Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What’s On Your Super Bowl Menu?

124»

Comments

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    xfire_ATX said:
    I have some OTT Chili parts left over from a Xmas batch* that I will be incorporating into a new batch.

*SWMBO picked up the "hot Version" of Rotel and Tomatoes vs Fire Roasted Tomatoes and D^&B A*S me missed it when I dumped it in.  After it was made I thought oh that has some heat... then I read the cans.  Had to make a last minute save to serve it to people with a tamer pallet so I saved all the Vegetables and Vac Sealed and will use them in this batch- adding the following plus still smoking the meatball on the egg
    1 14 oz can Tomato Sauce
    2 7 oz cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
    2 Cups Beef Stock
    2 cans Green Enchilada Sauce
    2 cans mild Rotel with roasted garlic

Wish me luck
    So I learned what went wrong last time... it was the Rotel it was the 40k Scoville Chili powder.  After I was in the middle of the process this time, before I dumped the leftover vegtables I had added the seasoning to the liquid and was like dang it thats spicy again.  Pulled the little bulk bag out of the trash and with a bright light I was able to see the actual story.

Luckily instead of ruining (for many people) another batch I only had 1/2 the needing seasoning in the bag so the other half was a more mild San Antonio Chili mix.  So in the end I would call it two alarm chili and only the true Europeans really thought it was too spicy.

Socially distanced gathering for the game outside in the cul-de-sac

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    smak said:
    I went with a couple Detroit Pizzas on the Roccbox.

You have a recipe? I'm going to try that this Friday. Got the pans from Amazon and was thinking of using the Serious Eats recipe. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• smak
    smak Posts: 199
    I have always used the recipe on the Gozney site.

https://us.gozney.com/blogs/recipes/detroit-style-pizza-recipe
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    I virtually gained 5 pounds reading all these posts.  Mrs. 500 had a stomach bug, so nothing big here.  I made turkey chili in the Instant Pot/Slow Cooker for myself.  Had plans to grill wings.  Went to Sam's Club Friday afternoon to get wings.  Sold out.  The butcher told me they sold out an entire pallet of wings in an hour and a half that morning.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    Just a big "thank you!" to all y'all for posting these delicious-looking things.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • caliking said:
    Lastly... chicken dip!

this just keeps saying ask @caliking to share the recipe. So I humbly request the sharing of the above chicken dip recipe. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    would this be considered toms 3rd dynasty or the start of his fourth in the league =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @fishlessman - all of those deviled eggs would be mine. The stuffed seaclams too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    the ghost pepper ones will be a regular rotation. how can you go wrong at a nickel a piece. all these years and ive never made them
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Those look great @caliking

but you know you can use rotisserie chicken, even canned chicken from Costco, from what I’ve heard.
  • caliking
    Legume said:

but you know you can use rotisserie chicken, even canned chicken from Costco, from what I’ve heard.
    You could also cook on a gasser...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

You could also cook on a gasser...
    I do!
  • Got busy and forgot to take more pictures but I did manage to get a few. Ribs, pork belly burnt ends, abt’s and sausages. 
    Southeast Louisiana
    3 Larges, Rockin W Smokers Gravity Fed Unit, KBQ, Shirley Fabrication 24 x 36, Teppanyaki Stainless Griddle 
  • caliking said:
    this just keeps saying ask @caliking to share the recipe. So I humbly request the sharing of the above chicken dip recipe. 
    Its basically a buffalo chicken dip, but tweaked (mainly because I didn't have any Frank's Redhot sauce). I personally like it with Frank’s. 

(Made 3 batches, dropped 2 off for friends).

Rubbed and smoked 6 skinless, chix quarters...because thats what I had. Breasts would also be great in this. 

Chop up the chicken, then add:

Cream cheese, softened 16 oz
    BBQ sauce 1 cup
    Rub of choice 1 TBSP
    Onions (green and white) 1 cup
    Cheese 3 cups + 1 cup for topping. I used some kind of Mexican blend, and an Italian blend. 
    Bleu cheese
    Jalapenos, chopped

Mix it all up in a big bowl. 

Dish it up. Bake at 350F x 30mins, or until its nice and bubbly. 

Thanks. Will try to replicate the one in CI. The others look great but the cast iron knocks it out of the park for presentation.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Got busy and forgot to take more pictures but I did manage to get a few. Ribs, pork belly burnt ends, abt’s and sausages. 
    Those are ribs !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Never posted the final product......

Really Like 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking

Holy fvck.

Could you please post your recipe/process in a separate thread? That looks absolutely amazing.

• caliking
    Thanks. Will try to replicate the one in CI. The others look great but the cast iron knocks it out of the park for presentation.
    Absolutely agree. Friends got theirs in disposable pans, because I don't trust them with my CI (or books... or tools...).

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424

Fantastic!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457

Good Lawd man that looks good!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.