Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Mr. Buffalo...

124»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    That’s right ! I’m a college educated man who says Gotten and Ain’t. I don’t ever use Ain’t when writing, though.  I also rarely pronounce the -g in words that end in -ing, such as “gettin” and “huntin”.  It’s called living in southern Indiana your whole life .  My mom when to charm school after marrying an army general and enunciates the -g in -ing words, she sounds like a lame ass.  But what the hell do I know ?  I’m just a smelly Walmart shopping,  Trump supporting, USA loving deplorable , who knows that systemic racism doesn’t exist,  and that the Democrat party is the party of slavery, segregation, and Jim Crow laws.  Vote Trump 2020!!! 🖖🏽
    Well said sir. I just wish that you would of added “gun loving, good God fearing Christian, overall wearing, diehard shaver and anus cooking machine” to your statement 👍
    But other than that, well said. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    That’s right ! I’m a college educated man who says Gotten and Ain’t. I don’t ever use Ain’t when writing, though.  I also rarely pronounce the -g in words that end in -ing, such as “gettin” and “huntin”.  It’s called living in southern Indiana your whole life .  My mom when to charm school after marrying an army general and enunciates the -g in -ing words, she sounds like a lame ass.  But what the hell do I know ?  I’m just a smelly Walmart shopping,  Trump supporting, USA loving deplorable , who knows that systemic racism doesn’t exist,  and that the Democrat party is the party of slavery, segregation, and Jim Crow laws.  Vote Trump 2020!!! 🖖🏽
    Well said sir. I just wish that you would of added “gun loving, good God fearing Christian, overall wearing, diehard shaver and anus cooking machine” to your statement 👍
    Yes, I forgot to mention that I shave with a DE safety razor, am pro-second amendment, and the only thing I kneel for is God . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    SGH said:
    Yes, I forgot to mention that I shave with a DE safety razor, am pro-second amendment, and the only thing I kneel for is God . 
    Oh FFS
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    SGH said:
    God likes BJ's??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    caliking said:
    SGH said:
    God likes BJ's??
    I mean IF he was a man..
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Yepp, it's Friday!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • butt_juice
    butt_juice Posts: 129
    HeavyG said:
    I don't have a secret pizza dough recipe but I do have a secret three cheese blend recipe that I'll never share.

P.S. - I do believe we should be concerned about the Buffalo's well being. Can somebody visit that place where he roams, and the deer and the antelope play,
    where seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day to see if he's ok??
    I'm actually going to Smith Center, KS tomorrow, which is where that was written. I'll check in on him. 
    South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager
  • SGH
    I mean IF he was a man..
    While I can not say absolutely for sure that God is a man, I have reasons to believe that he is. I will quote the Almighty himself.
     And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness“
    He later made a female companion for the man. Once again I will quote the Almighty himself. 
     “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
    While I could be wrong, it appears almost certain to me that he is definitely of the male persuasion. 
    He created Adam first, in his image. He created Eve second as a helper to the man. 
    I will offer one more reason why I believe he is male. I will quote his only son Jesus Christ for reference. 
    “In my Father's house are many mansions”
    “ Father, into thy hands I commend my Spirit.”
    He prays to God who is his father. Not his mother. 
    In no way am I trying to convince anyone of what they should or should not believe. Just offering the reasons as to why I believe the way that I do. It is clear that Jesus prayed to and spoke of his “Heavenly Father” many times throughout the Bible. 
    More often than not, father is a man. 
    Just my thoughts be I right or wrong. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    I mean IF he was a man..
    While I can not say absolutely for sure that God is a man, I have reasons to believe that he is. I will quote the Almighty himself.
    He later made a female companion for the man. Once again I will quote the Almighty himself. 
     “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
    While I could be wrong, it appears almost certain to me that he is definitely of the male persuasion. 
    He created Adam first, in his image. He created Eve second as a helper to the man. 
    I will offer one more reason why I believe he is male. I will quote his only son Jesus Christ for reference. 
    In no way am I trying to convince anyone of what they should or should not believe. Just offering the reasons as to why I believe the way that I do. It is clear that Jesus prayed to and spoke of his “Heavenly Father” many times throughout the Bible. 
    On the parts about Eve you are in error.  She was the second wife for Adam since Lilith did not work out. 

• Why not just have a political forum section? Those who want to roam there would be free to do so; those who don’t, wouldn’t peruse. Any political discussions outside of that section get promptly nuked. 

Everybody’s happy. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Why is gender of a god material?  Why would we assume gender even applies?  You’re quoting a book of stories written down by men, in a male dominated society, trying to explain things they themselves didn’t understand and put in human terms because that’s the context they chose.  Other religions use non human context for gods.  Does this matter?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Why not just have a political forum section? Those who want to roam there would be free to do so; those who don’t, wouldn’t peruse. Any political discussions outside of that section get promptly nuked. 

Everybody’s happy. 
    That's what they do on the bbq-brethren forum - a special roped off section not viewable to the general public.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    SGH said:
    I mean IF he was a man..
    On the parts about Eve you are in error.  She was the second wife for Adam since Lilith did not work out. 

had never heard of lilith, looks like a nice lady

lilith demon bible

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Legume said:
    Why is gender of a god material?  
    I did not say that it was. I simply expressed why i believe what i believe. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Legume said:
    Other religions use non human context for gods.  Does this matter?
    Not to me. I do not care what anyone chooses to believe. To each their own.

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    Other religions use non human context for gods.  Does this matter?
    Not to me. I do not care what anyone chooses to believe. To each their own.
    If only more folks felt that way. Good on ya!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    HeavyG said:
    Why not just have a political forum section? Those who want to roam there would be free to do so; those who don’t, wouldn’t peruse. Any political discussions outside of that section get promptly nuked. 

Everybody’s happy. 
    That's what they do on the bbq-brethren forum - a special roped off section not viewable to the general public.
    CSM on advrider forum. Not really suitable for a corporate forum though.
  • SGH said:
    Oh FFS
    Wow, took you a whole 4 minutes to post your witty reply.  Like I’ve said before, you must live on here.  Get a life loser 😂.

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    SGH said:
    Oh FFS
    Wow, took you a whole 4 minutes to post your witty reply.  Like I’ve said before, you must live on here.  Get a life loser 😂.
    Yes, people have been telling me to do something with my life for years now.  You got me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike