Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-bad weather in texas

Options

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It’s pretty darn bad over my way at the moment.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Yeah, out here in West Texas, it was 82 monday and supposed to be 1 sunday night.  Took me almost an hour to get to work this morning, which normally takes 15 minutes.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I miss living up north.
    But I have Duluth water way live that I play on my 2nd monitor while I'm working, and it doesn't look like a fun place to hang out right now.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 people are freaking out. Everybody's looking for a small electric heaters. I keep some around the house. I use one in the laundry room keep the pipes from busting. And another one for camping. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Hope you're all safe. The weather can change  quick in Dallas Fort Worth, actually cross country skied once on Thanksgiving, also crack a block on my boat over Christmas -10° 
    Keeping you in the prayers.
    Damn I missTexas.

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2021
    Options

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I miss living up north.
    But I have Duluth water way live that I play on my 2nd monitor while I'm working, and it doesn't look like a fun place to hang out right now.

spent many a weekend in duluth, great city. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • texaswig
    Options
    @MasterC I need to put antifreeze in one of my cars hope I can find some at the store. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • MasterC
    Options
    Azel Texas had no idea what antifreeze was. Good luck my friend,just stay put if you can.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I miss living up north.

Duluth canal cam would be my guess? Very cool. High of -6 Sunday here in the Twin Cities. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Damn global warming....
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,171
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Azel Texas had no idea what antifreeze was. Good luck my friend,just stay put if you can.
    What do you guys run in your vehicles if no one knows what antifreeze is??
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Damn global warming....
    Actually. Yes. One of the effects is much less stable weather

anyway. 

I’m from new england. Just went out in bare feet to let the dog take a whiz. Not enough bother to put on a jacket either. Just a tee shirt. 

And well, pants. I’m not winnie the pooh
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The wreck on that Texas highway is all over the news.  Looks like quite the pile up.  Terrible.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MasterC
    Options
    poster said:
    MasterC said:
    You stayed h o me to black ice
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,171
    Options
    MasterC said:
    poster said:
    MasterC said:
    You stayed h o me to black ice
    ???. Honest question, seems odd. Just water?
  • texaswig
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina it was really bad. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Had a bad/good black ice experience two winters ago, last time I visited Mom in Sioux Falls, and loaded up the truck with my remaining belongings.  Was driving west to home, I-90, slow but the road conditions seemed okay.  All of the sudden the vehicles in front of me all hit their brakes.
    I let up on the gas, and simultaneously saw a Ford F-OMG50 cross the median into my two lanes, Black Ice Central.  My truck started rotating and headed to the outside ditch, which I fell into at about 40 mph, 90 degrees from my normal direction of travel, and I knew I was going to roll.  
    But I didn't.  Ditch had the same layer of black ice, and I spun a bit more and came to a stop, upright.  So did the F-OMG50. We both crept along to a shallower ditch section, and were able to get back on the Interstate.  I stopped at the next Rest Area until I calmed down.  Could've been so much worse.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I recall that the DFW area gets quite the share of ice weather.  Not gonna Google it but I am sure there was a Super Bowl played in Jerry's new home within days after a serious ice storm. 
    Surprised Jerry didn't command it to hold off!  =)
    Edit: Stay healthy and safe out there-don't F with Mother Nature.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • texaswig
    Options
    It was the Green Bay versus Pittsburgh Super Bowl. @lousubcap

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 Everybody's looking for a small electric heaters. I keep some around the house. I use one in the laundry room keep the pipes from busting. And another one for camping. 
    I finally decided to buy one to put in my Garage just to take some chill out when it gets to 7 degrees here in the ATX. HD, Lowes, Target by me... SOL. Amazon- NP deliver it tomorrow.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Got half way to work today then got the text telling us all to work from home.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Don't even need pants today in my neck of the woods.  You all stay safe and hope you do not have to travel in that ugly weather.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Not a math expert or anything but I’m pretty sure you can’t have a -0. 

Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I guess negative numbers close to zero round to negative zero.
    Options

I understand that coding allows for signed zeros. It applies to some obscure situations with complex and floating point numbers - but for regular arithmetic there's no such thing.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SciAggie said:

I understand that coding allows for signed zeros. It applies to some obscure situations with complex and floating point numbers - but for regular arithmetic there's no such thing.
    Agree.

Also: 1/−0 = − and 1/+0 = +∞

poster said:
    MasterC said:
    We call it “coolant” down here. It’s the same stuff. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    When the temp is 0 and the weather man says it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    When the temp is 0 and the weather man says it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?  =)
    Is there a weatherman that said that?