Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not even lit

Just got into the shade

Sorry it’s sideways posting from phone

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• CPARKTX2
    CPARKTX2 Posts: 222
    It is smoking hot out
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    You could cook on the outside of the egg.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Wow.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I just put a shade sail over my back patio this weekend- so now where I keep the egg is in the shade starting at ~3pm

If this really happens today I'll take a shot when the sun is still on it.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • frazzdaddy
    @xfire_ATX, that shade will help a lot. Do you road ride at all?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
     Or is it?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
     Or is it?
    Please dont
  • xfire_ATX
    I sold my road bike after almost getting hit by a car going 60 that went off the road 50' in front of me and proceeded to flip about 4 times in the woods.  I ride my MTBs to and from the trail heads on sidewalks and some minimal street.

• frazzdaddy
    xfire_ATX said:
    I sold my road bike after almost getting hit by a car going 60 that went off the road 50' in front of me and proceeded to flip about 4 times in the woods.  I ride my MTBs to and from the trail heads on sidewalks and some minimal street.
    Same here on the road bike. I used to ride a couple of hundred miles a week. Still hanging on the wall. Nice Time Pro Team if you know anyone that needs a 14 lb road bike. I did the road to augment the mountain bike riding. Road bike cardio makes you a beast in the woods. 
    Had some knee trouble and never got back on. I miss it a lot.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Same here on the road bike. I used to ride a couple of hundred miles a week. Still hanging on the wall. Nice Time Pro Team if you know anyone that needs a 14 lb road bike.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out what this means.  :confused:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Looks like @botch is a no on the bike.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    Botch said:
    Same here on the road bike. I used to ride a couple of hundred miles a week. Still hanging on the wall. Nice Time Pro Team if you know anyone that needs a 14 lb road bike.
    Very nice French racing bicycle could be had cheap. 10k invested.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Botch said:
    I got 4 bags of Rockwood to offer 😂
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColtsFan said:
    Botch said:
    If you had 4 bags of Ozark then you might be on to something. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    xfire_ATX said:
    Same here on the road bike. I used to ride a couple of hundred miles a week. Still hanging on the wall. Nice Time Pro Team if you know anyone that needs a 14 lb road bike. I did the road to augment the mountain bike riding. Road bike cardio makes you a beast in the woods. 
    Same - Litespeed titanium, been hanging in the garage 20 years.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    edited August 2020
    xfire_ATX said:
    Nice bike. Durace or Campy Record?  Buddy of mine had one. He won his age group in the Hawaiian iron man. If it weren't for swmbos grandfathers stuff my Time would be the finest piece of art on the walls.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    ColtsFan said:
    Botch said:
    At last count I still have at least 10 10 pound bags of Ozark Oak in my stash. But at my age I’m not going to be bartering for some bike. =) 

I forgot to specify that in our most recent will update, but will forewarn my executor that Antique Road Show might be interested! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • frazzdaddy
    RRP said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Botch said:
    At last count I still have at least 10 10 pound bags of Ozark Oak in my stash. But at my age I’m not going to be bartering for some bike. =) 

I forgot to specify that in our most recent will update, but will forewarn my executor that Antique Road Show might be interested! LOL
    @RRP for ten bags I could be tempted
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • xfire_ATX
    Todays no fire in the egg temp.

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    The other day out riding:

• frazzdaddy
    That's way to much hill for 120 degrees!
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    xfire_ATX said:
    Nice bike. Durace or Campy Record?  Buddy of mine had one. He won his age group in the Hawaiian iron man. If it weren't for swmbos grandfathers stuff my Time would be the finest piece of art on the walls.
    Didn’t quite have the budget for either - saved some $ and went with Ultegra.  It wasn’t the top-end Litespeed - carbon fiber fork, pedals and all, under $3,000 back in 1994.  I had some serious bike-envy over high-end Time bikes (among many others) back in the day.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    edited August 2020
    xfire_ATX said:
    Didn’t quite have the budget for either - saved some $ and went with Ultegra.  It wasn’t the top-end Litespeed - carbon fiber fork, pedals and all, under $3,000 back in 1994.  I had some serious bike-envy over high-end Time bikes (among many others) back in the day.
    Ultegra was as good and better in some situations. Lol, I still lust for a ti Lightspeed. There is no better ride than ti.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Cornholio said:

:o  Corn, where do you live/ride??  
    The 6-o'clock news said tonight that early next week the Death Valley temps were expected to hit 126º, you could "sous vide" a steak on your patio!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Botch said:
    Cornholio said:

:o  Corn, where do you live/ride??  
    The 6-o'clock news said tonight that early next week the Death Valley temps were expected to hit 126º, you could "sous vide" a steak on your patio!  
    Southern California, this was in the local mountains.. it was probably in the upper 90’s, maybe low 100’s that day but the trail I was on has hardly any shade so sitting in the direct sun was just scorching. I couldn’t stop for long because my shoes would get too hot and burn my feet. 

Riding the trails from home this week was pretty hot too:

• dmchicago said:
    Not even what I thought this was gonna be about.
    Came here to say this...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    dmchicago said:
    Came here to say this...
    Don't poke the bear man.  He's trying to be good but he's on a knife-edge these days.  Any little thing might send him over the cliff!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    dmchicago said:
    Came here to say this...
    Don't poke the bear man.  He's trying to be good but he's on a knife-edge these days.  Any little thing might send him over the cliff!
    Nah I’m good. I even put the apostrophe in I am to not upset you.