Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Love You Guys

Options
First time poster... been going through a rough patch in my life and you all have made it bearable. This site and then people are great. 

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Glad to have you here.  Take care.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Hope life gets better.  Welcome.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    First time poster... been going through a rough patch in my life and you all have made it bearable. This site and then people are great. 
    I am certainly sorry to hear that you are having a hard time whatever the problem may be. Just remember my friend, time heals all wounds one way or the other. Hang in there brother 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    @JohnnyArms

welcome. 

Life can be a mfr at times. 

PM me if you ever need someone to chat/talk to!. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sorry to hear, friend. Not to trivialize your challenges, but just remember that there is always someone who has had it worse and who has persevered against all odds. When I face challenges that appear too great to surmount, stoic philosophy is my refuge. As with @dmchicago, text me if you need an ear (or in this case, eyes!). 

As an aside, check out the “post something funny” thread if you need some comedic relief. 
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    Stay strong we are here!! Prayer is the aswer
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Welcome! Many of us are facing new challenges these days. Cooking has been one positive that has helped me immensely. Something about cooking a big ol' brisket just makes things better.
    Mountain View, CA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Light your lump and just take a deep breath. The smell of a freshly lit pile of lump always makes me smile. Hold your head up, you have a great group of guys here. We’re all here if you need us
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Will echo the well wishes of others. This site is a great place to get lost for a while. Hope things get better soon.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I’m sorry life has been challenging for you. 
    Cook some food, post some pics, and join in the discussions. If you happen to acquire any extra money, we will gladly help you spend it. That’s something that we excel at here. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Hope things turn around for you soon. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Every day is a chance for things to get better. Maybe not exactly the way you want them to but still better. I expect my youngest aunt( 2 years older than me ) to succumb to Lung cancer within days. Also we have two divorces in the immediate family since Covidtine begain though the infidelity predated it. It is still better than my childhood from 7 to past 19. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    come join the zoom on Friday night.  @lousubcap and others solve the worlds troubles each week!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Here's to better days in the future. 

This is a great place, and it's great to hear it's brought some happiness into your life.  I know it's done the same for me during many tough times.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great group of friends.  We may not be able to help, be we can listen and offer lots of bad advice.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    When I was going through a rough patch someone pointed out to me that scripture didn't say this shall stay. It says this shall will pass. Hang in there. 

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    One thing for certain about life's challenges, there will be more. Welcome aboard.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  There's a lot of support here.  Take advantage of it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey as it appears you have sorted out the positives from just messing about with your BGE.  Above all, gave fun.  
    I can't offer much beyond what has been said above, but whenever things take a challenging turn I recall, like mentioned by @GrateEggspectations, there is always someone who has it much worse.  Focus on the upsides even though they can be challenging to find at times.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Welcome aboard. I’m sorry life has been challenging for you. 
    Cook some food, post some pics, and join in the discussions. If you happen to acquire any extra money, we will gladly help you spend it. That’s something that we excel at here. 
    Watch this guy. I am a fan of his. A broke fan, but still a fan🙂
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Welcome aboard and I agree with most of what you said - but some members refuse to see the beauty of cricket and get confused about football really is.  And inexplicably miss out the the letter 'u' from the word colour,  not to mention call Autumn 'Fall'. 
    Best wishes from the land of warm beer and rain.  And cricket.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the weekend, some egging and brewskis. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for sharing. This site is a great place of what I feel are genuinely great people. Whether you need a recipe, laugh, or just watching the world burn its here. 

Egging and brewskis sound like a great plan. Enjoy yourself! 
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Welcome.  Sorry to hear of your challenges, but I assure you, whatever it is, someone here has been through it.   Don't be shy about asking for help here as everyone on here is willing to help however they can....