Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stereo Eggs at -10°F

Merry Christmas all, hopefully a bit warmer where you are. Started the eggs for a Christmas ham and brisket packer. Not very nice outside at -10°F but better than 2 days ago with crazy winds and cold.
Finished pics to follow.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Eggers laugh at the weather!
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    1voyager said:
    Eggers laugh at the weather!
    Haha, I agree. I do cheat some with a Stoker pit controller. Light the fire and run back inside to warm up  =)

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    I think I’d keep a fire going in that minimax all day just for warmth. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bigguy136
    The ham and brisket flat are on. I separate the point and flat because 1 I can cook a bigger brisket on a large BGE and 2 because the point cooks faster so I can pull the flat and point when each are ready.
    I love the maple bourbon ham recipe from @egret but mom likes a traditional ham. I inject about 4 oz of maple syrup but go without the rub.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 364
    -10F.... Some people are tough.
    Good for you, and enjoy the holiday.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    hHoly Sh!t .....had to put on my winter boots here

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    You are definitely holding up your side of the banquet.  As you well know, the BGE doesn't care once it gets to temperature.  Now the cook...
    Way to power thru.  
    Merry Christmas!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Merry Christmas!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bigguy136
    lousubcap said:
    You are definitely holding up your side of the banquet.  As you well know, the BGE doesn't care once it gets to temperature.  Now the cook...
    Way to power thru.  
    Merry Christmas!
    I agree, living in the fridgid north all of my life, you either never go outside for 6 months or say screw it, my BGE egg doesn't care how cold it is and I don't either.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Looks good. As normal, I did a turkey and a ham for Christmas.  I was very disappointed in my ham but the turkey was good, although not my best either.