Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT: WFH - share your home office

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 34,489
    Botch said:
    I don't think Elvish steel ever dulls.  

Not like Ogre wit, at least.

• GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 4,641
    edited October 7
    You guys joke about the bathroom being the office, but, as much as I’m ashamed to admit it, having moved houses and taken on a new job during the pandemic in addition to having two small children, I was confined to the basement bathroom for work until just a few weeks ago. I made sure never to have the toilet within view during the videoconferences. 

Edit: I’d share a photo, but am too ashamed.  :)
  • I’ve worked from home for 25 years so I always have a dedicated space. This one for the last 12 years. Cooper standing guard as always  

Nice space, but particularly love the guitar within reach of the chair. 
  • I’ve worked from home for 25 years so I always have a dedicated space. This one for the last 12 years. Cooper standing guard as always  

Always. It’s a nice way to clear the head or just take a little break. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX

Always. It’s a nice way to clear the head or just take a little break. 
    Hopefully, it’s the work that is the break from all the guitar. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 14,525
    You guys joke about the bathroom being the office, but, as much as I’m ashamed to admit it, having moved houses and taken on a new job during the pandemic in addition to having two small children, I was confined to the basement bathroom for work until just a few weeks ago. I made sure never to have the toilet within view during the videoconferences. 

Edit: I’d share a photo, but am too ashamed.  :)
    If you have never flushed while on a conference call....it makes a clear point. 
    Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
    You can get away with anything provided video is off and mute is on.  I've dropped a deuce while talking to the COO.

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,539
    You can get away with anything provided video is off and mute is on.  I've dropped a deuce while talking to the COO.
    Was it... fiber induced?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
    Was it... fiber induced?
    What, are you a copropheliac or some sh!t'?

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,300
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
    "....yeah, baby...it had some fresh 'American Dream' corn right off the ol' cob..."

• BotchBotch Posts: 10,579
    northGAcock said:
    If you have never flushed while on a conference call....it makes a clear point. 
    ...if not a clear bowl.  
    Mine today on an absolute Gawjus day. 

I got to call maintenance  cause there seems to be some distractive noise and dust in the air?

Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,447

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 10,579
    Stereo Boogies!   B)

My sliver of sunlight from the underground.
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,447
    edited October 14
    SonVolt said:

That is some serious fire power for a civilian operation. 

You can never be too prepared to belch out Sweet Child of Mine when the mood strikes.

For everyone in the neighborhood to hear... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,796
    edited October 20
    Lot of nice setups here.  Been living in my home office since March.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,796

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

I appreciate the forethought everyone posting here had to remove the pr0n from your screens. 

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,300
    I appreciate the forethought everyone posting here had to remove the pr0n from your screens. 
    RoR
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • JNDATHPJNDATHP Posts: 451
    Been working from home for a long time. Allows me to take a break to babysit our grand kids, maybe make a pizza or smoke a butt. 

And the roll top is there to monitor our home automation and networks. 

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,931
    edited October 22
    It’s not perfect but it works.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DMWDMW Posts: 13,764
    I'm late to this game.

Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,811
    Did some rearranging so I can put a small loveseat in for added conference call comfort.  This has been the battle ground since March for me.  I’m glad I had a setup before this happened things like a decent chair came in clutch when you don’t work at one everyday.  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,539
    DMW said:
    I'm late to this game.

That is quite the setup.  The only thing missing is the box of tissues.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 11,185

You Navy guys have all the luck.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95