Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: How many states in the USA have you visited?

Options

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    23 actual "visits" this doesn't include places I drove through
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    I still have to visit AR, KY, ME, MI, NC, ND, NE, NH, RI, SC, TN, and VT.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    buzzvol said:
    I am not well traveled.  East of the Mississippi I haven’t been to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Delaware or Vermont.  West of the Mississippi I have been to only Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.  I am not sure if Louisiana is considered east  or west of the big river, but I have been there.
    Considering the big river is the Eastern boundary, we are W of the big river
    So New Orleans and Baton Rouge have been disowned? 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    buzzvol said:
    I am not well traveled.  East of the Mississippi I haven’t been to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Delaware or Vermont.  West of the Mississippi I have been to only Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.  I am not sure if Louisiana is considered east  or west of the big river, but I have been there.
    Considering the big river is the Eastern boundary, we are W of the big river
    So New Orleans and Baton Rouge have been disowned? 
    See, this is why I need to see more of the US, I don’t even know what the boundaries of my own state are
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    41 for me. 

Missing:

MS
    AL
    ND
    SD
    KY
    ME
    DE
    VT
    HI 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bradleya123
    Options
    I've visited 47, so only missing 3, Rhode Island, Delaware, and Maine.
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Missing 14. Still need to hit the top of the NE and Michigan to Montana. (Aaaand Alaska but that’s trip is already on the books)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I’m guessing about 35, but I’m loo lazy to count them.  However, I have actually lived in the following ten states:

Pennsylvania
    Ohio
    Indiana 
    North Carolina
    Illinois 
    Georgia
    South Carolina
    Florida
    California
    Tennessee

(Also lived 4 years in Oxfordshire, England) 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • mpenacho
    Options
    Over a ten year period, I drove to 49 states.  West Virginia was #49.  Haven't been to number 50, but I did fly close by once.  Alaska was a 12 day trek from Chicago in January of '96 (but I did take the ferry on the way back).
    LBGE, XLBGE
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,091
    edited October 2020
    Options
    From the responses so far, the Dakotas seem to be common ones that still need visiting. We have been to the following states over the years. 

WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV, ID, MN, WY, CO, UT, FL, GA, NC, SC, VA, DE, NY, MA, AL, LA, MS, TX, NM

We've been through PA, MD and WV but not actually gotten out of the car, so not counting those. Next up (once this fakakta COVID thing buggers off) will be New England states, targeting fall 2021.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I’ve been to about 4, plan to increase that when I retire and borders open.   So much more of Canada I want to see first though.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,469
    Options
    @EggNorth - Gotta take care of your house first.  Regarding the GWN- I've only bagged six provinces, Quebec and all west from there.  Likely won't catch the other four but who knows.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    I’ve been to about 4, plan to increase that when I retire and borders open.   So much more of Canada I want to see first though.
    Good point. I only have BC and from Ontario east. I keep planning trips through the western provinces but it just hasn't worked out yet.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I have been to more countries than states, sadly.

I have 35 (not counting airport connections), and I need 15:
    MT
    WA
    ND
    SD
    AL
    SC
    WV
    VT
    NH
    ME
    MA
    RI 
    CT
    AK
    HI
    Clinton, Iowa
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2020
    Options
    TX
    LA
    OK
    FLA
    SC
    GA
    NV
    VA
    PA
    CO
    NY
    IL
    TN
    WV
    MA
    CA
    WA
    AZ
    OH
    IN
    DEL
    MA
    MS
    NJ
    ALA
    KY
    ARK
    CONN

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,689
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Been through Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and Yukon. 
     Everyone in Canada is so nice with the exception of their border guards and a lady who owns a gas station in the Yukon. 
     Amazingly beautiful country to drive through, Canadians work 24 hours a day whether it’s logging, oil, farming, pretty impressive. 
      My brother melted the inner cooler in his dodge truck and got the part in White horse.  He and my dad were changing it in the parking lot and some fella walked up offered to help and dove right in, dad ordered a pizza, went and got some beer. Good people. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Im Missing

VT, ME, AK, ID, WV.

I was planning on getting VT and ME about now before I got stuck in my house and all travel was killed.

Just realized Harpers Ferry WV is only 90 min from BWI which I used frequently... Will have to extend my plans to get that one.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,817
    Options
    14 if i dont count drive thrus or flight changes. they all look the same when you just look down into the water for fish =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    Haven't slept in Michigan. I used to only count states that I had a meal in and airport meals don't count. Had them all before 50, having a job that requires field work helps. Why else would anyone willfully go to Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, or the Dakotas? Great times had in all, pleasantly surprised by Mississippi and have grown to really like Alabama.
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • Bellavista52
    Options
    I am missing Alaska.
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I am missing Alaska.
    Aim high, just to the left of Canada.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    32 states.  47 countries.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Has anyone been to 57 States?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some of you are some world travelers.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,817
    Options

not hard to do

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Sadly I've only been to 15 states so far, once our son gets a little older we plan to do some more traveling. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

not hard to do

That sign blew my 7 year old mind the first time I saw it.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• EastTNBGE
    Options
    41+ DC  Missing AK, HI, LA, CT, RI, VT, NH, MA and ME.  Should be able to knock those out once we can travel again.  Wife isn't interested in AK, so that will be a guys trip.  

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN