Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I love that everyone is taking shots at Texas like they are alone. Mississippi dropped masks and opened full capacity as well.  Allen Hyundai is still requiring masks of employees. and still keeping social distance practices though.

How do you do test drives?  Like the small town I grew up in, you just took off with a car, they didn’t care (2500 people total).  But all the cities I’ve lived in the sales rep would ride along.  I’m just curious, like do you have the customer mask up for a drive?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I don't know about Mississippi but here in fly-over country when SWMBO decided it was time for a car (August-Sep 2020 after 10+ years on the prior and no issues other than age) she initially did the cluster phque test drive drill solo.  The when the field was shrunk to a couple of makes/models and dealers I was the invited checkbook.  All I drove were solo as well.  Standard practice here and not surprising.  
    But any excuse not to buy a car is good so leverage to the max!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well its finally N. GA Eggfest week. Hoping to see many of you there. Cheers to those attending.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Ok, got a camp site from the 12th through the 16th. I got 2 cooks tickets. Bought a mini-max that I'm not telling the wife about till I pick it up.  And I've got my RV scheduled to get fixed up in time!! I'm thinking I'll tow my big cooker so I can do all my prep at the campground.
    Look forward to seeing you Scott.
    Jim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning @Thatgrimguy 

You will have GREAT time...this is the best EggFest & the venue is fantastic...looking forward to saying "Morning" to you...I'll be the guy with the white beard & pony tail wearing a tie-dyed shirt.

Show him your button!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Hope you guys can find gas to buy to get you there and back home. $hit is hitting the fan here.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JRWhitee
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Hope you guys can find gas to buy to get you there and back home. $hit is hitting the fan here.
    Topped off today, only a 2 hour drive for us.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    I love that everyone is taking shots at Texas like they are alone. Mississippi dropped masks and opened full capacity as well.  Allen Hyundai is still requiring masks of employees. and still keeping social distance practices though.

How do you do test drives?  Like the small town I grew up in, you just took off with a car, they didn’t care (2500 people total).  But all the cities I’ve lived in the sales rep would ride along.  I’m just curious, like do you have the customer mask up for a drive?
    Little late, but we collect insurance and DL and then sign a hold harmless agreeement and let them take the car without the salesperson.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Anyone here that goes, plz take & posts lots of pics!  TY
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Weather forecast is looking great.  Have fun everyone!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Same here like an hour or so south of Hiawassee. Not much gas to be found and the places that do have 30 minute waits. From costco this morning and this was 10 minutes after they opened.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    dam communist!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's all Biden's fault!!!
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Yeah that pipeline he shut down wouldnt help at all right now.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    It wouldn't.  And it's a crude oil pipeline, Einstein.  Apples and oranges when we're talking about refined petroleum products that you can actually use at the consumer level.   Not to mention it's between Canada and Texas, not the East coast.

Options
    Lit said:

You're right - it wouldn't.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    It wouldn't.  And it's a crude oil pipeline, Einstein.  Apples and oranges when we're talking about refined petroleum products that you can actually use at the consumer level.   Not to mention it's between Canada and Texas, not the East coast.

Yeah bringing crude oil to refineries within a days drive. Sounds like no help
    at all. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

at all. 
    Im done dont want to hijack this thread.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

at all. 
    What refineries?
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

at all. 
    What refineries?
    Since it goes to Texas probably one of the 31 refineries there?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

at all. 
    What refineries?
    Yes, you are right.  Then people could just drive to Texas to fill up, problem solved.  You should really be in charge of oil.
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

at all. 
    What refineries?
    Yes, you are right.  Then people could just drive to Texas to fill up, problem solved.  You should really be in charge of oil.
    Or maybe the same trucks that were doing it before that have nothing to haul now could deliver it?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You are so smart I am now totally confused and intimidated. 
    Options
    No need for this to be a "super spreader" event as mentioned above.  

There is a lot of room at the fairgrounds. Hopefully John Hall @egret is committed to responsible pandemic protocols by using all the real estate, spacing cooks very adequately so tasters aren’t crammed in the narrow, long path. 

It can be done!
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    I don’t care. 2 hours north of here. Camping nearby has been a husband-wife tradition for 4-5 years….
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • Egghead123SC
    Options
    Doing food prep all night.  Somehow BGE forum won't let me use my long time forum name SmokinTiger'81, reverted back to a very old one.  Anyway, SmokinTiger81 will be there.  Stop by, say hello, hard to miss the Clemson tent/  Booth #11.  
  • Egghead123SC
    Options
    Should have asked, who is eating, and who is cooking.  
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    I am cooking Greg, look forward to seeing you.

Johns Creek, Georgia