Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bulgogi Skewers

This was a riff off a cook I did a while ago.  This time I just used a Bulgogi marinade from Maangchi:

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/bulgogi

And instead of short ribs, I used beef tenderloin.  Seems excessive to do this with tenderloin but damn is it good.

For the marinade, I put everything into the cuisinart and blended it all up.  Just seemed easier and it helped get the marinade uniformly distributed.  These were in the bag with the marinade for 24 hrs, which with the tenderloin is probably too long.  The meat was clearly starting to break down too much.  I’ll have to try this again with short rib meat.  Anyway, I put them on skewers with some red peppers:

And into the Roccbox they went.  They only need about five minutes at 900 degrees to get some char:

I bet you could do these just as well on the Egg - maybe direct and close to the coals.  I added some green onions, cilantro, and toasted sesame seeds:

Plated with some brown rice, lettuce wraps, and Bo Ssam sauce.  Not the best plating job but eff it I was hangry by the time I sat down.  

This beef is delicious.  So tender and flavorful.  Thanks for looking!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments