Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest

Options
Registration is open for the 10th Annual Georgia Mountain Eggfest on May 15th in Hiawassee, GA. The demo eggs are now available to pre-buy at the lowest prices in 6 years. There are a few cook's spots available as well. Get registered soon at: https://georgiamountainfairgrounds.com/localevents/eggfest

Comments

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    What are the precautions? I'd love to come. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I paid more for my Large 11 years ago! 

Those are some great prices.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Elijah said:
    The only precaution is to use a little common sense......it's an outdoor event.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    Common sense isn't common. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    egret said:
    Elijah said:
    I'd assume masks will still be required?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    egret said:
    Elijah said:
    I'd assume masks will still be required?
    Optional, not required........
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I will refrain from commenting on the "masking optional" deal other than to say...why optional (and a follow-up)??  This covid deal is science-outdoor or not...we are far from anything close to declaring victory and likely not there til the end of the summer, if lucky and we don't further hose this up which the recent track record indicates we will!
    Be well-
    (Edit:  I recall from a prior life that it is much easier to relax the rules than it is to tighten them up-food for thought.)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    More like the Georgia Mountain Superspreader Fest, right fellas?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Still claims they get visitors from GWN, the northern wall is not opening for non-essential travels any time soon and I hope it stays that way.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    Still claims they get visitors from GWN, the northern wall is not opening for non-essential travels any time soon and I hope it stays that way.

That is a pretty ignorant statement. If you don't like Americans you are probably hanging out in on the wrong forum.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Options

That is a pretty ignorant statement. If you don't like Americans you are probably hanging out in on the wrong forum.
    I like Americans who are not ignorant of science. Guess many other countries are ignorant for banning travellers from US.
    canuckland
  • RealDonaldTrump
    Options
    There's some dummies here
    I have a MiniMax on my golf cart
    Florida

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options

I like Americans who are not ignorant of science. Guess many other countries are ignorant for banning travellers from US.

Sorry, I guess I miss read you qoute. "the northern wall is not opening for non-essential travels any time soon and I hope it stays that way" 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Buckshot74
    Options
    I hope my calendar is open.... I'm planning on coming.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    edited March 2021
    Options
    There's some dummies here
    Good to see you here, now that you have a lot of free time on your hands.  I look forward to seeing some Egging from Mar-A-Lago!  
  • Canugghead
    Options

Sorry, I guess I miss read you qoute. "the northern wall is not opening for non-essential travels any time soon and I hope it stays that way" 
    I thought it’s common sense that I meant ‘...it stays that way (until COVID is under control)’. I didn’t say ... it stays that way forever, unfortunate and sorry if it came across as that.
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

I thought it’s common sense that I meant ‘...it stays that way (until COVID is under control)’. I didn’t say ... it stays that way forever, unfortunate and sorry if it came across as that.
    It has been easier finding places to stay in Florida this year as the Canadians are wintering in Canada.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options
    egret said:
    This eggfest is a big boon to our small community and we're trying our best to help. Stay home if you choose to, but, don't try to be a spoiler.

That is not only not right; it is not even wrong
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    egret said:
    This eggfest is a big boon to our small community and we're trying our best to help. Stay home if you choose to, but, don't try to be a spoiler.
    If you want to help the community I think following CDC guidelines is advisable.  You might actually get more people to come, because they know the organizers are taking safety seriously.   
  • sdiperna
    sdiperna Posts: 26
    Options
    Would someone mind recommending where to stay?
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    Options
    sdiperna said:
    Stay away would be my recommendation based on what I am hearing 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    edited March 2021
    Options
    HogFather said:
    sdiperna said:
    Stay away would be 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Buckshot74
    Options
    sdiperna said:
    There are hotels and cabins all around.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Hate my girls softball schedule will prevent me from attending but glad yall are able to go on as planned. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    egret said:
    John,
    How long has your community been mask optional?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    egret said:
    With sincerity, and respect for your intentions, I don’t understand this reasoning. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Buckshot74
    Options
    caliking said:
    egret said:
    With sincerity, and respect for your intentions, I don’t understand this reasoning. 

Some people are living life normal as possible. Not living in fear. Some people are living in fear. Living their lives far from normal....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    edited March 2021
    Options
    caliking said:
    egret said:

Some people are living life normal as possible. Not living in fear. Some people are living in fear. Living their lives far from normal....

This is why we can't have nice things.