Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Cooks 2020 - Show 'em!

Options
124»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Frozen like a rock Ribs

SPG throw the whole hunk in there...you don't need to Fvcking trim and fancy rubs

Theyll thaw in an hour...seperate the Fvckers then

Cook till done, stop wasting time on foil wraps 

Eat

Great cook as usual. Curious if you removed membrane after separating?
    canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Frozen like a rock Ribs

SPG throw the whole hunk in there...you don't need to Fvcking trim and fancy rubs

Theyll thaw in an hour...seperate the Fvckers then

Cook till done, stop wasting time on foil wraps 

Eat

Love this.  This is my new favorite post.

It also makes me think I need to find a good source for spare ribs.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Thanks @Foghorn @Canugghead I leave the membrane on ( unless in a competition ) I like the "Snap" you get from it when cooked hot..another thing you lose when wrapping is that snap.......and full spares are the best bang for the buck for sure 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I already posted my pic of my cherry smoked spatchcocked turkey on the what are you doing thread. Besides that I ended up making white chili, corn casserole, and green beans with ham. My sisters brought other things. I left the leftovers with my parents. Older sister wanted to know the turkey rub so I gave her a link to order it.