Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - "Semper Supra!" - OT

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,487
edited July 2020 in Off Topic
That's the new slogan unveiled for the United States Space Force; it's Latin for Always Above and will probably irritate a few Marines.  They also selected their new symbol, and upside-down badge from an old Pontiac.   =)

https://www.foxnews.com/science/space-force-unveils-delta-logo-and-semper-supra-motto?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 07.23.20&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

I had to giggle when the Faux News commentator told about he being so excited seeing Top Gun in the movie theater during high school, and rushing out to apply to the Air Force Academy!  :lol:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    George Takei internet respond to Space Force logos resemblance
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    This whole Space Force thing still makes me chuckle.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    This whole Space Force thing still makes me chuckle.
    +1, I really want to be able to take it seriously, but I cannot help smirking when I say it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    That's the new slogan unveiled for the United States Space Force; it's Latin for Always Above and will probably irritate a few Marines.  They also selected their new symbol, and upside-down badge from an old Pontiac.   =)

https://www.foxnews.com/science/space-force-unveils-delta-logo-and-semper-supra-motto?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 07.23.20&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

I had to giggle when the Faux News commentator told about he being so excited seeing Top Gun in the movie theater during high school, and rushing out to apply to the Air Force Academy!  :lol:  
    wow- 3 flag's Botch. Nice work!

Can you imagine getting upset at someone poking fun of the name of a cable news channel you like to watch? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Options
    That may be a personal record!  :triumph:

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Would that make them Over Lords?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Would that make them Over Lords?
    I don’t always Lord, but when I do it’s Tracy Lords. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I thought this was a car thread!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Pandem Toyota Supra Widebody with TE37 wheels
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    I was gonna throw you one, but it’s at 6 now so o figured you were good.  This is solid work 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    I was gonna throw you one, but it’s at 6 now so o figured you were good.  This is solid work 
    I would give a Flag for fun, but I just cannot.  Flags should be taken serious and given the respect they deserve.  I cannot and will not use you one as throw away joke.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited July 2020
    Options
    When I see a flag, it always makes me think of a word that rhymes with it. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    I would give a Flag for fun, but I just cannot.  Flags should be taken serious and given the respect they deserve.  I cannot and will not use you one as throw away joke.
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    Not sure if my meter needs calibration...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    There should be  a sarcasm font.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited July 2020
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    There should be  a sarcasm font.
    Agreed, perhaps appearing as though it was written with a Sharpie?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    I'll just put this here....

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Glad this wasn't about cars so I don't have to be polite about someone's new Zupra.
  • Botch
    Options
    womaus said:
    I'll just put this here....

Thanks, @womaus, I saw that and wanted to post it, but I already have a half-dozen flags on this thread, I don't wanna be banninated.  

I retired early to get away from my hopeless job, MILCON (military construction, 100% dependent on Congressional decisions) for Hill AFB.  Was in the job for 4 Years, then finally in 2018 the NDAA included $26M for an F-22 Radome test facility, one of my projects.  Funds were illegally taken by trumpty-dumpty to fund his f-^*&! wall; I filed my retirement paperwork that afternoon.  

• GregW
    Options
    I'm thinking of that rhyming word......
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Makes me think of those bug killing movies a few years back!  On a serious note, I think the money would be better spent here on Earth for disease cures.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia