Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dodgers-Rays (World Series)

Options
Anyone watching?  I don’t have a dog in this fight but I’ve enjoyed the series so far.  Some great games.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Always interest in the World Series.  Hoping for the Rays and the Game 7.  I have deep rooted dislike for the Dodgers that looks back many decades.  
    No doubt the Dodgers have more fire power but their pitching is weaker.  
    That attempted steal of home was a ba11sy move and worth the risk.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2020
    Options
    My 5 yo son started little league this year so we’ve been following along the whole season with MLB.tv. I forgot how much I loved baseball.  With Atlanta out I’m pulling for the Rays. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    I have my Dodger Dog from the 2018 World Series out, I take a bite last game of the series....i keep this in the fridge, solid as a rock

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Always interest in the World Series.  Hoping for the Rays and the Game 7.  I have deep rooted dislike for the Dodgers that looks back many decades.  
    Kirk Gibson?

I’m definitely not an A’s fan, but that hurt.  

Duck the Fodgers!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Good series hope it goes 7

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited October 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I have my Dodger Dog from the 2018 World Series out, I take a bite last game of the series....i keep this in the fridge, solid as a rock

I would trade that thing in for a Chicago Dog

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lkapigian
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    lkapigian said:

Shows you how much preservatives are in it, it's pristine....ill dress it up to choke the bite down 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:
    Kirk Gibson?

I’m definitely not an A’s fan, but that hurt.  

Duck the Fodgers!
    @Legume- that particular event is the capstone but i can go back a few more decades (old here).  Definitely grew up an AL fan.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'd love to see the words coming out of Snells mouth under that mask right now. What a bunch of idiots 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The live shot with him about a third of the way to the dug-out did not need a lip reader.  "When in charge-be in charge" but then you own it.  
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Fairbanks doing the pee pee dance before every pitch is killing me. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Interesting thread esp from the OP
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Since the fun thread was just killed .... WTF, Cash should be fired. Snell was dealing a game and Cash pulled him before Betts who struggles against lefties and murders righties?  WTF
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Since the fun thread was just killed .... WTF, Cash should be fired. Snell was dealing a game and Cash pulled him before Betts who struggles against lefties and murders righties?  WTF
    Yeah that made no sense to me.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Urias is a beast.  Not looking good for the Rays.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Cash is a Great regular season manager.  Can’t make the right decisions when it counts.  

I hope someone leaves a crawfish under his seat during the entire offseason 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    98 mph coming in... 107 mph going out!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well, that's it.
    Congrats Dodgers.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    How you can stand there with the bat on your shoulder in that scenario escapes me.  But...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Too bad it didn’t go 7, but that was a fun series.  Until next year....
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Arozarena was great - he’ll be fun to watch next year. Game 4 was nuts. 

Best championship yet in pandemic sports year #1. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    How you can stand there with the bat on your shoulder in that scenario escapes me.  But...
    I agree. At least go downing swinging. Standing there like a statue don’t cut it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Let’s see that dodger dog now @lkapigian

I want proof!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    JRWhitee said:
    lkapigian said:

Shows you how much preservatives are in it, it's pristine....ill dress it up to choke the bite down 
    You could probably bury it in Scottie's yard next to his brisket and dig it up every year long after the brisket is gone.
    Options
    Man, you have to feel bad for Justin Turner. Especially after all these years of losing the World Series. He gets yanked from the game a few innings shy of getting to experience winning the World Series with teammates on the field. (Covid and was pulled) I feel for the guy. Dang. 

He was able to hold the trophy and was on the field later with teammates. Missing that third and final out in the field sucks. Hoping him the best and a full recovery. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian- That is taking one for the team!
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian- That is taking one for the team!
    Ha ha, not sure if I can do this in 2021, but it is back in the fridge 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Legume said:
    Let’s see that dodger dog now @lkapigian

I want proof!
    For @Legume

Much drier than 2019

Ha ha....pretty bad

Not gonna flag it but if ever there was a legitimate reason.....congrats on the victory. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    @lkapigian, that is taking dry-aged anus to another level entirely.
    Stillwater, MN