Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A list- The country's best bourbon bars; for your information

Options
One publication's list:
https://www.gobourbon.com/bestbourbonbarsne2020/  
Plenty of room for differences of opinion.  I can say that I am "0 for" in visiting any of them.  FWIW-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am 0 for xx also.  None in Arizona.  That list is full of statecism.  Yuppies and Hippies who never venture more than 3 blocks from their apartment, but presume to know everything about everywhere.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    I can vouch for Eight Row Flint in Houston.  They sell their annual allocation of Pappy at their cost once a year.  It doesn't last long.

The owners are a team that also has my (former) local butcher (Revival Market) and a great restaurant (Coltivare) and an expanding restaurant empire.

Their taco truck is also outstanding (if you like heritage breed corn homemade tortillas and that sort of thing)
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited October 2020
    Options
    20stone said:
    I can vouch for Eight Row Flint in Houston.  They sell their annual allocation of Pappy at their cost once a year.  It doesn't last long.

The owners are a team that also has my (former) local butcher (Revival Market) and a great restaurant (Coltivare) and an expanding restaurant empire.

Their taco truck is also outstanding (if you like heritage breed corn homemade tortillas and that sort of thing)
    Ok, with that endorsement, I will add Eight Row to my list of must visit places, taco truck included.

I guess even blind squirrels find a nut every now and then.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I've been to Dickie Brennan's Bourbon House in New Orleans many times.  It's in the Crowne Plaza where we usually stay (at a drastically reduced price thanks to an industry connection).  The selection is good and it is open and well-lit.  Plus the bourbon milk punch is SWMBO's favorite.  With that said, I've never deliberately tried to go to one of the top notch bourbon places - but now, maybe I will.

Thanks for posting.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    20stone said:

I would find it hard to be friends with anyone that doesn't...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Clicked on the link - saw there's one in Baltimore.  Don't think I'll be going...

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Don't need a fancy bar, slushies out of a bag rule!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I’ve been to Old Talbott Tavern in Bardstown, KY. Right in the heart of Bourbon country. We had dinner and a couple drinks. It was nice. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    A list that I actually know where one of these "other side of heaven" places are. Last year camping in Wilsonville OR, guy a few sites up stopped by for hit of brown water. He was a local and recommended a couple of places we should visit. The short list was VooDoo Donuts and the Pope House. Could not get into the Pope House but it certainly looked interesting. 
    Great list, feel like a kid looking thru the Sears Christmas catalogue....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Not having been to any of the listed places makes me think saying what is "best" is for others.
    Coolest Whiskey Bar I've ever visited is at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park.  Large bourbon selection available there.  *The money you save by not eating at the expensive, but mediocre, restaurant there is well spent at the bar.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    I have been to Jack Rose in DC a few times. Crazy large selection. The barkeeps are really knowledgeable. I have no idea if their food is good.

They have been selling off some of their collection during the COVID times.

The picture here is about half of the bar.

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373 Bartender needs a haircut and I wouldn’t bring my wife here but “worth the price of admission” 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    smak said:
    I have been to Jack Rose in DC a few times. Crazy large selection. The barkeeps are really knowledgeable. I have no idea if their food is good.

They have been selling off some of their collection during the COVID times.

The picture here is about half of the bar.

Been there too.  The food is passable, but nobody goes there for the food.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bradleya123
    Options
    That ain't much of a list unless they have The North South Bar in the Manor Inn here in Pinehurst!  Excellent selections...
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC