Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Fundraiser for Operation BBQ Relief, Special Zoom Session

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Just returned from extolling the forum's generosity.  Should have a few more non Q/forum contributors straight to the OBR site.  $$ are $$ and they all end up helping the cause.  
    Given the audience, I was not gonna drive the $$ thru our efforts-just saying there are many ways to move the fund raising forward.  Besides, food and drink provided  B)  Go forth and do great things!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited September 2020
    lousubcap said:
    Just returned from extolling the forum's generosity.  Should have a few more non Q/forum contributors straight to the OBR site.  $$ are $$ and they all end up helping the cause.  
    Given the audience, I was not gonna drive the $$ thru our efforts-just saying there are many ways to move the fund raising forward.  Besides, food and drink provided  B)  Go forth and do great things!
    You wax eloquent, must have learned that in command training.

I think you meant you convinced some friends to donate, but not through JIC's site because it may be too rough for the more gentile crowd you hang out with, so they will go straight you OBR.

You are right, they would not let most of us into the Officers Club.  Which reminds me of the officer's club in Kwaj. That place was fun, but that is a story for another time.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited September 2020
    Ron @RRP must be fuming at Wes Johnson’s $12 contribution!! I am sure he will claim that’s his donation 🤐
    ha ha - you are so funny
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap said:
    You wax eloquent, must have learned that in command training.

I think you meant you convinced some friends to donate, but not through JIC's site because it may be too rough for the more gentile crowd you hang out with, so they will go straight you OBR.

You are right, they would not let most of us into the Officers Club.  Which reminds me of the officer's club in Kwaj. That place was fun, but that is a story for another time.
    Have you ever had a buddy you didn’t tell your other buddies about?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lol
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Nice to see Saul support the cause.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523

lol
    touché...lol 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    whats with the people just donated feature, mines been 25 all morning, johns says 15
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • whats with the people just donated feature, mines been 25 all morning, johns says 15
    Mine says 17 now, lol

Some of you are having a little too much fun with this.  I'm glad it's all going to a good place in the end.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Bumppity bump mcbumpface
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Kudos to halfinchsteaks!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • It wasn’t as good as lit isadoushe but a good throw back!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We're missing Rubmah Rock and Beetus
    Donate one weekend's worth of meals to OBR. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina I will give you full marks for making this happen.  However, I reserve judgement about Sharon.  I do wonder the trip-wire for declaring "success".  
    Regardless, this is a great undertaking and cause.  
    See you Friday night-
    Cap
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina I will give you full marks for making this happen.  However, I reserve judgement about Sharon.  I do wonder the trip-wire for declaring "success".  
    Regardless, this is a great undertaking and cause.  
    See you Friday night-
    Cap
    It is a yuge success in the most Egghead forum way possible.  Imagine this joint if it didn't take weeks to get approved by the mods and multiple phone calls and emails?  It would be chaos.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited September 2020
    thetrim said:
    JIC - Any idea how much  would be needed?

I'll bet we could get the trolls riled up enough to take a real shot at it...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    JIC - Any idea how much that would be needed?

I don’t, but I can certainly ask my new friend Sharon.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2020
    caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    JIC - Any idea how much that would be needed?

These are rounded for easy math, plus guestimates, but I am a professional ....

9 million meals served
    510 days deployed

So 17,650 meals per day 

Lets say $3 per meal, that is $53,000 per day, or $106,000 per weekend.

We have a ways to go gentlemen.
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Once you roll into numbers with professionals it can be a sobering exercise.  But do not let that dampen the contributions.  
    Keep 'em coming.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2020
    Questions for Sharon:

1. What are average meal costs.
    2.  If they deploy in multiple locations on the same day, does that count as 1 day deployed, or 1 day for each location, so 1 day may be multiple deployments?
  • $3 per meal sounds too high.  Most of the food is donated, so it doesn’t cost that much.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    $3 per meal sounds too high.  Most of the food is donated, so it doesn’t cost that much.
    You remind me of my kid when he was 12 and knew everything.  Super cute!
  • Cornholio said:
    Bump
     :) 
    Thank you sir!  Saw that!