Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Remembering last night’s rye tasting at my neighborhood house... had some great ones: and some not so great ones 

The challenge is remembering which was in which category. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just finished walking 2.2 miles ..been eating clean the past 2 weeks. I've lost 6.5 lbs cutting out cokes, candy bars and potato chips alone.

Been neglecting my self with work the past 4-5 years..fast food burgers, late night gas station snack runs and only getting 2-3 hours of sleep between shifts has taken its toll (was working 3 jobs)

Blood pressure is high enough ..truth be told I probably need to be on meds today...but I'm terrible about remembering crap like that so trying life style changes first..Fasting blood glucose is still normal..but high enough to be a concern. 

I need to loose 80 lbs ...and to keep me on track i have an accountability buddy ..and I am about to book a crazy expensive Dall sheep hunt 3 years from now....(a way to keep me on track)

Great work! Keep it up. 

Don’t forget, weight management is all about calories in, calories out. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,041
    Options
    Some friends borrowed the boat and ran out into the gulf for some fishing.  They threw back more than they kept.
    Looks like your are friends with Kuiil.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Remembering last night’s rye tasting at my neighborhood house... had some great ones: and some not so great ones 

The challenge is remembering which was in which category. 
    The challenge is measured pours so you don’t over do it for work the next day 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Prepping pizzas for tonight.  Wife got the vaccine today, she’s got a sore arm and hopefully that’s the worst of it.
    @FarmingPhD I have done a totally unfunded and anecdotal study but in my sample size of 15 total with 7 Pfizer and 8 Moderna yields that the second shot of Moderna hits with much more impact than Pfizer.  Age range 33 to 70+.  My son, ( pharmacist and wife-in health care) were Moderna and had quite a reaction with the second shot for around + 18 hours as did 5 of the other Moderna.  Not so with the Pfizer (me) and the other Pfizer second shots.
    But in the end game just getting the juice was an emotional high (especially the first) deal for me and is the objective here.  Hope there is nothing more than the sore arm.  
    BTW- my son does say that in all the literature he has read the Moderna does have a stronger reaction.  All above FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have a question for all the Pizza Gods. What is the best pizza making book out there?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have a question for all the Pizza Gods. What is the best pizza making book out there?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:

Thank you. I am going to trust your judgment and order it now 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Prepping pizzas for tonight.  Wife got the vaccine today, she’s got a sore arm and hopefully that’s the worst of it.
    @FarmingPhD I have done a totally unfunded and anecdotal study but in my sample size of 15 total with 7 Pfizer and 8 Moderna yields that the second shot of Moderna hits with much more impact than Pfizer.  Age range 33 to 70+.  My son, ( pharmacist and wife-in health care) were Moderna and had quite a reaction with the second shot for around + 18 hours as did 5 of the other Moderna.  Not so with the Pfizer (me) and the other Pfizer second shots.
    But in the end game just getting the juice was an emotional high (especially the first) deal for me and is the objective here.  Hope there is nothing more than the sore arm.  
    BTW- my son does say that in all the literature he has read the Moderna does have a stronger reaction.  All above FWIW-
    I, too, got the Moderna. I was lucky and had zero side effects from shot #2. #1 was a little sore in the arm and back. My mom also got Moderna and #2 put her down for a day. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    @lousubcap @Battleborn thanks for the heads up, she got the moderna. They vaccinated the whole teaching staff, those who wanted it anyways, on a Friday I think specifically so nobody would miss work.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Wife and I had second Moderna shot on this past Wednesday. She had slightly more pain at injection site than after her first shot. She put that down to less experienced Fire Department person giving the injection.

My injection site pain was about the same. Three days after second injection that is the only reaction we have had. The vaccine, just as the virus it protects us from, affects people differently because we are all different physically.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SGH said:
    I haven't tried John's book yet, but I feel like there's so much good information on the internet that you really don't need a book to get started. Serious Eats, PizzaMaking.com (etc) are a wealth of knowledge.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SGH said:
    I haven't tried John's book yet, but I feel like there's so much good information on the internet that you really don't need a book to get started. Serious Eats, PizzaMaking.com (etc) are a wealth of knowledge.
    No doubt true.  Nevertheless, that book is as clear and straightforward a guide as you will find.  There’s a reason Forkish has won all kinds of awards.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options

The season can end, the important business was handled on Monday night.   Palace had two touches of the ball near the filthy Seagull’s goal in the whole match and scored with both.  The putrid hosts had 25 and contrived to lose.  To be clear, there is no column in the league table marked ‘Pretty football’ just win, lose & draw. And neither is there bonus moral points for trying hard, in fact they should docked if they are that good and lose. I love it when we beat Brighton, really fully and completely love every bit of it very much.

Now, strap in - double game week ahead so try to keep up….....

Man City v West Ham, the Hammers have been good recently but City are playing other wordily stuff right now. 2-0

West Brom v Brighton, the hosts need points, like really need them.  The wretched bin-dipping Seagulls could make this their gateway to a full on fight for survival if they lose again.  I do hope so, 2-1.  And I will laugh much.

Leeds v Villa, goals my friends, goals ahoy.  3-2.

Newcastle v Wolves, all the hallmarks of a shocker but it the Toon snatch the points it puts Brighton right in the hole. 1-0 and I will laugh yet more.

@Eoin is dreaming the dream as his Potters find their winning mojo. But they confront Brentford who are near the top. Could be the match of the day, let’s go 1-1 to keep Stoke play-offs surge alive. 

Sunday

Palace v Fulham,  we beat Brighton - did I mention that?  Problem is losing this would really pile the agony upon the flotsam scavengers.  But this is no time for thinking, we still need points. Painful to say but 2-0.

Leicester v Arsenal, will it ever get going for the Gunners?  Not here as Foxes hold their nerve for 2-1

Spurs v Burnley, snooze-fest and best avoided. 1-0

Chelsea v Man Utd,  should be fun as the Blues are finding form and Utd somehow remain 2nd and no walk-over. 2-2

Sheff Utd v Liverpool, two teams struggling albeit 14 places apart. As you were here though 0-3

Monday

Everton v Southampton, the Saints have imploded and won’t offer much here, 2-0

Man City v Wolves - as above 3-0

Wednesday 

Burnley v Leicester, absolute wallpaper - just walk on by. 0-0

Sheff Utd v Villa, ‘start the car’ the hosts are heading out of Premier League Town, 1-2

Palace v Man Utd, Zaha could be back but it could be a colossal anti-climax, when I say could I mean will, 0-2

Thursday

Fulham v Spurs, close game as the hosts scrap for survival. 1-1

West Brom v Everton, could be the game of the week as the Baggies are in the last chance saloon. Scrappy 1-0 and they just about stay alive. 

Aaaaaaaand finally, Liverpool v Chelsea the hosts could be 7th by this time.  Really need to find some backbone. let’s say they don’t just for larks. 1-1. 

Now breathe and re-watch Palace mugging the points off Brighton last Monday. =)  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,514
    Options
    Swmbo shared a ewetube tip on dividing dough for weighing. Punch a whole and roll into a giant doughnut. 

canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Today I learned: One can race a gymkhana while driving a horse and not a car.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,041
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Today I learned: One can race a gymkhana while driving a horse and not a car.
    Haha, yes that is true.  Gymkhanas were around long before Ken Block.  However he definitely put the word on the map.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Bottom inner rim of a bamboo steamer basket came loose and interfered with stacking (unless it's at bottom of stack).

If I had a nickel for every time an inner rim of a bamboo steamer basket came loose on me. . . I would have no money.

Please share what they are for.  I don't want to google.  They track me.  If I type something in the egghead forum, no steamer basket ads show up.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    missing @YEMTrey and @DoubleEgger and @Fred19Flintstone

anyone else I am missing that I don't realize I am missing?

Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I made the four hour roundtrip this morning to go fix my buddies parents cabin glass stovetop that I ended up shattering a few weeks back. Nice to get that out of the way. 

• kl8ton
    Options
    nice work @WeberWho !

I love how you do projects.  You finish them.  You are a doer.  Insert Bill Murray-sp? gif of clapping.

Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@Blasting
    @Jeremiah

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    nice work @WeberWho !

I love how you do projects.  You finish them.  You are a doer.  Insert Bill Murray-sp? gif of clapping.

You're too nice. I'm going to show my wife this. She'll probably start laughing.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I made the four hour roundtrip this morning to go fix my buddies parents cabin glass stovetop that I ended up shattering a few weeks back. Nice to get that out of the way. 

I wish I could say it was some big brawl and I threw someone through it. 

We just came back from a long day of ice fishing and I had a group of guys that were hungry. I premade some egged chili and I had it chilling outside in back of the truck. I put a real cold pot of chili on a hot glass stove. It somehow glued itself onto the glass and shattered it. 

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    kl8ton said:

There are several missing that suddenly just fell off the radar. 

Status- Standing by.