Lord.

You: the sky is actually half orange and half blue.

Me: what?  Where’s your evidence for that?  

You: the dog ate my homework, so you’ll have to research it yourself!

If you can’t back up your claims, then maybe think twice about making them in the first place.  Or don’t be surprised when they’re challenged.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    The "in ink" flex is worth the whole thread.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    The "in ink" flex is worth the whole thread.

I actually audibly chortled at that. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Good Lord.

If you can’t back up your claims, then maybe think twice about making them in the first place.  Or don’t be surprised when they’re challenged.
    I owe you no evidence, no proof, no explanation. I am not your teaching assistant or your student. If you don’t believe what I say that is your privilege. Just as it’s your privilege to prove me wrong. Feel free to not respond to my posts.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Good Lord.

I owe you no evidence, no proof, no explanation. I am not your teaching assistant or your student. If you don’t believe what I say that is your privilege. Just as it’s your privilege to prove me wrong. Feel free to not respond to my posts.
    Yes, you are right.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
     Little Steven said:
    Lest anyone be offended by this post, it is intended to be a parody of a stereotypical troll post containing satire and irony and is in no way serious or meant to be offensive....well, maybe a little offensive.
    I for one can remember when this was a much more friendlier place.

canuckland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I got my 1st Pfizer shot last Wednesday. Didn't even feel it. Sore arm for the next 24hrs but nothing to it. 2nd round scheduled for April 14th. I will admit I was a bit apprehensive going in and it didn't help that paramedics were wheeling someone out on a stretcher. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    Options
    girl i know had a coworker die this weekend, 30 years old. how are banks not essential or is that just here
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Pennsylvania has more old folks per capita than the nat'l average, so we are not getting enough vaccine to be generous with the young (under 65) folk. Who knows when we'll get past the 1A group at this rate.

Picked the wrong d@mn time to lose weight and get healthy.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Pennsylvania has more old folks per capita than the nat'l average, so we are not getting enough vaccine to be generous with the young (under 65) folk. Who knows when we'll get past the 1A group at this rate.

Picked the wrong d@mn time to lose weight and get healthy.

mass opened it up to certain workers, medical supply chain and waste sanitation got me in but the age is 60 and two medical conditions. i drank just enough this winter to hit a bmi just a tad over 30. im less than 60 and dont have two conditions so the mass vax site has been useless to me. the stop and shop supermarket had a cancellation so im in tomorrow. our problem is everyone here is pretty much inline, not many nonvaxxers. hospitals are pretty much booked for months, every cvs in the state is fully booked for a month or more, searching for cancellations is pretty much the only way here to get an appointment
    fukahwee maine

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Episode #49 of the Osterholm Covid-19 update is available here:https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/podcasts-webinars/episode49

Discuss rising COVID-19 cases across much of the world, the apparent regional pattern of activity in the US, and WHO's report on the potential origin of SARS-CoV-2.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    An article from Apple News this morning said that the US reached 4 million vaccinations over 24 hours. They were quoting a CNN article. It will be nice if they can maintain or even improve that rate. Besides the mortality the economic costs have been horrendous. The last two sentences are personal opinion.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    just got appointments for the whole work crew thru contractor permits, will be tomorrow and wednesday
    fukahwee maine