Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: WFH - share your home office

Thought this might be fun.  This corner of our house has been my “office” for pretty much every day of the past 7 months.  

Sorry the lighting isn’t great.  That’s a stand-up desk there and a curved display that’s a little racked but does the job.  

I feel very fortunate that we have a dedicated space I can use and that there are windows to the yard in back.  My wife works part-time and she’s taken over our dining room as her work space.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    edited October 2020
    My space with my coworker.

I have worked from home for ~10 years now, first at a desk in our Master Bedroom but we moved 7 years ago and now the Guest Bedroom is my office- just added a day bed recently so now we can officially host a guest.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Deer and turkey heaven right out that window. Helps make the WFH days go by

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Here’s my wife’s space setup in another bedroom. The elfa shelf wall unit worked out well for her. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    closest im ever going to get to a home office

photo 2004_0105Image0002jpg

my covid quarantine space. i found bait trapped by a closed dam during a migration back to sea in the lake last weekend, doing 3 ten hour days working over it this weekend. some would say that isnt work but then they have not fished with me. ive already taken the seats out, they wont be needed and are just in the way

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    dmchicago said:

conference room

TMI - 1063 The Fox

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago said:

I can imagine you making a lot of important decisions in that spot...
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited October 2020
    Damn @dmchicago beat me to it, actually I took my pic half hour ago but got distracted, let's compare photo timestamps  =)

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited October 2020
    dmchicago said:

still need TP? extra points for pulling it 'over' though, makes no sense going 'under'  =)

edit: apology to OP for threadjacking  :)
    canuckland
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    dmchicago said:

I can imagine you making a lot of important decisions in that spot...
    No sir. With the TOTO Washlet®, all the decisions are made for you!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    So we have 3 workspaces, primary is in the basement.

Not pictured is my wife’s set upon the opposite wall; she has a table, extra monitor, sit/stand platform, etc.  When we have calls at the same time, or she is on a call that I can’t be privy to (she’s a manager of a different division within the same group), I go to one of the auxiliary locations.  The preference is my daughter’s set up.

That was great over the summer and when she is on campus 3 days a week now, but since today is one of her remote days, I am in the guest room.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited October 2020
    Living in a Airbnb for the last couple of months. Wife and I share the same kitchen table. We’re both working on a GMT+3 time zone.  

Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dmchicago said:

You work at a weight-loss clinic?
    dmchicago said:

still need TP? extra points for pulling it 'over' though, makes no sense going 'under'  =)

If you have cats, pulling "under" is the way to do it.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    dmchicago said:

If you have untrained cats, pulling "under" is the way to do it.

FTFY
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited October 2020
    4 realzies. 

My wife has a actual office upstairs. 

I work all over the house and am also coming and  going a bit seeing clients. 

So I’m usually standing at the kitchen counter. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Nice to see you have Valyrian steel handy just in case. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2020
    SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Nice to see you have Valyrian steel handy just in case. 

ha ha. forgot that was there. My nickname at Work is "The Wolf" (after Winston Wolf in Pulp Fiction..cuz i know where to hide the bodies). One of our owners sent me the sword (it's Jon Snow's "Longclaw" with the wolf head handle) a couple of years ago as a fun little thank you for a project I finished up.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Yes. Please note I checked to see if it was a GOT or LOTR sword. I wonder how sharpening differs between Valyrian steel and Elvish steel? Is the Ken Onion up to the task? On another thread perhaps.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Yes. Please note I checked to see if it was a GOT or LOTR sword. I wonder how sharpening differs between Valyrian steel and Elvish steel? Is the Ken Onion up to the task? On another thread perhaps.
    Considering this one is made of molded rubber (Valerian rubber, of course) I believe the factory edge is going to have to do. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    They say Valyrian rubbers stop Valyrian rulers before they're born.  Just a rumor maybe?

• nolaegghead
    Messy.  Oh well.  Made most of the furniture. 
    I don't think Elvish steel ever dulls.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure