Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Those famous thin ribeyes.

Options
Threw on some thin ribeyes we received in a gift box. Sweet tater and some sautéed onions and shrooms. I did not reverse sear them. Damn it anyway. 

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I know your cooks is about the steak, but man o' man those onions look good!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’d crush that. Straightforward and delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hub said:
    I know your cooks is about the steak, but man o' man those onions look good!
    Nah, you’re  spot on. Those thin ribeyes were akin to the toast varying the bruschetta. 

Thanks. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Looks good. Fried onions and mushrooms FTW.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I'd hit it. well done
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2020
    Options
    RRP said:
    To this day my pan fried thin ribeyes on trimmed toast is still one of Pat's favorite meals! 
    Ron i concur with you 100% on this one. I love thin ribeye sandwichs. A great alternitive to this is grilling them about 90 seconds per side and putting them on a poboy style bun with tons of American cheese.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    To this day my pan fried thin ribeyes on trimmed toast is still one of Pat's favorite meals! 
    Ron i concur with you 100% on this one. I love thin ribeye sandwichs. A great  alternitive to this is grilling them about 90 seconds per side and putting them on a poboy style bun with tons of American cheese.

A Mississippi cheese steak!  That sounds awesome.

NOLA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I try to keep my ribeye to 1/4" or thinner
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    I did not reverse sear them. 
    On steaks 1 inch or less i do not reverse sear. With that said there is no reason for me to because i prefer mine very rare. The ole Weber flip works wonders on thin steaks.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    On steaks 1 inch or less i do not reverse sear. With that said there is no reason for me to because i prefer mine very rare. The ole Weber flip works wonders on thin steaks.
    Yeah, the comment was tongue in cheek. 😂
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yeah, the comment was tongue in cheek. 😂
    👍

Status- Standing by.