Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: How many states in the USA have you visited?

Options
Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,084
edited October 2020 in Off Topic
This came up tonight on the Zoom call, and @lousubcap suggested a forum poll. How many states in the USA have you visited? For myself and my wife ... 23. Mostly west coast, central and New England. 

For those you haven't been to, what are they? Let's see if there is a common pattern of the least visited.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Great post.  I've been to 46/50.  Still looking for Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and North Dakota
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Haven't been to Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Florida and likely won't hit them before I croak.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    Being old and traveled, 50/50 before I turned 50.  Even have a few territories in the bank. 
    BTW- @Stormbringer is from England and is live on the Community Zoom now.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    edited October 2020
    Options
    49 plus DC - haven’t been to ND
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Missing Hawaii, Alaska and South Dakota. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    I am not well traveled.  East of the Mississippi I haven’t been to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Delaware or Vermont.  West of the Mississippi I have been to only Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.  I am not sure if Louisiana is considered east  or west of the big river, but I have been there.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    I am not well traveled.  East of the Mississippi I haven’t been to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Delaware or Vermont.  West of the Mississippi I have been to only Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.  I am not sure if Louisiana is considered east  or west of the big river, but I have been there.
    Considering the big river is the Eastern boundary, we are W of the big river
  • JustBuggin
    Options
    So far I've mainly been to the eastern side of the country but plan to expand that as soon as all this Covid nonsense is over for sure. Had to cancel a 10 day trip out west because of it which sucked. My list is North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, Arizona, California, Colorado and Utah.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I'm at 29. Most of the States I need are out East. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    At 39 years old, I’m only at 14. That’s not enough. Folks my age want to travel abroad, not me. I want to see the wonders of this country first
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The only ones I’m missing are Utah Colorado and Idaho. I’ve driven through all the rest. Looking forward to doing a lap with those three included I think they are beautiful states. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Montana and Alaska are the only two I haven’t visited.  I will be rectifying that at some point.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have been to all 48. Ok the two I have not visited are Alaska and Hawaii. Maybe some day. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I have been to all 48. Ok the two I have not visited are Alaska and Hawaii. Maybe some day. 
    You’ve got to get to Hawaii for sure, Robin.  You and Party would love it.  They have some of the best Bloodys.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You’ve got to get to Hawaii for sure, Robin.  You and Party would love it.  They have some of the best Bloodys.
    We have Italy on our list over the two remaining states. All would seem to be good retirement travel destinations. My other desire is to visit the Great Pyramids, with a camel ride. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    I do not count connecting in an airport as visiting.  By that definition I am missing:

Maryland
    North Carolina
    Delaware
    West Virginia
    North Dakota
    South Dakota

So that's 44 for me.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    There are 11 I haven't visited.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    47.  I haven't been to Vermont, and (odd for a career Air Force guy) have never been to Hawai'i or Alaska.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I’ve only seen 19. Plan to see all 50. I’m 36
    so god willing I’ve got time

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I think I've been to 37 states. My list of remaining: Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, South Carolina. I'm 46.
    Mountain View, CA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Been to 43

Missing:
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Wyoming
    Montana
    New Mexico
    Alaska
    Hawaii 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I believe I’m at 40.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Visited 34.

Lived in 7.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Considering the big river is the Eastern boundary, we are W of the big river
    So Nola doesn’t count?😎
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    30 ... I am missing most of the East Coast aside from Florida, New York, and New Jersey.  Not much there I am interested in aside from Lobster Rolls.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited October 2020
    Options
    30 ... I am missing most of the East Coast aside from Florida, New York, and New Jersey.  Not much there I am interested in aside from Lobster Rolls.
    Nearly every time I’ve thought this about a state or region, I’ve been proven wrong when I’ve visited.  I’m still missing a few states, so we’ll see if this holds true.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nearly every time I’ve thought this about a state or region, I’ve been proven wrong when I’ve visited.  I’m still missing a few states, so we’ll see if this holds true.
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek.  I plan to visit, but I am ignorant about what is there.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    46. Missing ND, Wisconsin, Hawaii, New Hampshire.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2020
    Options
    40 (plus DC); I’m missing:

AK
    AL
    HI
    IA
    ID
    MI
    ND
    NE
    OR
    WA

Planning on getting Washington and Idaho next summer if conditions permit, and hope to at least get the contiguous 48 before turning 50.

My wife is only missing MI and HI, and the 13 year old has 38 and is missing my list plus GA and CA.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD