Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last item on the trailer

Options
Loading U-haul for trip to new house in Florida. Wanted to bring a Large and one of the smaller Eggs but no room. Next trip a Large for sure. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Be safe. Best wishes in your new home. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Having moved back in May / June myself....I am guessing you are also in the moving sucks crowd. Eventually it all comes together. Hang tuff. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    "New house" in FL? Like in you moved from TX to FL?

Gonna stop by and harass Spring Chicken in LA on the way by? I SURE would if I were you!!! =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    RRP said:

Gonna stop by and harass Spring Chicken in LA on the way by? I SURE would if I were you!!! =)
    Not exactly. Going to Seaside for the past 21 years and last month decided to buy. Did not buy in Seaside but just down 30A from Seaside where i didn’t need @SGH’s money to stay longer than a week at a time. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:
     Did not buy in Seaside but just down 30A from Seaside where i didn’t need @SGH’s money to stay longer than a week at a time. 
    It’s a good thing that you don’t have my money brother. You would be seaside alright. You would be seeing the bad side of the ghetto if you had my money.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    safe travels!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Safe travels!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Safe Travels @Mickey

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

Not exactly. Going to Seaside for the past 21 years and last month decided to buy. Did not buy in Seaside but just down 30A from Seaside where i didn’t need @SGH’s money to stay longer than a week at a time. 
    Phew! I panicked for a second when it sounded like y'all were leaving TX. Wouldn't have been the same without you holding down the fort in Salado. 

Safe travels. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

Phew! I panicked for a second when it sounded like y'all were leaving TX. Wouldn't have been the same without you holding down the fort in Salado. 

Safe travels. 

You guys still have a room in Salado my friend. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Safe Travels Mickey, good luck with the move.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Mickey said:
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

Safe travels. 

That’s awesome Mickey. Safe travels.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That’s a beautiful part of Florida.  Enjoy.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    So you will be passing about 3 miles North of me most likely. Good luck and check Hurricane Whatever heading for Florida soon.
  • Mickey
    Options
    So you will be passing about 3 miles North of me most likely. Good luck and check Hurricane Whatever heading for Florida soon.
    Eta is said to start showing up Thur evening about 7 :00. 
    Where do you live

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Ocean Springs but the Egg is out of action at the moment. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Congrats on the 2nd home in FL!
    Safe travel guys! 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    That is a great part of Florida!!!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That's very cool Mickey. Congrats. Enjoy the new place.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

And not be able to drive for 3 months of the year due to traffic and teens on golf carts. Place gets about unbearable during summer. Enjoy the new house! Congrats. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

And not be able to drive for 3 months of the year due to traffic and teens on golf carts. Place gets about unbearable during summer. Enjoy the new house! Congrats. 
    Bingo! Major reason not in Seaside is the almost 2m now to buy and the second reason is what you just said especially with closing all parking on the circle in Seaside. 
    We are still on 30A but the West end next to Topsail State Park. 10 min’s to Seaside for the Grandkids and guests but we are in the quiet area with the same beautiful beaches. Topsail having 3.5miles of private (must be checked in at Topsail) beach. The public beaches start near Stinkys about a mile from the house. 

• EggObsessed
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!  Congrats on your Florida home, Mickey and Linda!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:
    caliking said:
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

Safe travels. 

Much love, @mickey. As many others, my family and I have many happy memories of time spent in Salado. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mickey
    Congratulations on the new place ole buddy. I hope it brings you and your family much joy my friend 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    And be safe on the road my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:

Bingo! Major reason not in Seaside is the almost 2m now to buy and the second reason is what you just said especially with closing all parking on the circle in Seaside. 
    We are still on 30A but the West end next to Topsail State Park. 10 min’s to Seaside for the Grandkids and guests but we are in the quiet area with the same beautiful beaches. Topsail having 3.5miles of private (must be checked in at Topsail) beach. The public beaches start near Stinkys about a mile from the house. 
    Are you close to Stinkys? My friends have a condo/townhouse in a 10 unit building across and down a little from it. Journey’s Edge. Love that area. I believe it’s actually Santa Rosa Beach, FL.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Congrats, @Mickey! Get a few more homes, and you'll move into @sgh level. Add a few after that, and you're right up there with @RRP
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Congrats, @Mickey! Get a few more homes, and you'll move into @sgh level. Add a few after that, and you're right up there with @RRP
    Sounds like you have been out of the loop my friend. My places in Saucier and D’Iberville are for sale. 

Status- Standing by.

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    @Mickey Safe Travels and hope you enjoy your new home. I myself am also moving to Florida. We are going to Fernandina Beach for new job. Finding a house big enough is a challenge.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL