Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @SciAggie you too put out some amazing food. It’s funny how my friends and family think I’m a good cook, yet if they saw the stuff you guys post on here they would laugh at what I cook. 

I stumbled upon this thread earlier. Worth a quick look at the great food posted by you and others. 

Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I've been going back through a bunch of @smokingal posts. Man, she put out some spectacular food. I hope she is well.
    Her threads were epic.  Every single one a home run.  

Unfortunately the fact that her blog is no longer active makes me fear the worst.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    But, do you butter your bread a second time?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I've been going back through a bunch of @smokingal posts. Man, she put out some spectacular food. I hope she is well.

Unfortunately the fact that her blog is no longer active makes me fear the worst.  

Her IG is quiet too
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SciAggie said:

Her IG is quiet too
    Sent her an email.  I will let you all know if I get a response.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy yes you are right, when America sneezes, the world catches cold.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @SciAggie I ran across some oxtail in the freezer and thought man @Smokingal would know what to do with that. And turn it into $40 a plate meal
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Rare double nuke just happened.  We were getting places too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Well, what are you waiting for?  Start new ones.
    Options

Well, what are you waiting for?  Start new ones.
    Waiting for serendipity.  It will come.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,313
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Agree 1000%. No offense to the rest of you, but she was in a league of her own. 

Too bad she was ultimately pushed out. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @WeberWho We have enjoyed our raised beds. I bet you will enjoy your garden as well.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @WeberWho We have enjoyed our raised beds. I bet you will enjoy your garden as well.

Thanks! @SciAggie

When purchasing our house we had a short conversation with the previous homeowners. During that conversation they mentioned that they hoped we weren't gardeners. They said the soil was super sandy and we wouldn't have any luck. So we never gave it much of a thought. I had no idea my neighbor across the street had a garden behind his house. He started one 3-4 years ago and it has really took off. He really pushed us to start one. He said he wished he would have started one when he was younger. So we're going to try the no till method. My neighbor has had really good luck with this particular method. I'm a little worried about how the garden is going to go next year with with Asian beetles. Only one way to find out I guess....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @WeberWho We didn't know anything when we started - and still don't know much. As far as sandy soil goes - my FIL had a HUGE (think 1/3 acre) garden. It is in the sandiest soil you can imagine. He did spend years adding organics to the soil, but the point is you can do it. He was a wonderful gardener.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Super fancy dinner tonight
    What is that?  Having a hard time telling.  Burger on regular bread?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    cheese burger with regular bread and a cheese burger sans any bread.
    Options
    Ever tried mayo instead of butter when toasting bun/bread for burger or grilled cheese?  I find mayo gives a nice golden color and crisp texture.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Ever tried mayo instead of butter when toasting bun/bread for burger or grilled cheese?  I find mayo gives a nice golden color and crisp texture.
    No, but I recall you saying that.  I'll have to give it a shot.  I had to run to the store yesterday as we were out of butter.
    Options
    Trying a chicken biryani recipe in the pressure cooker

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Acn said:
    Do you have the Instant Pot cookbook by Urvashi Pitre? If not, do yourself a MASSIVE favour and buy now. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:
    Do you have the Instant Pot cookbook by Urvashi Pitre? If not, do yourself a MASSIVE favour and buy now. 
    This is from Milk Street, but I’ll definitely check that one out.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The cafeteria lady in elementary school always used mayo on the grilled cheese. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Found some ground wagyu at costco yesterday so burger time.  They cooked quick maybe a minute and a half each side and they were barely pink inside.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    No, but I recall you saying that.  I'll have to give it a shot.  I had to run to the store yesterday as we were out of butter.
    I use Mayo when making grilled cheese sandwiches. I agree, it is the best. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Sandy soil is good drainage which is good for a garden 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Sandy soil is good drainage which is good for a garden 
    To an extent. I suggest piling hardwood leaves on it, leaving them over the winter, and then tilling them in in the spring. Old sweepings from a horse stable are also good
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Special Delivery 

Great score.  You will enjoy.  Should you get sucked into the Heartbrand vortex and want to grab a brisket, give their's a go with the free shipping deal whenever it surfaces.
    My shipment arrived today as well but only had a brisket (12.1 lbs), hanger steak and flat iron.  First time venturing off the brisket path but looking forward to it all.  
    Gotta love the 2 day air shipping.  And the three letter shipping company performance as well. The one with the worldport in L'ville.  About the best thing we've got going in flyover country!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.