Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Mr. Buffalo...

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Lit said:
    Can someone please confirm or deny if HeavyG was indeed the worlds best secret dough recipe guy that wouldnt share it with anyone? If not who was that?
    That was Mikee. At one time I had a troll account that I used to mess with him about the pizza dough recipe. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    This really did used to be a much friendlier place.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Amen. Unfortunately there have been numerous requests like this and they just fall on deaf ears. 
    You seem happy to participate in them and also to try and burn down the 'what are you doing' thread from time to time.
    You are really bad at the truth. I guess over there from time to time also means that one time.
    Is he wrong about you dragging personal fights with forum members into the "What Are You Doing Now" thread?  Seems to me that's what got that thread sunk not that long ago.  
    Then he should have said that one time not from time to time. Im not going to argue with you guys and it is nice that most of it is in one thread now. Maybe the buffalo can allow a dedicated political thread to live so we know what we are getting if we click on it.
    Yes, God forbid someone click on a thread, discover it is not what they expected, and then be forced to somehow click on it again.  
    Or they could just not click on it at all if the title reflected it, Sorry seemed like a common sense solution to me.
    Something tells me you've asked your wife to paint the letters "L" and "R" onto the bottoms of your shoes.  
    How would i see them on the bottom John?
    Of course they're on top.  I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    You pretty clearly said bottom smart guy. 
    You can not make this stuff up.
    Agreed. And you teach thats sad
    I've been told it's not a real job, so I feel less bad about it now.
    Not as worthless as butt doctors. 
    Well in @caliking's defense, my understanding is that he only ended up as a butt doctor because he failed a couple of classes along the way.

Study harder, kids!
    In my defense what am i supposed to say back to a MD thats one of the better cooks on the forum?
    Why do you need to say anything back?  

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.  
    Probably but thats not as fun.
    Then you must be having the time of your life.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Can someone please confirm or deny if HeavyG was indeed the worlds best secret dough recipe guy that wouldnt share it with anyone? If not who was that?
    That was Mikee. At one time I had a troll account that I used to mess with him about the pizza dough recipe. 
    Was that the @MikeHauchertz account?  Because that was hilarious.  
  • Lit said:
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Amen. Unfortunately there have been numerous requests like this and they just fall on deaf ears. 
    You seem happy to participate in them and also to try and burn down the 'what are you doing' thread from time to time.
    You are really bad at the truth. I guess over there from time to time also means that one time.
    Is he wrong about you dragging personal fights with forum members into the "What Are You Doing Now" thread?  Seems to me that's what got that thread sunk not that long ago.  
    Then he should have said that one time not from time to time. Im not going to argue with you guys and it is nice that most of it is in one thread now. Maybe the buffalo can allow a dedicated political thread to live so we know what we are getting if we click on it.
    Yes, God forbid someone click on a thread, discover it is not what they expected, and then be forced to somehow click on it again.  
    Or they could just not click on it at all if the title reflected it, Sorry seemed like a common sense solution to me.
    Something tells me you've asked your wife to paint the letters "L" and "R" onto the bottoms of your shoes.  
    Well in @caliking's defense, my understanding is that he only ended up as a butt doctor because he failed a couple of classes along the way.

Study harder, kids!
    In my defense what am i supposed to say back to a MD thats one of the better cooks on the forum?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.  
    If that is the case he should delete his account 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:

Study harder, kids!

You should look through my posts you might learn to cook.
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    Was that the @MikeHauchertz account?  Because that was hilarious.  
    That one honestly wasnt me.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Lit said:
    dmchicago said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:

Study harder, kids!

Some men... you just can't reach. 
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    I firmly believe some people just need a candy jar of prozac, lit i will pop for yours....   
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I don't have a secret pizza dough recipe but I do have a secret three cheese blend recipe that I'll never share.

P.S. - I do believe we should be concerned about the Buffalo's well being. Can somebody visit that place where he roams, and the deer and the antelope play,
    where seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day to see if he's ok??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324

See...hard to completely avoid politics on food forums.  :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    The OP already made a request for this in the Eggtoberfest thread that's pinned up above, by the way.  Apparently he's not content by the lack of response there.  
    and a warm welcome back to an old timer who lost his original handle  :s
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2539944#Comment_2539944
    canuckland
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    edited August 2020
    100% agree . This place has gotten moronic 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Gotten?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    YukonRon said:
    Gotten?
    To be fair “gotten” is acceptable slang but past tense. I’d say using something more present tense would make the poster’s point more valid.  ;)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    "Food is Inherently Political"  would make a great t-shirt.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• This thread is a better read set to the tune of Dear Mr. Fantasy.

The problem isn’t politics, the problem is aholes and constipation.  

Have a salad.  Seriously.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I look at this as a formatting issue of the website. There should be a different layout. Every other forum I’ve joined has sub topics where you can post. You could have a sub topic for charcoal, smoke woods, accessories, , cook posts, OT stuff. Instead On here everything just gets thrown into one place. I don’t love the political crap either but I’ve grown to shrug it off. Some of it is hilarious. Instead of stifling free speech we should all be asking for BGE to reformat the website. But ultimately it’s theirs to what they wish. I think reformatting the layout is a great alternative to the whole site getting shut down which no one wants
    When I first joined this forum I had same thoughts. I wonder if it is just too small of a community to warrant sub forums.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    I only use my desktop. Are these not showing on phones? Some of the forums I peruse frequently have so many sub-forums that it is easier to just go to 'New Posts' or 'Recent Discussions' than to try to navigate the muddy waters. That is what I do on this forum.

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Yno said:
    I only use my desktop. Are these not showing on phones? Some of the forums I peruse frequently have so many sub-forums that it is easier to just go to 'New Posts' or 'Recent Discussions' than to try to navigate the muddy waters. That is what I do on this forum.

You are correct there are sub forums. You have to choose which you want to post to when you create a new post.
  • SGH
    If nothing else, we need a dedicated shaving sub forum for sure. 

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Yno said:

the problem is that when you post in one of the sub forums, it still shows up in the main forum. i wouldnt change a thing though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    SGH said:
    If nothing else, we need a dedicated shaving sub forum for sure. 
    The issue with a dedicated shaving sub forum is that some will surely take it a step further and demand an anus sub forum, not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Stillwater, MN
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Iam told there is a sausage put up in hog anus, supposed to be good.

1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    A solution is to use the ‘EggHead forum’ as the main link to this forum in your browser.  

I keep forgetting to post in the Cookbook forum, would be better there so if I want Pork, I just click Pork.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)